A great Forum idea!! [autolinks]

Guest madu

Right then!!

Just had a brilliant thought. I don't know if the board would support the feature of 'auto-link' of certain words/phrases. So if "hard reset" appears in a post it would automatically link that phrase to appropriate topic in 'Articles' or 'decertify' (and variations) or 'SIM unlock'. there would not be many for now, but it would certainly make it easy. So if you reply to some post saying "you need to hard reset" then you kow what happens....

How possible would that be?

[censoring is possible, so I assume this would prob. be as well]

Guest Richie M

Not bad, but who would fancy going thro creating all those links initially :shock:

One feature i would like is when you get the reply email it also says the user who replied.

And when you click "mark all read" it takes you back to the index not the forum.

(sorry Mad not trying to hijack :lol:)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'd like a username in PM notification too :lol:

Maduy: have you checked phpbb's mods page? I took a look a while back, i wasn't looking for something like this specifically, but i didnt notice anything obvious. Might pay to take another visit...

Been there, Mono.. Nothing like that. But surely it would be easy to put in a coupla links for very famous phrases. I got PM the other day asking for a link to hard reset etc... And about USBterm... I wouldn't mind adding a few links if there was such a feature..

PS: Not much of a PM man myself - all out in the open..

Guest Richie M

I suppose another way would be, once we do a search for someone (on say USBTerm (my favourite subject ;))) we could post the most usefull link in a Sticky in H&A entitled "USBTerm Help" or something like that, at least then if we do get asked we only have to point them to the one place :lol:

Or we could set up a Knowledge Base and post them in there.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Or we could set up a Knowledge Base and post them in there.

Believe it or not, that is the point of the "Articles" forum... :lol:

Guest Richie M

Doh! sorry having a bit of a wierd day (again :roll:)

Note to self - check Articles section more often - well at least once :roll: