MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest huangxuling

Paul, i updated my legend to "RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.02.178.2" and found that i cannot root it anymore! and also cannot return to 1.31 version....

can anyone help me???!!!

Guest schpinn
Paul, i updated my legend to "RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.02.178.2" and found that i cannot root it anymore! and also cannot return to 1.31 version....

can anyone help me???!!!

As far as I know, downgrading is not possible. It also seems that development for the Legend is more or less dead at the moment, so you'll probably have to wait for a while for anything to happen. We've been waiting for MCR r3 for almost a month, and still no new news.. It seems that the Legend is not that interesting to developers. I regret my purchase each day more and more.

Guest OlegKrikun
As far as I know, downgrading is not possible. It also seems that development for the Legend is more or less dead at the moment, so you'll probably have to wait for a while for anything to happen. We've been waiting for MCR r3 for almost a month, and still no new news.. It seems that the Legend is not that interesting to developers. I regret my purchase each day more and more.

+1 =(

Guest ThreeLeggedMessiah
+1 =(

+1

I even tried contacting Paul via Twitter to try and find out anything about r3 (since he doesn't seem to reply to any of the posts here, at least not in the Legend forums), but he ignored all 3 of my messages :)..

Guest michi15
also i have the same problems after reboot the app theraren't more... Why? Thank you.

The same here.. after 2-3 reboot, all apps are gone-

with rootexplorer I can see that in system/sd only "placeholder" is there- nothing else.

I use the online-kitchen.

Is there a way to get a2sd manually to work w/o cooking it into the rom?

THX :)

Edited by michi15

Guest dr_ysp
The same here.. after 2-3 reboot, all apps are gone-

with rootexplorer I can see that in system/sd only "parent"-folder is there- nothing else.

I use the online-kitchen.

Is there a way to get a2sd manually to work w/o cooking it into the rom?

THX :)

impossible

Guest OlegKrikun
I even tried contacting Paul via Twitter to try and find out anything about r3 (since he doesn't seem to reply to any of the posts here, at least not in the Legend forums), but he ignored all 3 of my messages :)..

Yes, I wrote to Paul in the tweeter and was also ignored = (

Guest borgfather
Has sb got this to work with busybox?

the proses described in the link uses busybox to copy the files to the card and to create the symlnks to the new location

actually from a linux point of view it is very easy

you copy the apps to a ext partition on the system and link the apps folder to it simple :)

haven't tried it myself for my system dous not reconize my ext partition on the sd-card

have to find out why

if someone has an idea please tell me

Guest michi15

Because I'm not that familiar with Linux, I wanna know if I have to retake the whole procedure in the case of installing new apps- or will they be symlinked automatically?

Guest ThreeLeggedMessiah

Kind of rude :)..

Anyway, I'm not making any demands or feature requests or anything like that, the only thing I'd like to know is when (if) there'll be an update to the Legend MCR. So Paul, if you're reading this (although I kinda doubt it), can you give us an approximate ETA on the next update? It doesn't even have to be an exact ETA, the only thing I'd like to know roughly when (and if) can we expect it (next week, next month, never?).

Guest borgfather
Because I'm not that familiar with Linux, I wanna know if I have to retake the whole procedure in the case of installing new apps- or will they be symlinked automatically?

First of all i haven't jet been able to tryout the symlink in android

but in linux it will stay linked to the apps dir

so if you install new apps they "should" be installed in the folder on the sd-card

it is not the apps it-selves that are linked but the containing folder

probably you wouldn't even know you have your apps on the sd-card till you remove it

Guest borgfather

the fact that you are folowing Paul on tweeter doesn't mean he is flowing you

i can understand if you are a moderator or even more you get quite a lott of requests and cant follow them all.

Guest michi15

I just gave up-

I cooked a MoDaCo Custom Rom WITHOUT A2SD(+), but this rom also moved the apps to the sd,

although before flashing I formatted and wiped everything- strange....

Now I'm with the rooted stock-rom and hope solutions will follow ... :)

Guest michi15

Perhaps this helps to find a solution.

IMHO the disappearing of the apps is caused due to a mounting error of 'system/sd'.

At the first boot with add shell and 'busybox df -h' I can see the mounted system/sd.

But after rebooting the apps are gone and in busybox the system/sd won't appear anymore.

Because I'm not familiar with Linux, sb knows where to put the right mounting command.

Thanks

Guest Valmar
I heard there is a new version of android, maybe he will not release the r3 with an old version of android

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=698421

The version in this link has a2sd working. The developer says that he had to put in a delay at boot otherwise a2sd would not work.

What causes the boot delay are two added lines in the 40a2sd script:

#Removed this as there is no /etc/sysctl.conf as of now in MCR

#sysctl -p

sleep 30

busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/sdio.ko

# execute any postinstall script then kill it

I burned a kitchen rom using a2sd (no a2sd+) and I installed it on the Legend.

I unzipped the file and copied out the 40a2sd script from /system/etc/init.d/ . With an editor on my computer I added the lines.

In recovery mode, I used adb to push the file on the phone, and adb shell to move the new 40a2sd to overwrite the old one.

I already rebooted 3-4 times and I have no lost app and no force close.

When people say that they have a disappearing app problem with a2sd, is it with a2sd+ or also with a2sd? In the latter case, this workaround seems to take away the problem (for now at least , I'll keep you posted)

Obviously I don't take any credit for this, if this is of help to someone. The person who found this workaround is pogo1975 (see the link) and he gets credit for it.

Valerio

I'm new to the forum so hi all!

i have a problem uploading a custom zip.

File size: 8.6 Mb

EDIT: removed HTC_IME_mod from the zip and it worked ;)

the script return a php error

Edited by Guest