MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nimmo
nano ftw! :P

P

Indeed. Just flashing now and getting impatient. I was supposed to drop by the office and sign my timesheets about an hour ago, but couldn't resist getting the phone redone.

I just wish that I could write to /system I want to start fiddling about in there and editing my hosts file, partially for fun and partially to protect it from the guys in my class who love to leave your browser on unpleasant sites whenever you leave your phone/computer unlocked for more than 5 seconds...

Guest Paul
Indeed. Just flashing now and getting impatient. I was supposed to drop by the office and sign my timesheets about an hour ago, but couldn't resist getting the phone redone.

I just wish that I could write to /system I want to start fiddling about in there and editing my hosts file, partially for fun and partially to protect it from the guys in my class who love to leave your browser on unpleasant sites whenever you leave your phone/computer unlocked for more than 5 seconds...

Think laterally!

Reboot to recovery, mount /data and /system, create a hosts file on data and symlink it to system. Problem solved! :P

P

Guest Dodino
Think laterally!

Reboot to recovery, mount /data and /system, create a hosts file on data and symlink it to system. Problem solved! :P

P

dowmloading mow, thanks Paul for thr great job

anyway yet to push arabic fonts/support ?

Guest kiedamrong
Not yet...

P

thanks for what you've done to the Legend Paul. Is there any plan to include Asian languages such as Thai and Chinese into your MCR later? :P

Guest Dodino
Not yet...

P

thanks Paul for your reply, although I'm not a developer at all, but I assume that if your Rom currently support Hebrew which is RTL too, may be the arabic support would be a matter of pushing the appropriate fonts ?

Guest Slagert
Prebaked images now online! :P

P

Downloading with 300KB/s.

(and yes, at the end of the mond i'll upgrade my account! :D)

Guest Tim80
- r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 9dd7b2d1a35822c60c63a6f3d2f0654e

Does r2 ROM chinese input comes with default A2SD+ ?

Guest evil_lcf
Prebaked images now online! :P

P

hi paul, can i ask you if there's a way for having a r2 with just a2sd added o otherwise get the r2 with addtions and a2sd and then unistall the addistions? i don't really use these apps . and also it there a way, since my legend is rooted now thanks to you, to unistall app like the stock app?

thank you :D

Guest Krissi

The r2 ROM installation (baked in the kitchen) went excellent. Did an Nandroid backup first, without problems. And everything seems to work just fine.

I have one questions though; any reason why I'm not able to find all available applications in Market. That's the only bug I have, so far.

Krissi

Guest Jacques993

Is there any guide for this rom and Apps2sd ? thanks. purchased addfree just to get this working correctly as prebaked wasnt working.

Guest Nimmo

I think I may be having some issues with the Apps2sd thing now, or else I am doing something else wrong...

I am once again getting messages about having insufficient space, I fired up a shell client and ran df -h and it looks as though I have a cache of 40mb, of which 40mb is being used...

I reckon I am likely doing something wrong, but thought I would put a shout-out and see if anyone else had similar issues still, or if there was an agreed upon fix for it.

Thanks,

Nimmo

Guest schpinn

R2 also seems to have various issues. First I updated (with a2sd) from r3 root, and at first everything seemed to work normally, but after a few reboots all the apps which were not on the /system partition stopped working. Also got a whole bunch of FCs. After that I wiped the phone, cache, dalvik-cache and the ext partition, re-flashed but ended up in the "quietly brilliant" loop. Tried wiping and flashing again, but again ended up in the "quietly brilliant" loop. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it the ROM?

Guest Nimmo

When I went from r3 root to the r1 thing, I had partitioned the SD card to 0mb swap, 512mb ext 2 and then converted the ext2 partition using the recovery tool, then wiped the phone, cache, dalvik-cache, sd card and ext partition. (probably more than I had to, but hey, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, right?)

I also found that using the a2sd+ broke things, so I have gone for the a2sd option instead and that seems to have done the job for me.

Guest schpinn
When I went from r3 root to the r1 thing, I had partitioned the SD card to 0mb swap, 512mb ext 2 and then converted the ext2 partition using the recovery tool, then wiped the phone, cache, dalvik-cache, sd card and ext partition. (probably more than I had to, but hey, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, right?)

I also found that using the a2sd+ broke things, so I have gone for the a2sd option instead and that seems to have done the job for me.

Is it still working after a few reboots?

Guest Nimmo
Is it still working after a few reboots?

I believe so, let me do a few restarts and installs. Will report back in 10-20 minutes I guess.

Guest evil_lcf
R2 also seems to have various issues. First I updated (with a2sd) from r3 root, and at first everything seemed to work normally, but after a few reboots all the apps which were not on the /system partition stopped working. Also got a whole bunch of FCs. After that I wiped the phone, cache, dalvik-cache and the ext partition, re-flashed but ended up in the "quietly brilliant" loop. Tried wiping and flashing again, but again ended up in the "quietly brilliant" loop. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it the ROM?

my apps are gone all togheter as well with r2 with a2sd after a few reboots *_*

Guest Slagert

Hmm, strange things happened wth r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ installed. After 3 restarts all my installed apps are gone and also Market disappeared.

Installing now the same Rom again. Keep you'll posted.

Ah, I'm not the only one!

Edited by Slagert

Guest Dodino
Hmm, strange things happened wth r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ installed. After 3 restarts all my installed apps are gone and also Market disappeared.

+1

Same as here

Guest Nimmo

Ok, been restarting and installing apps for a while now, all seems to be good. I used a custom bake and went with plain a2sd, thought that using the a2sd+ from the new version may have caused my full cache issue.

All seems well with me using the basic a2sd.

Guest Berek

There's definitely a problem with r2 - I get the same using A2SD+. Now trying again with A2SD to see if that works.

Guest Nimmo
missing apps in market solved or not ?

I think so, I was missing an app or two before and now they appear to be back, not 100% sure, but if you want to name a few you are looking for, I can look for you.