[Tethering] Over Wifi

Guest Ariekanarie

Guest Ariekanarie

Since I had the nice HTC HD2 in my hands and saw the nice wifi router option at communicationmanager,

I had the feeling that I have to install a little program to set up a wifi "router" so I can share my mobile Internet with my laptop passed by Wifi.

Why I want to do it with wifi and not with blue tooth?

The reason is: When I setup sharing Internet connection with the wm tool by blue tooth, my laptops can't find any blue tooth device.

What I already found:

I found http://www.wmwifirouter.com/ and this is a very nice tool. But I think that there are much apps which don't use 6 mb ram just after starting the app (without starting the wifi connection)

The HTC sense app, to start this service, is faster and better in my opinion.

For now wmwifirouter is good for me. But if someone knows a better, lighter application for this, I will appreciate it when you let me know :P

So let me know how you share your internet with external devices :D

Thanx in advance for your reaction :P

Edited by Ariekanarie

Guest ErnstJanF
Since I had the nice HTC HD2 in my hands and saw the nice wifi router option at communicationmanager,

I had the feeling that I have to install a little program to set up a wifi "router" so I can share my mobile Internet with my laptop passed by Wifi.

Why I want to do it with wifi and not with blue tooth?

The reason is: When I setup sharing Internet connection with the wm tool by blue tooth, my laptops can't find any blue tooth device.

What I already found:

I found http://www.wmwifirouter.com/ and this is a very nice tool. But I think that there are much apps which don't use 6 mb ram just after starting the app (without starting the wifi connection)

The HTC sense app, to start this service, is faster and better in my opinion.

For now wmwifirouter is good for me. But if someone knows a better, lighter application for this, I will appreciate it when you let me know :P

So let me know how you share your internet with external devices :D

Thanx in advance for your reaction :P

You mean like PDANet? (That's what i'm using @ school as they blocked a lot of websites :P)

It's Async + WIFI

Guest Ariekanarie
You mean like PDANet? (That's what i'm using @ school as they blocked a lot of websites :P)

It's Async + WIFI

I mean this: Tethering

But the share internet connection software of wm is only over USB or Bluetooth.

But I want a light program for sharing my mobile internet connection over wifi(mobile is setting up an ad-hoc wifi network), so I can connect it with my notebook.

That's the way I want to surf the web on my notebook when I'm sitting in the train i.e.

So who knows good, light, fast software for tethering over wifi??

Guest ErnstJanF
I mean this: Tethering

But the share internet connection software of wm is only over USB or Bluetooth.

But I want a light program for sharing my mobile internet connection over wifi(mobile is setting up an ad-hoc wifi network), so I can connect it with my notebook.

That's the way I want to surf the web on my notebook when I'm sitting in the train i.e.

So who knows good, light, fast software for tethering over wifi??

As I said, it does everything what you want in this quote :D

The only thing is;

You have to set the Ad-hoc network yourself. You can do this on either the phone or the notebook, and you can connect from your notebook using the desktop app :P