A few questions about a rooted Desire with the MoDaCo r1 custom ROM

Guest sintaku

Guest sintaku

I've rooted my desire using the r4 method and used the r1 MoDaCo custom ROM. Sorry but I'm a newbie at the "rooting" scene of Android. I moved from a jailbroken iPhone 3G to the Nexus One then HTC Desire. So I am a big newbie at this.

So what are the benefits of rooting? Anything I should or can do now that I couldn't do before? Also one question is how can I make the call log infinite (right now it is only the last 500 entries, am I right?), is there anyway to make it be infinite? Would be nice because then the StatsDroid app would be very accurate.

I've searched and couldn't find it, sorry if this is an already answered question.

I look forward to your answers, thank you.

Guest Ottoman079

For me there where two big benefits:

* Living in Belgium we don't have any access to paid apps in the Market. After i had rooted my phone i was able to install "paid apps enabler" so i could download all apps available on the market

* Second benefit, i think this is very useful for everyone, is apps2SD. As in the standard settings all apps are installed on the internal memory you will run out of space very soon. For me it was after 2 weeks...

Another benefit is that some apps on the market require root access, so if you find an app which is useful for you and it requires root access you will able to install it. I only rooted my desire for the two reasons mentioned above...

I can't answer your question to make the call log infinite. But i have seen some apps of which i think can make this possible for you...

I have rooted my phone with the r3 method and it worked perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pmcguire
* Living in Belgium we don't have any access to paid apps in the Market. After i had rooted my phone i was able to install "paid apps enabler" so i could download all apps available on the market

I thought that this didn't work on the desire due to the system partition being non writable (or something like that) Has this restriction now been "fixed"?

Guest l1nuxfre4k
I thought that this didn't work on the desire due to the system partition being non writable (or something like that) Has this restriction now been "fixed"?

You must have quoted the wrong thing?

never been anything about system partition problems and such with Market :rolleyes:

regarding the Apps2SD,

They found a workaround just as they did for all other android phones pretty much

Guest pmcguire
You must have quoted the wrong thing?

never been anything about system partition problems and such with Market :rolleyes:

regarding the Apps2SD,

They found a workaround just as they did for all other android phones pretty much

Ok well that's good news, can you confirm that you have full market access on your rooted desire then?

I like to use the "MarketAccess" app as it runs at bootup and runs silently.

I don't have the desire yet but I am making a swap deal for my nexus with my colleague.