Controlling clock animation in M2D

Guest robertjm

Guest robertjm

Hi all,

I'm currently using thekevster's flotanium. The best of both worlds IMHO!!

Anyways, I was wondering if there is a way to control the clock animation that happens? Frankly, it drives me absolutely nuts when the clock first displays 62 minutes earlier than what it really is, and then flips to the correct time. Mind you I think the flipping is cool, but its just so slow and It would be nice to be able to set it to not "back wind" at all.

Robert

Guest robertjm

Bummer.

I found a patch for fixing that in M2D 2.1 and 2.5, but those apparently don't play nice with the Omnia.

Thanks for responding.

Robert

The developers designed it that way and no one has figured out how to turn it off.

Sorry

Guest tractor101
Bummer.

I found a patch for fixing that in M2D 2.1 and 2.5, but those apparently don't play nice with the Omnia.

Thanks for responding.

Robert

If you know it displays "62 min earlier" before it flips to the right time - you are paying too much attention to it! :) (no offense intended)

Relax, breathe..

;)

Guest thekevster
Bummer.

Thanks for responding.

Robert

if you want to post the patch, i could take a look at it and try to figure out what it does to stop the animation, then i could possibly try to tweak it to work on the omnia. i'm gonna guess that it'll be too difficult though.

Guest robertjm

Thanks Kevin,

Here's the thread over at XDA-DEV. They've got about a half dozen .cab/zip files at the top. Maybe you can figure out what's in common between the two.

Thanks for taking up the challenge!!

Robert

if you want to post the patch, i could take a look at it and try to figure out what it does to stop the animation, then i could possibly try to tweak it to work on the omnia. i'm gonna guess that it'll be too difficult though.

Guest thekevster

none of the cabs can be made to work on m2d 2.0. 2.1 and 2.5 use lua scripting while 2.0 doesnt. thus there are not any image files or exe files or anything like that, only _manila files which i have no experience with. the only way i can think of disabling the animation now is to hack the manila2d.exe file and find the code that controls the animation and edit it. that is WAY beyond my abilities so i'm afraid i cant help you there.