15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sh4d0w940
I was getting this for a while. What I did was to format my SD Card, wipe, re-flash, then reboot without the SD Card in.

I wasn't using A2SD so I don't know why this made a difference but it did.

It makes a diffrence because Paul moved some things to the SD card due to the lack of space on the phone.

Guest bobbarnes

I appear to have fixed the reboot issues on my phone.

When I wiped the phone i was getting an error 'run wipe dalvik via adb' because I don't use an EXT partition on my sdcard.

so I manually wiped the directory '/data/dalvik-cache' using adb shell and the phone has been fine since then, no reboots sofar.

Guest hadley
It makes a diffrence because Paul moved some things to the SD card due to the lack of space on the phone.

I think Paul moved some things from the /system partition to the /data partition, both of which are on the phone itself and not on the micro-sd card.

The other option would have been to change the relative sizes of the two partitions on the phone, but I think BigBearMDC would not recommend that based on his own experience.

That's my understanding but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Josh04

Facebook integration requires you to add the account in Sync settings, and facebook rejects the pulse as incompatible, so you need to edit build.prop to a model name it does support then try it.

Guest sadie

I installed r3 without any issues not mentioned here. However, when I updated to r4 my Pulse hangs at the android boot screen. I've firstly updated it without a wipe then wiped and tried again but it makes no difference. I even went back to 1.7 and tried but still hapening. Any Ideas? :)

Martin

Guest le_lutin
I can't find a way to use a mp3 as ringtone. :)

Where's it?

Just long click on the mp3 file and choose "set as phone ringtone". Works for me.

Guest Sh4d0w940
I installed r3 without any issues not mentioned here. However, when I updated to r4 my Pulse hangs at the android boot screen. I've firstly updated it without a wipe then wiped and tried again but it makes no difference. I even went back to 1.7 and tried but still hapening. Any Ideas? :)

Martin

You need to wipe first and then flash the rom, don't wipe after flashing the rom or it'll be stuck at boot.

Guest MarcusHenrique
Just long click on the mp3 file and choose "set as phone ringtone". Works for me.

On 1.5 it worked like that for me.

Now if I click it starts playing the song, and if I long-press it takes only this options:

Open, Share, Cut, Copy, Delete, Rename, Details.

Weird =/

Guest Csöpi

any chance to get rid of the

Continuing Internet acces will lead to traffic. Continue
question? Its really annoying. And the mobile dont stay connected if i dont answer:S

Guest sadie
You need to wipe first and then flash the rom, don't wipe after flashing the rom or it'll be stuck at boot.

I know. I wiped and re-flashed.

Guest Stevos
I know. I wiped and re-flashed.

If it boots okay with the SD card removed, you need to repartition it. The current ROM doesn't support ext3 partitions, and hangs on boot if there's one there.

backup all data and NAND backup, copy it off the card or use a fresh card. Partition the card again (eg. swap: 0, ext2: 512, remainder FAT), copy the update.zip onto the card, run a full factory reset / wipe, then run the update from the recovery menu and reboot.

This is what worked for me anyway

Guest sadie
If it boots okay with the SD card removed, you need to repartition it. The current ROM doesn't support ext3 partitions, and hangs on boot if there's one there.

backup all data and NAND backup, copy it off the card or use a fresh card. Partition the card again (eg. swap: 0, ext2: 512, remainder FAT), copy the update.zip onto the card, run a full factory reset / wipe, then run the update from the recovery menu and reboot.

This is what worked for me anyway

Damn that SD Card!! I'll give it another go.

Thanks

Guest TehStiggles

11 hours since install and not one force close since the first boot.

Have about 15 apps installed but not running A2SD as couldn't figure out how to do it lol

Sometimes lags like hell though if running a Live Wallpaper but apart from that seems to be running fine.

Guest hkayacan

I've installed r4 today!

It's more stable then 1.5 for me, except the following:

* settings -> about shows r3 instead of r4

* AutoKiller makes the phone reboot every 5/10 minutes.

* Zeam is working stable, the default home gives me error's (process stopped ...)

* Formatting ext2 on SD, removed the market. After some reboots it was back again.

I guess ap2sd is working, because formatting sdcard makes some applications incomplete (Not using SWAP partition).

Thanks for the great work, its definitely better than 1.5

Ps. Can not find Goggles in market.

Guest le_lutin
I've installed r4 today!

* Zeam is working stable, the default home gives me error's (process stopped ...)

* Formatting ext2 on SD, removed the market. After some reboots it was back again.

I guess ap2sd is working, because formatting sdcard makes some applications incomplete (Not using SWAP partition).

I can't find goggles either. Can't find an apk for it on the net either.

Guest Stevos
I've installed r4 today!

Autokiller shouldn't cause reboots I think - it just adjusts the default android task tolerances and doesn't actually run or kill anything itself. Do the reboots happen regardless of what you do with the phone? I have had a couple of reboots with light use, and suspect it's just that the rom isn't totally stable yet. Anyway, you could try adjusting the autokiller profile to be more/less aggressive to see if it makes a difference?

I also cannot find goggles in the market. I was looking forward to testing it. Maybe it's only listed as compatible with certain devices and the device ID we currently have isn't on there

Guest jmmL
I also cannot find goggles in the market. I was looking forward to testing it. Maybe it's only listed as compatible with certain devices and the device ID we currently have isn't on there

http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/google-goggles-59619.html

It takes its time though! Although this might be just because I can currently only get a GPRS connection (not even EDGE!) and it seems to upload a lot of data.

Guest goce.nakov
On 1.5 it worked like that for me.

Now if I click it starts playing the song, and if I long-press it takes only this options:

Open, Share, Cut, Copy, Delete, Rename, Details.

Weird =/

Open the song in the player, then go to menu/more and there you have "set as" option

Guest MarcusHenrique
Open the song in the player, then go to menu/more and there you have "set as" option

Thank's that's it!

Sometimes the simple things are the hardest to figure out =P

Guest le_lutin
http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/google-goggles-59619.html

It takes its time though! Although this might be just because I can currently only get a GPRS connection (not even EDGE!) and it seems to upload a lot of data.

Thanks for this!

Bizarrely, the apk that you download from brothersoft actually contains the goggles apk, so be sure to extract it from the container before you stick it on your phone.

Guest niko1986

Voice synthesis file installation crashes the phone as it installs to phone memory and some data so sd card. but with a2sd i guess it bugs out. Perhaps it could be added by default to the update?

Edited by niko1986