MCR 4.0 ROM Its Way!

Guest Fleming

Guest venturerider
screw that, when I update my Hero it'll be to whatever the best 'Google Experience' phone is, I'm not messing about waiting for HTC's update process again!

Right. And Google just announced that they will be going on to a yearly release schedule.

Edited by venturerider

Guest jon.m.knight
With the promised speed/memory optimizations and JIT in 2.2, it would make the 'legacy' Hero a still useful (even great?) device for a couple more generations, until we see new killer devices with the newly announced 1.2GHz dual core Snapdragon cpu or something... After trying out some of the latest 2.1 ROMs with OC and JIT I have decided to not go for a Desire/N1/Evo upgrade, but keep my Hero until something like that turns up.

Same for me, no point upgrading from the Hero to the Desire when the Incredible/Evo are knocking about in the US, surely only a matter of months before something similar ( Glacier ? LED ? ) is available here. Don't get me wrong, the Desire is the best Android handset out there, but with such a quick delivery cycle now, it's too late in the day to consider it for upgrade, especially the way networks are dragging contracts out and the draconian upgrade measures they're putting in place :(

Agree.

Do you think Paul will integrate JIT with 4.0? I'm new to all this so not too sure how he cooks the ROMS..

Guest zorm
Do you think Paul will integrate JIT with 4.0? I'm new to all this so not too sure how he cooks the ROMS..

As it's not stable I'd very much doubt it.

Guest cireasa
screw that, when I update my Hero it'll be to whatever the best 'Google Experience' phone is, I'm not messing about waiting for HTC's update process again! (of course, going by the Nexus One that may well still be a HTC phone, in which case I shut up)

What's stopping you now from going to Vanilla?

Guest venturerider

There is not a single AOSP 2.1 build out there that has functioning A2DP.

Guest milko9000
Right. And Google just announced that they will be going on to a yearly release schedule.

Yeah, imagine how much longer it'll take for each HTC update after that!

None of them work properly yet, though RaduG's one looks close. Still, until someone gets all of the HTC Hero drivers it seems this will be a tricky process. I've gone with CronosDroid today though until something more Modaco or Vanilla flavoured takes my fancy. Works nice )

Guest JamesKing

W00t, can't wait. WOnder when the first MCR 4.0 will be along. Hopefully over this weekend :( We've been waiting so long!

Guest TheMrMay

I've waited, as many others have, a very long time for 2.1, but I'm not going to rush into installing the first version to surface... I think waiting for MCR4.0 is the wisest option, and probably best in the long run.

Can we have an estimated time of release for MCR4.0 please Paul? Today? Tomorrow? Next week?

(I know your ETAs are much more precise than HTCs :( )

Guest lennondhino
I've waited, as many others have, a very long time for 2.1, but I'm not going to rush into installing the first version to surface... I think waiting for MCR4.0 is the wisest option, and probably best in the long run.

Can we have an estimated time of release for MCR4.0 please Paul? Today? Tomorrow? Next week?

(I know your ETAs are much more precise than HTCs :( )

he said monday in the thread that he started, its almost here!

Guest CoolSatan
he said monday in the thread that he started, its almost here!

give it to me .. have waitin the offical rom so long, little waiting for paul´s rom is shorten.. i hope :(

Edited by CoolSatan

Guest Carl_Brummy
I tweated Paul this morning asking when we can expect MCR 4 for hero and he replied today or tomorrow :)

I wonder if we would be better waiting for an official EU version of the new ROM, we have waited long enough...

Bearing in mind radio issues with the Asian rom that has been released, I am on Orange UK unlocked and the new radio does not work for me (as already discussed elsewhere), but apparently the newer radios have better stability, so I guess we need to see what radio version is released with the EU 2.1 update.

Carl.

Guest Dan Mullen
I wonder if we would be better waiting for an official EU version of the new ROM, we have waited long enough...

Bearing in mind radio issues with the Asian rom that has been released, I am on Orange UK unlocked and the new radio does not work for me (as already discussed elsewhere), but apparently the newer radios have better stability, so I guess we need to see what radio version is released with the EU 2.1 update.

Carl.

That's exactly what I plan to do - wait for an official English release for Paul to base his ROM on.

Guest padstar

Well I tried a good deal of the custom 2.1 ROMS that were made prior to the Taiwan release. Yes they all had their problems but towards the end they got to be very good. However, the official Taiwan release has solved the gripes that I had with the previous unofficial efforts. Have to say it rocks. Why wait for an English release when you can get access to all the cool apps 1.5 misses out on now? You can always wipe and flash again when the EU release comes out. Part of the fun, for me at least, is flashing new bakes and trying out different ROMS.

Guest sik_gerar
*waits silently*

+1 i've had my times booting new broken roms, i'd rather prefer a rock stable one i can use everyday, but as you said, that's not for everyone.

Guest ilbulgaro

i hope that MCR 4.0 will introduce the possibility to OC the device like on VillainROM...i'm using it at 570 or 690 MHZ and it's much better...xD

Guest alt236

Carl.

I wonder why that is.

I am also on Orange with an unlocked Hero and the radio works fine (up to now anyway).

Any chance of two Hero models on the wild?

Guest REhero

Hi. Anyone know what's happening to this ROM? Haven't heard anything for a few days. Last I saw Paul pulled MCR 4.0, was that right?

Any word on a new release?

Thanks all!