I8000NXXJE1 LITE 20100511

Guest twu2

Guest Mighty Warriors
yes, but if you want to use PowerDic, you need to flash a .mst with this in hidden partition before flash the lite rom (if your my storage already have such hidden partition and the files in there, you don't need to do this).

I dun use PowerDic. Just checking if can clean install to a clean device everytime. Thanks!

Guest dagb

Thank you! A most excellent ROM and Post. The trend with packaging in themes has become a nuisance, since most all of them are buggy. With this one, you get a clean lite start, with the option to add the apps and the theme you prefer yourself.

Great job!

Guest shadowangel
old version for i8000lite.php?

please use the one in the topic.

I used the one in the i8000_v3_JE1.zip provided in the topic... What I meant was that the BuildOS only presented the My OEM option when it went up just like your tutorial...

Was it supposed to show everything? One of my failed tries it did, but in that time the My OEM didn't...

Thanks for your replies!

Guest twu2
I used the one in the i8000_v3_JE1.zip provided in the topic... What I meant was that the BuildOS only presented the My OEM option when it went up just like your tutorial...

Was it supposed to show everything? One of my failed tries it did, but in that time the My OEM didn't...

BuildOS should show all.

Are you sure it's a lite rom? or still a full rom? under OEM folder, does it exist a lots of zzzOEM_XXXXX folder?

Guest shadowangel
BuildOS should show all.

Are you sure it's a lite rom? or still a full rom? under OEM folder, does it exist a lots of zzzOEM_XXXXX folder?

I flashed the complete package of full JE1 PT-PT then dumped it to get the rom_dump.bin

The only zzzOEM is the OEM folder is the one provided in your zip file (zzzzzMyMods)

Edited by shadowangel

Guest twu2
The only zzzOEM is the OEM folder is the one provided in your zip file (zzzzzMyMods)

I think the i8000lite.php never execute or it got some error. I think the rom you build is still a full rom (hm... the only different with official rom is the compression method, the one you build use LZX will give you more device space).

Guest shadowangel
I think the i8000lite.php never execute or it got some error. I think the rom you build is still a full rom (hm... the only different with official rom is the compression method, the one you build use LZX will give you more device space).
twu2

The deleted folder after I run the php goes to 200MB+... I'll try to make the command write to a text file to see if there are any errors since it's kinda fast! :)

Guest twu2
The deleted folder after I run the php goes to 200MB+... I'll try to make the command write to a text file to see if there are any errors since it's kinda fast! :)

there's 2 part in that script.

1st => move file from OEM/SYS to deleted folder.

2nd => move file from deleted folder based on the setting in LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt

the 2nd part is not executed, so... do you have a lots of .txt files under LITE\OEM\ folder?

Guest shadowangel
there's 2 part in that script.

1st => move file from OEM/SYS to deleted folder.

2nd => move file from deleted folder based on the setting in LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt

the 2nd part is not executed, so... do you have a lots of .txt files under LITE\OEM\ folder?

Yes, there are a lot of TXT files there.

I just finished doing everything again and will flash it again with the Octans 2.14 just like you said to do

@edit...

Oh oh... I moved the LITE\OEM to OEM (there is a lot of txt there still), since in your tutorial the LITE folder is supposed to have only three files... so I guess it wasn't?

Restarting everything! rs

Finished... Flashed... And the Oscar goes tooooo... two2! rs

Man... it was that folder that was supposed to be in the LITE folder the problem... it went all ok! thanks for all the support! (and a suggestion... somebody else might have the same misunderstanding as I did and move the OEM folder... Could you update that post?) =)

Edited by shadowangel

Guest nightcrawl

hi thanks for your work.

I have a problem with adobe reader le.The problem is when i open a document in 1 or 2 minutes

the phone autoblock, the screen goes black and don't respond any button i have to take off the

battery any solution

Guest twu2
I have a problem with adobe reader le.The problem is when i open a document in 1 or 2 minutes

the phone autoblock, the screen goes black and don't respond any button i have to take off the

battery any solution

I just make a test for this. It work fine in my device (I'm use S2U2 as the lockscreen program).

Guest wellknownuser
do you install sunfon.ac3 (there's a cab for this)? I test it last night for Traditional Chinese, no problem for me. It's same font in JD1/JD3, it should work for Simplified Chinese also.

I also have some cabs (IME, font) for Traditional Chinese here:

細明體 (install this before install droid font or ugcsh font), i8000, mingliu_font.cab (5.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/8VZZ71ATFV

Droid 字型, i8000_driod_font.cab (1.5 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/SG2BG1PHQ6

三星繁體版的字型, i8000_ugcsh00m_font.cab (5.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/RP4WH6N8NI

三星手寫輸入, i8000hzhjc2_samsungpanelfs.cab (4.2 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/APP90KPH8I

三星注音輸入, i8000hzhjc2_xt9bpmf.cab (861 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/PJXA5JA46P

三星筆順輸入, i8000hzhjc2_xt9stroke.cab (861 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/1UKYOIJY5P

for Simplified Chinese, you can install sunfon.ac3 first, then install Droid font, then I think it should work for both TC and SC.

great work twu2! and how do u extract the '三星注音輸入'? because I want to install the '倉頡輸入', thx!

Guest twu2
great work twu2! and how do u extract the '三星注音輸入'? because I want to install the '倉頡輸入', thx!

it's build-in IME in Taiwan's i8000 rom, only for "注音", no "倉頡".

Guest plguzman

This is indeed the ROM with the best memory management in 6.5.x I ever saw. I have had my phone on all day long, and used it in the most brutal way (IM+ started and finished a lot of times, chatting, IE, Opera 10 used several times too, Twitter refreshing all day long, Skype also, SPBTV, SMS'ing and got several calls), and the phone never freezed, and even better, the RAM stabilized about 12MB under my boot RAM. So, no reboot was ever needed.

Now I would love twu to cook a JE2 version. Maybe 6.5 will leave us with 105/106MB of RAM @ boot.

Edited by plguzman

Guest pcfrnd

hi,

i have a question about samsung settings!

is a technical reason you keep samsung settings or only u prefer this?

in fact it is saving more than 10 mb if not included in rom! and can be installed in mystorage

Guest wellknownuser
it's build-in IME in Taiwan's i8000 rom, only for "注音", no "倉頡".

ic, so if i've Hong Kong's i8000 rom, how can i extract that "倉頡" IME? any tutorial links? thx again!

Guest fubo
Could "TIM" be italian operator TIM?

I confirm: it is italian operator TIM specific CSC. There are custom italian apps like access to operator pages.

Edited by fubo

Guest twu2
ic, so if i've Hong Kong's i8000 rom, how can i extract that "倉頡" IME? any tutorial links? thx again!

there's no "倉頡" IME in HK rom (in fact, Taiwan and HongKong share the same rom, only CSC different).

Samsung only provide "筆順" (or "筆劃") for HK.

Guest twu2
hi,

i have a question about samsung settings!

is a technical reason you keep samsung settings or only u prefer this?

in fact it is saving more than 10 mb if not included in rom! and can be installed in mystorage

1. I use it sometimes.

2. I try this before, maybe some file need during the boot after flash the rom, it stop at orange windows screen... I don't want to test it one by one to find which one need for this... so I keep it.

You can try to build a rom by yourself if you really don't want this in rom.

PS. I also think to put the call log and phonebook back to the rom, because when write a email/sms, to pickup the receipt need this 2 program.

Guest wellknownuser
there's no "倉頡" IME in HK rom (in fact, Taiwan and HongKong share the same rom, only CSC different).

Samsung only provide "筆順" (or "筆劃") for HK.

? but i can use "倉頡" in my Hong Kong rom - I8000HZHJC2, which has 2 files 'chajeiim.dll' and 'chajeiim.192.dll' in windows directory, and i tried to copy them to ur new XXJE1 rom under windows directory, added the same register from ZHJC2 to XXJE1 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E18BFD44-DF36-11D1-90DD-0000F81E0CE9}\倉頡'. it can show the '倉頡' input, but only can input eng, not chinese. i've no clue to make it works, anyway, thx for ur quick reply!

Guest nightcrawl
I just make a test for this. It work fine in my device (I'm use S2U2 as the lockscreen program).

thamks for u soon answer i'll try :)

Guest Mighty Warriors

Not sure if anyone notice or is it just me. The chome in JE1 doesn't seems to work when using chrome editor or Home screen customiser. It seems the JE1 chome has change some setting or what. When I use the chrome editor or HSC to edit the chome, they get mixed up and some don't even display. I remove it and use back JD3 chome and everything work find with HSC and chrome editor