samsung sms UI very slow..

Guest yamajiang

Guest yamajiang

I like Samsung SMS UI, it is very beautiful and functional.

Dakolas version is good and fast. but the samsung sms ui still very slow. it takes me 60s to 100s to open the inbox as i have about 2000 sms need to keep.

any solutions?

Guest Ignition

no solution... i get the same thing with 2000+ messages.... i cannot believe Samsung did not fix it with the latest update..... it is unacceptable to wait a minute or so to load your inbox..

so i am forced to use the simple microsoft message reader...... i dont think samsung will ever fix it..

Guest rybar73

I am using "MEGAlite 6.5.3 build 23654" with installed "Samsung SMS-MMS for 6.5.x", and I think that is same as default SMS app. I have Threading Enabled and I have 130+ SMS (opening SMS about 3-5 sec).

btw. Maybe you can archive your SMS in my MyPhone, or are you sure that you need all 2000+ SMS in mobile? :-)

Guest yamajiang
I am using "MEGAlite 6.5.3 build 23654" with installed "Samsung SMS-MMS for 6.5.x", and I think that is same as default SMS app. I have Threading Enabled and I have 130+ SMS (opening SMS about 3-5 sec).

btw. Maybe you can archive your SMS in my MyPhone, or are you sure that you need all 2000+ SMS in mobile? :-)

2000+ sms is very important to me as all those are my communication records with my 700+ clients. actually i had 5000+ sms previously. And I spent a lot of time clear them up and keep the number at around 2000 now.

Microsoft SMS UI is fast but not eye-candy. however, I have no choice now.

Guest xbongx

Yes we would like to keep that messages, its a reference on all conversation history we make...

i have 20,000+ messages on inbox and 18,000+ sentbox

why is that sms thread is so slow it takes me 4-5minutes to open so i use default instead the samsung sms apps but i cant see conversations coz its not threaded..

if you would like to see the different on iPHONE sms its really fast and all messages are threaded, why is it on microsoft is so boring and slow. i love WINMO but why is it so pfaking laaggg..

Guest rybar73
2000+ sms is very important to me as all those are my communication records with my 700+ clients. actually i had 5000+ sms previously. And I spent a lot of time clear them up and keep the number at around 2000 now.

Microsoft SMS UI is fast but not eye-candy. however, I have no choice now.

Maybe useful tip for you. There on XDA you can find how change Microsoft SMS UI more eye-candy (but it is for threading enabled).

to xbongx: Did you try MS thread SMS open and wait some time for calculating? Because in my device where I have just few SMS (about 200+), need some time to creating threads (1-2 min), but then working fast. So maybe you need more time for first calculating..

Edited by rybar73

Guest yamajiang
Maybe useful tip for you. There on XDA you can find how change Microsoft SMS UI more eye-candy (but it is for threading enabled).

to xbongx: Did you try MS thread SMS open and wait some time for calculating? Because in my device where I have just few SMS (about 200+), need some time to creating threads (1-2 min), but then working fast. So maybe you need more time for first calculating..

i tried those SMS skin for MS thread message. but they does not work for my B7610. i don't know why. i tried 6.5 and 6.5.x version. both not working.

Guest rybar73

It worked on my B7610. Only when I used Megalite ROM, I had to re-write some file (I think thread_style.css) manually. Then works. I wrote what to do somewhere in XDA thread so you can find here ;-)