[ROM LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest mogabola

LIQUID_USER are there any more leaks to come or is it really final? Cant belive they leave all these bugs in a final release :)

Guest Recordsman
LIQUID_USER are there any more leaks to come or is it really final? Cant belive they leave all these bugs in a final release :)

liquid E rom is 2.000.58_emea_vfit

thank s Ascanio

Guest matroska

As bugs or very important missings I would put:

-Speech to text API is missing...it is a shame!

-In Power management widget it is possible to activate background data but it is not possible to deactivate it so neither locale sync plugin works.

-Gallery application is quite slow at start

So if liquid e rom has different build I may guess this is not the final rom?

I think these bugs should be fixed since they are quite important (especially the first for me).

Cheers

Matroska

Guest Lord Style
liquid E rom is 2.000.58_emea_vfit

thank s Ascanio

2.000.58_emea_vfit is Donut ROM, no Eclair ROM.

Vodafone Italy is a thief

Guest ©_vito_©

Seems that Data Connection Scheduler From Acer Settings doesn't work. It was set to 10 p.m. local and now at 11 p.m. I still can reach the internet :) ;)

Guest thenext1

What do you mean when you say "SMS is slow"?

Do you mean "keyboard is slow and laggy"?

Does the phone do long pauses after closing apps? and can you "back-back-back-back" to home, without the phone slowly grinding, like in Donut?

The launcher, is it still that stutterish? Heck, in a friend's Hero it is very smooth, and on a powerhouse like the Nexus/Liquid it stutters?

Guest chingy1788
What do you mean when you say "SMS is slow"?

Do you mean "keyboard is slow and laggy"?

Does the phone do long pauses after closing apps? and can you "back-back-back-back" to home, without the phone slowly grinding, like in Donut?

The launcher, is it still that stutterish? Heck, in a friend's Hero it is very smooth, and on a powerhouse like the Nexus/Liquid it stutters?

SMS is slow as in

I open the SMS app

wait about 30 seconds for my SMSs to appear

only happens when you have a large amount of messages

I have 500 (restored from backup) and the problem arises...

hmm with the launcher stuttering...

the app tray would stutter since its 3d in android 2.1 instead of 2d in android 1.6

home screen stutter... not sure, android 2.1 does have more features in the new home screen vs 1.6 (home screen previews, but i think thats about it...)

Edited by chingy1788

Guest thenext1
SMS is slow as in

I open the SMS app

I don't have all these messages...

hmm with the launcher stuttering...

the app tray would stutter since its 3d in android 2.1 instead of 2d in android 1.6

home screen stutter... not sure, android 2.1 does have more features in the new home screen vs 1.6 (home screen previews, but i think thats about it...)

With "launcher" i mean the main menu! It stutters appearing and scrolling...

and if the phone is doing something else it lags very hard.

And with 2.1, you catch the phone while it's doing something else, too many times.

Also try ebuddy, it's next to unusable

EDIT: Even the market is dog slow compared to 1.6

P.s. I'm speaking of 0.016 but I fear this will be the same

Edited by thenext1

Guest chingy1788

Did you free up your memory?

Use a task killer/task manager kill off all apps but the ones you need

without doing this, all the stock acer apps are running in the background taking up most of the memory

before I removed all the acer apps, the phone started with about 30mb free ram, after removing acer apps, the phone would start with about 40mb free, after killing all uneeded apps, the phone has about 100mb free

I also use helix launcher (version 1) it uses a 2d app tray, smoother than the 3d one in the stock acer launcher

Guest thenext1
Did you free up your memory?

Use a task killer/task manager kill off all apps but the ones you need

without doing this, all the stock acer apps are running in the background taking up most of the memory

before I removed all the acer apps, the phone started with about 30mb free ram, after removing acer apps, the phone would start with about 40mb free, after killing all uneeded apps, the phone has about 100mb free

Sure, i use taskiller. I too have 100mb free after killing. But it's not memory related.

With 1.6 you could go back and forth between apps and the notification bar and the phone was all snappy.

Now try that with 2.1. Like, the CPU is allways on its knees.

Guest thenext1
Still the same 5% standby loss as on 1.6

I don't have that loss.

It begins burning battery like that if I use airplane mode.

Guest chingy1788

Not sure what's happening, seems very snappy to me. I'm on it right now, 1.100 that is, fastest 2.1 Rom ever, don't remember 0.016 being laggy. But then I had it installed for only a day.0.008 was laggy .

Guest thenext1

When you flash a .bin with the acer tool, the phone gets totally erased or there are leftovers?

If not, how to erase it without having to root or superboot or recovery?

Not sure what's happening, seems very snappy to me. I'm on it right now, 1.100 that is, fastest 2.1 Rom ever, don't remember 0.016 being laggy. But then I had it installed for only a day.0.008 was laggy .

You are really sure you don't feel the phone is any slower than with Donut???

I shall make a Youtube video to compare...

Guest chingy1788
When you flash a .bin with the acer tool, the phone gets totally erased or there are leftovers?

If not, how to erase it without having to root or superboot or recovery?

You are really sure you don't feel the phone is any slower than with Donut???

I shall make a Youtube video to compare...

Maybe the home screen isn't as smooth, but I'm not getting any slow downs. Maybe I used the beta 2.1 roms for too long. But for me, this Rom is fast.

Guest Oskaar
With 1.6 you could go back and forth between apps and the notification bar and the phone was all snappy.

Now try that with 2.1. Like, the CPU is allways on its knees.

+1. I get sick of these 2.1 roms. I dunno if its just a few of us that are unlucky and have got Liquids with bad compatibility with 2.1 or something. I know this sounds crazy, but even since one of the first ROMs I've been reading about people thinking that it's "snappy" and fully acceptable for a every day use, and I think they all are unstable.

With 2.1 it takes 15-30 seconds (or more) to load sms. (Got around 2000 sms'es, but with 1.6 it takes like 2 seconds MAX). Tried both standard sms app, handcent and AOSP mms, same thing (AOSP a little bit faster I belive).

I also get bad multitasking in 2.1. Or so I belive. If I'm listening to radio, surfing the web and then open google maps or something, it can get painfully slow, and this sometimes affects the keyboard. It's really irritating. This almost never happens with latest 1.6.

I think that I will roll back to 1.6 (again, puuuh). Well, I will keep hoping for a really good 2.1 bin around the corner. Keep em' coming Liquid_user!! I really appreciate it! :)

Guest thenext1
+1. I get sick of these 2.1 roms. I dunno if its just a few of us that are unlucky and have got Liquids with bad compatibility with 2.1 or something. I know this sounds crazy, but even since one of the first ROMs I've been reading about people thinking that it's "snappy" and fully acceptable for a every day use, and I think they all are unstable.

With 2.1 it takes 15-30 seconds (or more) to load sms. (Got around 2000 sms'es, but with 1.6 it takes like 2 seconds MAX). Tried both standard sms app, handcent and AOSP mms, same thing (AOSP a little bit faster I belive).

I also get bad multitasking in 2.1. Or so I belive. If I'm listening to radio, surfing the web and then open google maps or something, it can get painfully slow, and this sometimes affects the keyboard. It's really irritating. This almost never happens with latest 1.6.

I think that I will roll back to 1.6 (again, puuuh). Well, I will keep hoping for a really good 2.1 bin around the corner. Keep em' coming Liquid_user!! I really appreciate it! :)

We should really ask some Nexus users about it...I thinkk it's some sort of debug switch that is still on "debug"

There are some focal zones of lagginess where it gets highly annoying.

* Keyboard ==> takes ages to popup and lags every word or so - and I removed the xt9 keyboard (1.6 = no problem)

* Main menu ==> lags in the seconds when it wants, often pauses and skips whole animations when opening apps (1.6 = no problem)

* Market ==> slow as f*ck everywhere, browsing categories, downloads, takes many times the time to install a "Hello World"-class app (1.6 = no problem, much less lag when installing apps)

* Notification bar ==> it always lags hard, unless I have just closed it (1.6 = much less)

In addition to that, there's a system-wide lagginess when using multiple apps.

Example: last time I went check the mail and I followed a link inside a message (to this forum, actually). When returning to the mail message, the phone was like "I Don't Remember Anything Of The Last 20 Minutes, Have Been I In Coma?" and slowed down to a crawl for the next 20 seconds.

The phone rear gets warm when the phone is not sleeping, even with light use. This means more CPU usage and didn't happen in 1.6.

Am I really within the few "elects" that can sense this? ;)

Guest Oskaar
Am I really within the few "elects" that can sense this? ;)

No, you are not alone :) (But maybe that's clear according to my post above yours :D)

The thing that I find the most surprising is that some people think that the 2.1 roms are very good, and not at all laggy :S

My friend has also got a liquid, it's the same there, really unstable (laggy). It's really wierd.

Guest chingy1788

seriously i havent got this all day

I used to complain about the beta 2.1 roms (0.008 and below, not sure about 0.010 - 0.016) being laggy

After this 1.100 rom, its all quick for me

I compared it to my friends nexus one running stock firmware, I would say similar, maybe if anything, just a little less smooth, perhaps just noticeable

my friend looked at my phone too, said it seems fast, nothing laggy, the only thing she didnt like about it was there was no track ball

from my friends perspective, im known to dislike the acer liquid, 1.6 wasnt satisfying, phone creaks when bent slightly or when buttons pushed, 2.1 was laggy (used to be, on the beta roms)

now, I think its great, i get features and decent performance.

* Keyboard ==> takes ages to popup and lags every word or so - and I removed the xt9 keyboard (1.6 = no problem)

* Main menu ==> lags in the seconds when it wants, often pauses and skips whole animations when opening apps (1.6 = no problem)

* Market ==> slow as f*ck everywhere, browsing categories, downloads, takes many times the time to install a "Hello World"-class app (1.6 = no problem, much less lag when installing apps)

* Notification bar ==> it always lags hard, unless I have just closed it (1.6 = much less)

keyboard - i did install htc keyboard, does not lag for me at all, keyboard pops right up, typing is responsive. on beta roms it wasnt, on beta roms i pressed a key, some times i wait like 5 seconds for the phone to catch up

main menu - dont notice any lad, doesnt take more than a second so far

market - again dont seem to notice lag, the only time i notice lag is when i tried to install 5 -10 apps at once over a 3g connection, similar lag on 1.6 as i remember

notification bar - when there is a notification, the first time i open it it might lag a little for 1/4 sec or something, smooth afterwards

music play back

on beta roms, when i play music and load a web page or view gallery, the music starts cutting out, pausing

on 1.100, it doesnt happen

google earth

on the single day i had 0.016 on, google earth lagged like crazy, on 1.100, it was smooth, running fine

I removed all acer apps, have autokiller running, and set cpu as well. default configs

Edited by chingy1788

Guest Seth Cold

first 2 eclair leaks were really laggy (0.04 and 0.086)... they are becoming really useable, i havent downgraded to donut for a long while.

still i reckon, donut flies in this phone!

Guest thenext1

So i ask another time:

After i flash a bin file, the phone is wiped clean or there may be leftovers?

Can do i wipe the phone without having to flash recovery?

Guest Auxx
SMS is slow as in

I open the SMS app

You should not restore SMS from backup. SMSes are stored in Sqlite database and it looks like structure has changed from previous versions. So your data becomes unindexed and REALLY SLOW. If you know what Sqlite is you can try to properly merge new database with old data from backup and fix indexing by hand - that will help. This is NOT a firmware bug.

The same goes for other backups - database structures are changes, you must NOT restore data from backups for built-in apps.

From my own experience this new ROM eats battery like insane - that must be fixed by Acer.

Guest m106
So i ask another time:

After i flash a bin file, the phone is wiped clean or there may be leftovers?

Yeah, it's cleaned and there are no leftovers!

Can do i wipe the phone without having to flash recovery?

Yes, it should work over Settings->Data Privacy, but why you want do that?

Guest thenext1
Yeah, it's cleaned and there are no leftovers!

Yes, it should work over Settings->Data Privacy, but why you want do that?

Because I'm trying to find a reason for this lagginess that no one else notices.