GPS support

Guest Tommyukuk

Guest Tommyukuk

Can anyone clarify the gps support the pulse mini has? i went into the t-mobile store and had a go with the phone.. to be told that it only supports basically google map basic navigation. The rep explained that the pulse and the pulse mini due to having a very weak processor wouldn't support any kind of proper navigation such as sygic and others.. is this true?

Guest Tommyukuk

Cool, also tried to buy a pulse at lunch time today, to be told at 10am they were told (or ordered as she said) by head office to send back all remaining pulse stock as it was no longer been sold.. shame really as by the looks of things, it looked better than the mini! Still in 2 minds weather or not to get the mini though.. I guess it would beat the balls off my current lg!

Is the telenav like the rubbish you get with lg phones.. its full gps navigation but you need to be constantly be connected to the internet for it to work and download the map data as it goes along?

Edited by Tommyukuk

Guest chrish2009
Doesn't appear to...

P

ive just been on the google maps on it, asked for directions and it has navigate (if that is what you are talking about), it all loaded but couldn't find my GPS position.

but i think this is just my settings a bit funny at min.

Guest Tommyukuk

What im on about is the apps like nav and igo, navigon, and sygic (pretty similar to tomtom). I was interested in the pulse mini and the pulse, but as said above when i went into the store, the woman explained that, even tho the phone has android and gps its processor isnt fast / strong enough to run any of the above apps.. it would only run google maps and that would be about it.. and half of the apps from the android store wouldnt run as they would need more power or something :S

thats why i was asking if anyone has the pulse mini.. if they could clarify weather its possible to run those apps like sygic with full turn by turn voice navigation..

Guest chrish2009
What im on about is the apps like nav and igo, navigon, and sygic (pretty similar to tomtom). I was interested in the pulse mini and the pulse, but as said above when i went into the store, the woman explained that, even tho the phone has android and gps its processor isnt fast / strong enough to run any of the above apps.. it would only run google maps and that would be about it.. and half of the apps from the android store wouldnt run as they would need more power or something :S

thats why i was asking if anyone has the pulse mini.. if they could clarify weather its possible to run those apps like sygic with full turn by turn voice navigation..

ill try and sort ma mates GPS out on his pulse today, if i have chance ill give it a quick test on the way home.

cant promise anything today though.

chris

Guest chrish2009
Just got round to updating my mini to Maps 4.2.0, yes, Google Maps Navigation DOES work!

P

yep, just done it myself aswell.

works, takes a while to load though.

that may be because my mate has loads of s*** on his phone :/

chris

Guest webjames

i can also confirm that the google maps navigation app works with speech etc perfectly, even found my location indoors sitting a couple of meters away from a window to within 5meters.

A+ for the GPS on this device.