Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shisan
Mcspoon said to fix wifi you would need to type in these commands in a command prompt

adb shell

mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

ln -s /data/cust/wifi /system/etc/wifi

reboot

while in the recovery screen which I guess is the bluescreen (hold volume down and the red button)

make sure you have the adb drivers installed

I havent tested it yet

ADB is the driver that allows developers access to the phone through the pc so they can potentially, replace system apps, do loads of things

we need the adb drivers to type these commands. the drivers should be on the tmobile cd that we had with the pulse if I am correct

this

post-641761-1273632157_thumb.jpg

i have installed the driver fo windows7

1.5 rom is ok

but it can't be fonud when i flashed the 2.1 rom on my pulse

i have installed adb driver

what can i do?

Guest shisan
Check the hardware ID of the mystery device, edit the .inf file in the driver to reflect it.

How can i find the hardware ID of the mystery device?

Guest Josh04

Right click it with the triangle in the Device manager, last tab. Hardware ID is about second in the dropdown box. It'll only be about one number out compared to the one in the driver .inf file.

Guest zerosignull

ROM is sweet. Live wallpapers work much better then expected and the performance is the same, as far as i can remember, as the t-mobile December update :P

BUG: Free space counter resets to 11.9mb after reboot.

Guest shisan
Long story in short:

I got a copy of an Eclair update file for our Pulse.

I flashed it, but now I can't flash any other images to my Pulse, as the fastboot mode got screwed up.

I tried to root it any you can download the update.zip here.

DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!

But beware, the update is too large to fit our Pulse.

If you want to read all the story in detail, have a look at this thread.

Best Regards,

BigBear [boBo]

Update: Download link is in this post!

Bear

can you tell me what are they?

DMClient.apk

HWDrmApp.apk

OMACP.apk

OmaDownload.apk

PicoTts.apk

SFP.apk

TtsService.apk

VisualizationWallpapers.apk

WNW.apk

CustomAPKsHidden.apk

what are these apps mean?

Guest mr.a

hey just to make sure before I flash this ROM, I have a question.

Is it possible to go back to the december update or the 1.7 MCR. And how do we flash them (I assume that Amon_RA is not working yet on this phone)

Guest ogiogi
hey just to make sure before I flash this ROM, I have a question.

Is it possible to go back to the december update or the 1.7 MCR. And how do we flash them (I assume that Amon_RA is not working yet on this phone)

You can go back. Just go in to recovery and do a Nand restore, assuming you did a nand backup first. if not just flash any 1.5 rom.

Guest Blake Loring

Hi all, I'm gohna upload my slightly modified version of Paul and BigBears rom when I get back in a few hours. It has working WiFi and about 40Mb of space on a fresh install. :-) should tide us all over untill MCR (P.S: Now I have the extra space the rom seems pretty stable, I'v had no reboots or FC's in a while though I did get them on first boot)

Guest zerosignull
Hi all, I'm gohna upload my slightly modified version of Paul and BigBears rom when I get back in a few hours. It has working WiFi and about 40Mb of space on a fresh install. :-) should tide us all over untill MCR (P.S: Now I have the extra space the rom seems pretty stable, I'v had no reboots or FC's in a while though I did get them on first boot)

Have you got rid of the T-Mobile custimisations in your ROM?

Guest Blake Loring
Have you got rid of the T-Mobile custimisations in your ROM?

No, this is Paul and BigBears ROM with more space and working WiFi. Bugfixes, no new features. Sorry

Guest feelmychi
No, this is Paul and BigBears ROM with more space and working WiFi. Bugfixes, no new features. Sorry

Where have you found 40mb stuff to clear?! XD

feelmychi