Nexus One Desire ROM r21: Radio issue??? Help, please.

Guest flintpez

Guest flintpez

Let me say first that overall, I love the Desire ROM. Everything works fine except my network signals keep switching/dropping like mad (calls & data). Switched back to Cyanogen 5.0.6 and everything's solid. Anyone who knows what they're talking about have a suggestion? I'd love to keep the Sense UI eye candy :P I've known about flashing the radio, but have never done it. Is it possible to do from Restore instead of pushing from PC? If you have a suggestion, please be very specific. By the way, on T-Mo if that matters. Thanks!

Edited by flintpez

Guest dogei22

I have noticed that with the Sense UI ROM I have to use the newest radio for a solid connection and with CM and MCR the next newest. Strange but the different radio images seem to work better with specific ROMs.

Guest flintpez

Thanks. I think I'll give flashing a different radio a shot. I'll start with the one in Cyanogen 5.0.6 that I've had good luck with and see how it goes.

Edited by flintpez

Guest flintpez
I have noticed that with the Sense UI ROM I have to use the newest radio for a solid connection and with CM and MCR the next newest. Strange but the different radio images seem to work better with specific ROMs.

Do you happen to know where I can get the latest radio to flash with the Sense ROM, I guess it's 4.04. I'm currently on 4.03. I downloaded the one from this link- http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...insecure-himem/ and tried flashing twice and get an error each time. I just flash the radio zip from recovery after installing the ROM, correct?

Edited by flintpez