My UK N1 has build EPF21B i cant superboot it

Guest SENTIE

Guest SENTIE

My UK N1 has build EPF21B i cant find anything for it!

hello i have a UK nexus one and im planning to root it, im following a guide but im a total noob at this. my build is EP21B and i cant find a superboot download for that. can i use a different rom ?? do i have to wait??

can anyone help please?

Edited by SENTIE

Guest een625

hello i have a UK nexus one and im planning to root it, im following a guide but im a total noob at this. my build is EP21B and i cant find a superboot download for that. can i use a different rom ?? do i have to wait??

can anyone help please?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

First thing you have to do is unlock the bootloader, this way you can flash a new recovery (Amon ra 1.7) and then apply the custom rom.

There are lots of instruction on how to unlock the bootloader on the web, Here's one from modaco,

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...your-nexus-one/

You'll see a padlock icon when you restart the phone after you've done this. Remember though your warranty is gone when you do this and this is irreversible, now and forever

Once you unlock the bootloader, you flash a new recovery image. This recovery image is where you do all the fun stuff like doing a full backup you can always go back to(nandroid backup). This backups everything including apps

Make sure you get the latest Amon ra recovery for nexus one, 1.7

Here's a sample guide

http://ilikemygooglephone.com/2010/01/07/h...-for-nexus-one/

Once you are done, you can get any of the image here, I would recommend paul's mcr .

Try to get the hang of things before you experiment with radios, apps2sd, other kernels etc.

Make sure you can do backup and restore, and flash etc

Here's how to flash custom rom

All in all it's pretty easy if you're not quite handy around pcs

Remember though, you will be voiding your warranty and there's no way back, and I am in no way responsible if anything bad happens

Hope this helps

Guest ratcom

can anyone help please?

as "een625" posted I did not bother with superboot because all custom roms are rooted anyway, the only thing you really need to do is get a custom recovery on then its plain sailing ;-)

I used these instructions instructions the only problem I had with these instructions was doing step 2 "FASTBOOT should be highlighted. Press the Power Button to go into Fastboot." on both flashing recovery and unlocking bootloader was not necessary and infact prevented it from working?!? all the same it was very easy if you leave out step 2 everytime ;-)

Edited by ratcom

Guest Mi|enko

nvm. . . thought maybe the 3rd letter in the build number indicated the firmware pastry base, but it appears to be the first letter. . .

Edited by Mi|enko