An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest kydkylin
Hi,

The caller screen in this 6.5.3 rom has the answer & Ignore button.

Any way to replace this with those slider type with a cab or ..( like the 6.5 slider button)...without third party application(example s2u2)

Thanks.

You can try the samsung dial(should be used with samsung call log) instead.

Samsung Dialer (Phonebook), i8000nxxje1_dialer.cab (4.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/L0ZIO85GK9

Samsung Call Log (Call Log), i8000nxxje1_call_log.cab (987 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/64GSAK2P06

Do a soft reset after installing.Then when you lock the phone and get a call, the slider is available.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest froggyman
You can try the samsung dial(should be used with samsung call log) instead.

Samsung Dialer (Phonebook), i8000nxxje1_dialer.cab (4.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/L0ZIO85GK9

Samsung Call Log (Call Log), i8000nxxje1_call_log.cab (987 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/64GSAK2P06

Do a soft reset after installing.Then when you lock the phone and get a call, the slider is available.

I am using your JD3 rom.

The samsung dialer & call log is not removed...am i right??

I think only the JE1 rom has the samsung dialer & call log remove.

Guest kydkylin
I am using your JD3 rom.

The samsung dialer & call log is not removed...am i right??

I think only the JE1 rom has the samsung dialer & call log remove.

Then I think what you need is JD3's default lock screen.Try to install this to device and soft reset.

lock screen, i8000nxxjd3_default_lockscreen.cab (1.1 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/IEJPCQRCX2

md5: a783c021da1e386b618b21668487ff0f

i've had this rom for a few days now and am enjoying it. after every soft reset, the phone will try to connect to my data plan, and I don't know how to disable that. I've tried the WMlonglife but no luck. could anyone give me some clue? thanks!!!

Guest kydkylin
i've had this rom for a few days now and am enjoying it. after every soft reset, the phone will try to connect to my data plan, and I don't know how to disable that. I've tried the WMlonglife but no luck. could anyone give me some clue? thanks!!!

1.Make sure XIRA is diabled.

Samsung settings->Network Setttings->GPS->XTRA,make all options disselected.

2.Disable Manila weather's auto updating.

Manlila's Weather tab->Menu->Settings,disselect "Download data automatically".

If it doesn't work, you could try nodata.cab at here.

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-so...utility-nodata/

1.Make sure XIRA is diabled.

Samsung settings->Network Setttings->GPS->XTRA,make all options disselected.

2.Disable Manila weather's auto updating.

Manlila's Weather tab->Menu->Settings,disselect "Download data automatically".

If it doesn't work, you could try nodata.cab at here.

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-so...utility-nodata/

Thanks for the quick help. I have already disabled the above two setting but not luck. It's the nodata.cab that does the trick. No more worries! Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Guest xkill3rprox

Does downloading the updated Facebook from Marketplace disable the Facebook tab? Anyone can confirm with me as i know TS aren't able to ans this.

Guest froggyman
Then I think what you need is JD3's default lock screen.Try to install this to device and soft reset.

lock screen, i8000nxxjd3_default_lockscreen.cab (1.1 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/IEJPCQRCX2

md5: a783c021da1e386b618b21668487ff0f

Still the same after installing the lockscreen....

only the lockscreen have the slider not the caller screen.

Think this is the default screen of the 6.5.3.

Thanks, anyway.

Guest jeffrey2000

Could you make a new rhodium core Sense rom with the newer leaked JE3 (JE5 CSC) rom? Would be even better with WM6.5.5 :rolleyes:

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest kydkylin
Could you make a new rhodium core Sense rom with the newer leaked JE3 (JE5 CSC) rom? Would be even better with WM6.5.5 B)

I'm not interested in JE3 at all. :(

As far as I know, JE3 has nothing special except the updated version of Touchplayer.

And here is cab for JE3's TouchPlayer.exe provided by twu2:

i8000nxxje3_touchplayer_update.cab

Just installing the cab to device would make your JE1 to JE3. :D

For the 6.5.5, it's easy to cook one and I've done that. :( But it seems not as stable as 6.5.3 and I came across more "white squares". :rolleyes: So I don't want to release it.Wish samsung could give us a better 6.5.x version in the near future. ;)

Guest igorbr

i have a problem with the mms....i can't receive mms...there is a fix for it???someone have same problem??

sorry my english...

thx

Guest kydkylin
i have a problem with the mms....i can't receive mms...there is a fix for it???someone have same problem??

sorry my english...

thx

Sorry, I still haven't found a solution about the mms.Maybe you could use Rapid81's rom as HTC message client could be used then.

hi kydkylin, just want to say thanks for piecing the ROM up, one of the best i have used :(

You're welcome :(

hi there,

there's a strange thing happening to my wifi control. sometimes after reset, the wifi control will disappear. is it because my didn't delete the CSC when flashing the rom? or is there a fix?

Another problem is that when the ram goes below 50 M, some of the icons in the weather panel will be come white squares. how to fix that?

thanks in advance!

Guest kydkylin
hi there,

there's a strange thing happening to my wifi control. sometimes after reset, the wifi control will disappear. is it because my didn't delete the CSC when flashing the rom? or is there a fix?

Another problem is that when the ram goes below 50 M, some of the icons in the weather panel will be come white squares. how to fix that?

thanks in advance!

1.I never have the wifi problem.Do you use sktools or gpsgate?Seems they may cause the wifi problem.Sorry don't know how to fix it...

2.It's the graphic problem of 6.5.x. You try Rapid81's JD6 or Ryrzy's version instead as they're all 6.5.

1.I never have the wifi problem.Do you use sktools or gpsgate?Seems they may cause the wifi problem.Sorry don't know how to fix it...

2.It's the graphic problem of 6.5.x. You try Rapid81's JD6 or Ryrzy's version instead as they're all 6.5.

Thanks for replying. the wifi problem gets more and more frequent now. i wonder if I should reflash it and delete the CSC.

Guest Sapfizz
Note:

1. I recommand you to flash the rom with official rom version's eboot, phone and erase the csc(In octans2.14, there's a opion named "erase the csc" between "Phone" button and "Intergrated" button.Choose it when you flash a new rom, then the CSC could be erased.) using Octan2.14 and make a hardreset after flashing, as how I tested it.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm fairly new to playing with this so I'm not always sure what the terms mean... is this saying that I don't chose a CSC at all, but I do chose the option to erase the CSC?

If so what happens to the CSC?

I'll Doh! in advance just in case my question is that thick!

Thanks

Guest Sapfizz
when you chose erse csc it delete the csc file you have on your phone

So you simply delete the csc and then you have no csc - this doesn't make sense to me - don't you have to have a csc? Or is it OK to have no csc?