Why do we don't have a B7610 ROM sub-forum like I8000's

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Why do we don't have a B7610 ROM sub-forum like the I8000's ROM sub forum?

It's quite getting a bit messy here, ROMs,Q&A's, others concerns etc. are mixed up in one forum... :P

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

I was about to post exactly the same thing. There should be subforums inside B7610 forum to organize things.

Guest FrostBlooD

because we don't have enough supporters for this phone I guess. Making those would be unnecessary because we dont have enough people here, I can only see you, daskalos, as the only great chef here. It's kinda sad tho, I wish our community would grow like the Omnia 2, if you could just compare the amount of topics with Omnia 2 and Pro, it is really far, ( 2700+ of the omnia 2 compared to the 450+ for omnia pro). I can already imagine a ROM subforum with only your ROM in it. lol

Guest daskalos
because we don't have enough supporters for this phone I guess. Making those would be unnecessary because we dont have enough people here, I can only see you, daskalos, as the only great chef here. It's kinda sad tho, I wish our community would grow like the Omnia 2, if you could just compare the amount of topics with Omnia 2 and Pro, it is really far, ( 2700+ of the omnia 2 compared to the 450+ for omnia pro). I can already imagine a ROM subforum with only your ROM in it. lol

I'm not great

I just have the initiative :D

But I think there are many Omnia B7610 users around the world that can support the forum...

For instance, the number of downloads for my Megalite 23547 is 550 (according to my Megaupload account)

So let's say 50% of those downloads are re-downloads,failed downloads and just downloads but never flashed and 50% flashed it on their B7610

So we have 250 people around the world using B7610, we can lessen it to another 50%

So we have about 100 people who sure are using B7610

So where are these 100 people?

I think the problem is that only few number of those 100 are participating in the forums and the rest are just on-lookers...

Maybe because the ROMs here majority is in English... I'm receiving many requests for making a ROM in different languages. Maybe if we can cook other custom ROMs with their respective languange, more people will support B7610

Hmmm maybe it's time....to take my dinner :P

Guest FrostBlooD
I think the problem is that only few number of those 100 are participating in the forums and the rest are just on-lookers...

you might as well call them "ninjas" ahahaha!

If you're one of them, you might as well consider making an account eh? A single thank you to daskalos and to all other guys who helped would really mean much to them. Help the B7610 community grow. In that way, we could help make our devices better because I believe that our B7610 has a great potential!

Edited by FrostBlooD

Guest FortKnox101

I think the only reason the OmniaPRO has a very limited fan base (at the moment) is unlike the Omnia 2, Samsung never advertised the B7610 properly. The only reason I knew about the phone was because of GSMArena and other 'internet' related sites. But if I were to walk the streets, in the shops such as Orange, Phones4u etc. there it was the Omnia 2 no sign of the B7610 (yes i know it was delayed product for UK and Omnia 2 was out months before). At the end of the day I think its mainly down to not being advertised properly, and that is all down to Samsung. They don't even release a lot of updates for it either. Some ways its like "was there any point making the phone?". But yeah It's a real shame though, its a great phone otherwise and I gotta admit I don't know where I would be without you daskalos. Can't stand Stock Roms most of the time.

More to the point on this topic though. Yeah i agree would be good to have some sub-forums, even if it is just for the (approved) tutorials people are putting up on here...one place to find them all instead of sifting through pages and pages to find a guide on how to do something.

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

@FortKnox: Here in India, story was just like you are telling a few months ago. B7610 was launched around December 09, and the only reason I, or for that matter anybody else knew about it was because blogs and sites like PocketNow, WMPowerUser, GSMArena etc reviewed and gave good rating to these two phones. But things are quiet different now. In India, atleast in the part where I live, even in the small cities where people generally prefer phones within the price range of INR 10,000 (B7610 is INR 22,500 and i8000 is INR 24,000) Samsung is advertising B7610 like everything. Every small, medium, big shop is having B7610 displayed all over the place with hundreds of banners of different size. And the response looks good too. Almost every dealer I visited was out of stock and had advance payment for atleast 10 pieces when I was buying mine. I somehow got a special treatment from a Samsung Priority Partner store and got the last piece in stock. :P So I think the situation might change very soon.

@Everybody: The biggest problem with Samsung, atleast in India, is lack of updates. We even dont have the promised WM 6.5 update yet. Because of this, even though I have everything in place (almost everything) to start cooking ROMs for B7610, like I use to do for my HTC P3400i in XDA-Developers forum, I simply dont have the right resources to use my roms and test them. My 6.1 CSC installs versions of some system files and registry entries that are not compatible with 6.5, and break the rom. Eboot also sets insane values for pagepool etc. So till we poor users in India dont get an official update, I am kinda stuck.