Daskalos ROMs Language Request

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Because of many requests, I have decided that little by little, I'm will try to port ROMs in different languages...

Again, I said little by little, and I can't promise to make the ROMs in all languages, because of limited time and bandwidth....

And I can't promise to make it as fast as I can make the English ROMs

As I said, I will try :P

But I need you're help too...

So here is how we do it:

1. Flash to latest OFFICIAL JC2 ROM and set it up to your language.

2. Now you need to dump your ROM. Look here for instructions http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

3. After obtaining the .bin file, add it to winzip or winrar and compress it so that file size would be smaller.

4. Upload it to the fastest file server you can find (like megaupload) and post the link here so I can download it. Please indicate the language of the dump. And please, don't divide the files :D

Now all you can do now is wait...

Since this project will consume much of my effort and time, a small donation will be greatly appreciated :P

GOODLUCK TO ME :P

Edited by daskalos

Guest subzero85

I don't know if JC2 official Rom was released in Italy because with NPS i don't find any upgrade avaiable.....

but..i try to find JC2 Italian Rom for dump it and i'll post here .bin file that you need....

P.S.: don't worry for donations..if you'll make a fantastic rom such as a JC2 English ROM your work will be rewarded certainly... :P :D

Guest SuperLOL

The world speaks English better you save you time for important think you want to do :P

Edited by SuperLOL

Guest cappuccina

edit: Nevermind, must have used an older version! :P Finally i managed it...

So here is the GERMAN rom_dump.bin file packed with 7zip. I hope thats fine and i did everything right. :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKX8S0A5

I'm so sorry right now I'm not able to donate more :D But I hope that some other german users will donate a bit also.

What I would like to know is what kind of Rom will it be? :P

Will it be a megalite 6.5? Or is it possible to create 6.5.3 or .5?

I really like 6.5.3

( I liked the Hybrid and am now testing the new megalite build, seems very good so far.)

For my part I would like it Lite and 6.5.3.

But thats just me! Absolutely no have to. :P

Edited by cappuccina

Guest gmortena

your ROM is great. but I got a HUGE problem with the keyboard. I miss some alpabeticals there. like Æ Ø Å . I have them on my keyboard, but while im pressing them, they are useless now. Im from Norway :P I also think Danish and Sweedish people misses that too

Guest daskalos

I have made a german ROM with the 23569 build WM 6.5.5...

I did not flashed it on my device because I might encounter problems because of my eboot and csc..

So pls., for German users,try to see if this is booting and working in your device and report back...

Again this is only in German

edited

thanks cappuccina for the German rom dump.

Edited by daskalos

Guest cappuccina

For all german users! Sorry to tell you but DON'T flash the German version yet, it was not patched properly, it says it will expire 07.01.2010!

Guest daskalos
For all german users! Sorry to tell you but DON'T flash the German version yet, it was not patched properly, it says it will expire 07.01.2010!

Does it boot up with the right language? If it is, then the only thing to do is to patch it up properly

Edited by daskalos

Guest cappuccina

Yes it does boot up right with the right language ;-). I entered pin code and changed the time and date. After that came the screen.

I thought maybe I flash it again without changing the date to see if anything else is ok, would that make sense? :P

Guest daskalos
Yes it does boot up right with the right language ;-). I entered pin code and changed the time and date. After that came the screen.

I thought maybe I flash it again without changing the date to see if anything else is ok, would that make sense? :D

Yup please do that (don't correct the date yet), just to test the ROM... can you please :P

Guest daskalos
hay

is it the version 6.5.5 and german ?

but i´m german :P

and i need the qwertz keyboard

thankyou

Mar-C-Luz

Yup it's the newest 6.5.5 build (as of today) and it is in German (and I haven't made an English one of this build yet :D )

You can help me by flashing the ROM and testing it out

Edited by daskalos

Guest Mar-C-Luz

hay okay

i have downloaded it

it is a lite version or full?

whats about the keyboard?

thankyou

Mar-C-Luz

Edited by Mar-C-Luz

Guest daskalos
hay okay

i have downloaded it

it is a lite version or full?

whats about the keyboard?

thankyou

Mar-C-Luz

It's Full

Since it's from a German rom dump, I think your keyboard will be fine

Guest daskalos
okay , thanks

where are the phone and csc??

Mar-C-Luz

You can only flash pda part to test....if there should be any problems, then we can discuss here whether to flash another phone bin and csc

Guest Mar-C-Luz
You can only flash pda part to test....if there should be any problems, then we can discuss here whether to flash another phone bin and csc

okay then i flash with octans normaly?

or other?

Mar-C-Luz

Guest cappuccina

Hey thanks for the patched version downloading already, will try it right away.

Have tested the other rom (without changing the date;-) and it was fine till now. I only had one weird moment. I tested samsung today, was using opera and msn when my todayscreen froze. Had closed all other apps then, so I don't know if it was a memory problem. Switched via W&L Button to wigdets Plus and after some sliding left and right it froze again. But I could use the start menu. Just the Homescreen was freezing. Don't know what exactly caused that! Just wanted to mention it. :P

Its quite fast and things like Messaging, Touchplayer, Bluetooth, Wifi, Musicplayer, Photo Browser all was fine. Don't know what to look at in particular. :D

"but i´m german smile.gif and i need the qwertz keyboard "

@Mar-C-Luz

Yes, just flash it with octans Mini!

I flashed a couple of english ROMs till now and i guess if you don't flash another csc or eboot you will keep the qwertz keyboard. I still have my csc from my stock rom. Always had english roms with qwertz keyboard.

so I don't think you have to worry!

Edited by cappuccina

Guest daskalos
Hey thanks for the patched version downloading already, will try it right away.

Have tested the other rom (without changing the date;-) and it was fine till now. I only had one weird moment. I tested samsung today, was using opera and msn when my todayscreen froze. Had closed all other apps then, so I don't know if it was a memory problem. Switched via W&L Button to wigdets Plus and after some sliding left and right it froze again. But I could use the start menu. Just the Homescreen was freezing. Don't know what exactly caused that! Just wanted to mention it. :P

Its quite fast and things like Messaging, Touchplayer, Bluetooth, Wifi, Musicplayer, Photo Browser all was fine. Don't know what to look at in particular. :D

"but i´m german smile.gif and i need the qwertz keyboard "

@Mar-C-Luz

Yes, just flash it with octans Mini!

I flashed a couple of english ROMs till now and i guess if you don't flash another csc or eboot you will keep the qwertz keyboard. I still have my csc from my stock rom. Always had english roms with qwertz keyboard.

so I don't think you have to worry!

Good to hear it's a usable German ROM, just alert me if the freezing happens again

Guest Mar-C-Luz

thank you very much .. :P

its works fine

its all okay and i dont habe any problem at this time

when i found any problem , then i post

thankyou thankyou

Mar-C-Luz

sry for my bad english :D

Guest cappuccina

ok thanks again for the german rom! :P

Had now some time to test it more further and I just recognized that it seems to be compatible with the samsung sdk, I'm using the std 2.1.0 .

With the latest builds 23566, 23568 there was the sleeping problem again but I installed it now and my phone wakes up just normal, even with wifi on, seems quite good to me.

I have the samsung lockscreen disabled and using s2u2. But even when you press the button for a long time there comes the slidelock and it seems to wake up with no problems.

Thought it would be good to know, when you cook an english rom with this build.

Guest ErnstJanF

Daskalos!

Thanks for doing this, could you please create a dutch MEGAlite ROM? :P

I'd like to try to see if it fits my needs as I want to use Sense 2.5 and some of the Samsung apps :D