15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stevos
Thanks for this!

Bizarrely, the apk that you download from brothersoft actually contains the goggles apk, so be sure to extract it from the container before you stick it on your phone.

I'm troubled about this - I know it's a free app (free in cost, not in licensing), but Google should control their apps distribution. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the market, and whether there's an underlying reason that might be affecting other things that might not show up...

odd.

Guest eckengucker1
I'm troubled about this - I know it's a free app (free in cost, not in licensing), but Google should control their apps distribution. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the market, and whether there's an underlying reason that might be affecting other things that might not show up...

odd.

But it's offical and released by google:

http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/#text

Maybe it has something to do with the changed DeviceID and hence the app does not show up

Guest Bigsy

Really hope someone cracks this vibration bug, its the only thing stopping me putting this on as I rely on it most days in work.

Guest DarkBytePH
Surprise!

Fully odex'd R5 online soon... :)

P

Great news. After my Pulse gets fully charged, i will flash it. (Finally submited my diploma thesis so i have a little time till the exams.)

I'm owning MCR 1.7 now, i guess what i need to do is just do a full wipe (including App2SD ext partition) and flash with Amon RA.

After flashing can i still access Amon RA and revert to my nandroid backup, right?

Guest DarkBytePH
So cool!

what new in it?

Vibration?

So the vibration bug is still not solved? ;) Oh my. :)

Edited by DarkBytePH

Guest giryan
Great news. After my Pulse gets fully charged, i will flash it. (Finally submited my diploma thesis so i have a little time till the exams.)

I'm owning MCR 1.7 now, i guess what i need to do is just do a full wipe (including App2SD ext partition) and flash with Amon RA.

After flashing can i still access Amon RA and revert to my nandroid backup, right?

reverting to a nandroid backup will wipe out whatever you installed and put you back to were you were when you backed up.

So probably not what you want to do.

Guest BigBearMDC

Wow, r5, that was fast :)

By the way, for everyone who's interested in a Vanilla ROM:

I'll download the code aurora eclair source tomorrow, and see how it works on the Pulse ;)

Once the Froyo source is out, I'll try to compile and flash it too.

Now that we have the 2.9.29 kernel, this could eventually work :D

Best Regards,

BigBear

Guest hungary
Oh, so the vibration bug is still not solved? ;) Oh my. :)

No. Vibration need a proper driver. (comes with the official update)

Guest DarkBytePH
reverting to a nandroid backup will wipe out whatever you installed and put you back to were you were when you backed up.

So probably not what you want to do.

No, it's good for me. I just need some way to revert to my actual install if i am not pleased with 2.1.

Somewhere earlier readed that after putting on this beta ROM i can't go back to MCR 1.7 with flashing it from the update zip, but looks like this not affects the nandroid backup which obviously holds a whole "ghost image". :)

Guest MarcusHenrique

I'll download the code aurora eclair source tomorrow, and see how it works on the Pulse ;)

Best Regards,

BigBear

Vanilla Version would be great... alot faster for sure :(

Guest bindi

Best Regards,

BigBear

Bobo, it may need 2.9.32 kernel...See this post! We will end up in the similar situation with kernel again.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...om/308397/whoa/

Guest MarcusHenrique

That's not true. Vibration works for me

Guest DarkBytePH

I'm a bit surprised that this kind of functionality is still not included in this lately leaked ROM, which i guess is not so far from the final version in functionality.