Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paul
Cool! :P

I'll just ask directly: might I please join the Chefs team?

Yes.

:D

Actually, I have a list of everyone who's applied, i'm not currently assigning anyone to the group as i'm setting some new stuff up.

P

Guest DanWilson
This is too exciting. It's like election night, but more relevant. And better.

Election night. Pah! It doesnt matter, we have no say. It's up to the Lib Dems now.

Guest Spooke
I can confirm that it is indeed filling up /system, repacking now...

P

Im gueessing this is good news :P :D

Keep up the work you two :P

Guest Alex III
Bobo, why dont you put some screenshoots of the new Eclair ROM in the first post, ill be glade to se a picture of gallery and music player... :P

Nice idea

Bobo, can we take a look at screenshots? :D

Good news about my Pulse! This is cool site :P

Guest DanWilson
/system in update zip= 107MB

/system in Pulse = 85MB

:P

P

You can do it Paul, if you dont, I'll ruin my Pulse trying. And then, well I dont know...

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Josh04

Just to clarify, where is the extra system space coming from with the new ROM? More limited space for apps? That'd be good, what with apps2sd.

Guest DanWilson
why are you smiling, thats bad! :P

I was thinking that. I think people believe that in 1 minute Paul works his magic, then makes bonus space for us. LOL!

Guest Rem1x
why are you smiling, thats bad! :P

Oh, damn read that the wrong way round. That's what you get for doing more then one thing at once, haha!

Guest DanWilson
Resited and symlinked /system/lib to data, it now fits.

Will post back here as soon as i've built / flashed and booted!

P

How can you do/know all this!?! Its madness! 0.o

I just noticed - Rem1x quoted me in his sig. I'm so proud! Whether said quote is good or bad, however, different story!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Josh04
How can you do/know all this!?! Its madness! 0.o

It's a fun ability of linux to make one folder be a link to another one. What's going on here is /system/lib, which would normally be on the system partition, is being made a link to /data/lib, so we can put the library files on the data partition.

Guest jonathonf
It's a fun ability of linux to make one folder be a link to another one. What's going on here is /system/lib, which would normally be on the system partition, is being made a link to /data/lib, so we can put the library files on the data partition.

I think he was referring to the fact that it took Paul about five minutes to find a workaround fix that works. Which is damned impressive.

Guest DanWilson
I think he was referring to the fact that it took Paul about five minutes to find a workaround fix that works. Which is damned impressive.

I was referring to both - the quick time, and the fact he symlinked it or whatever it is :P

Guest Josh04

It's nice, but it's no help to Bobo and his misaligned partitions :P and it still leaves us without whatever else the UPDATE.APP file does, amongst which could be firmware updates for the radio or some such which might mean we're not able to use it. Probably not, though.