15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

No, I assume the 'real update' flashes some firmware as part of it's update which breaks older ROMs, as such, there might not be much we can do, but i'll have a snoop around and see what I can find. When I have time. :)

P

Guest hungary
Is there a performance gain because of the odexing or the rebuilding ?

No, same performance BUT: no more "a.core" stop and more free space available! Overall is much more faster!

Edited by hungary

Guest eckengucker1
No, I assume the 'real update' flashes some firmware as part of it's update which breaks older ROMs, as such, there might not be much we can do, but i'll have a snoop around and see what I can find. When I have time. :)

P

would be nice. thanks ;)

/// Did full wipe?

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest hungary
I can't install from the Market in this version too. It's stop az "Starting download..." point :)

In Settings>Application>Debug turn off the "USB..." tool. And restart.

Guest Watt25
No, same performance BUT: no more "a.core" stop and more free space available! Overall is much more faster!

And what about random restarts?

Ez az, ami még visszatart az update-től.

Guest BigBearMDC
Nope. As far as we know we'll never get it.

If the Pulse suports MT in hardware (I'm sure Huawei modified somthing related to the touchscreen, as mine isn't working if I use the older MCR kernels) I will not give up until MT is working.

I'm pretty sure we will get dualtouch on our Pulse, it's just a matter of time ;)

But the stock Eclair update doesn't support multitouch :D

What I find really weird is that the new kernel is working fine with the normal Pulses (without the original Eclair update) but the older kernels aren't working with my Pulse :)

Best Regards,

BigBear

Guest eckengucker1
If the Pulse suports MT in hardware (I'm sure Huawei modified somthing related to the touchscreen, as mine isn't working if I use the older MCR kernels) I will not give up until MT is working.

I'm pretty sure we will get dualtouch on our Pulse, it's just a matter of time ;)

But the stock Eclair update doesn't support multitouch :(

What I find really weird is that the new kernel is working fine with the normal Pulses (without the original Eclair update) but the older kernels aren't working with my Pulse :)

Best Regards,

BigBear

your phone is a damn crackwhore now, too often badword :D

Guest ndot

P

Would be greatly appreciated.

Guest BigBearMDC
your phone is a damn crackwhore now, too often badword ;)

:D

I wonder when my NAND chip will die ... I reflashed it now a few times every day :)

Guest Rem1x
:D

I wonder when my NAND chip will die ... I reflashed it now a few times every day ;)

Flashed mine about 20 times in one day?

The things I did to get themes :)

Guest DarkBytePH
Please note the initial boot takes a LONG time!

How much long? :) I've just did the flashing but the Android logo after 3mins still doesn't move. Is that bad?

Guest eckengucker1
;)

I wonder when my NAND chip will die ... I reflashed it now a few times every day :)

einfach neuen reinlöten ^^

Guest Evil Disco Guy

And just had my first reboot trying to answer a phone call. Other than that, no acore errors or keyboard hangs. I did get a few "force close com android.inputmethod.voice" on first load but none afterwards. Looking positive.

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hi i think i know why contacts isnt on. When opening up the r5 rom, there is contacts.odex file but not the original ive put it in mine now but not sure how to sign it. If i do sign it ill post it. Or maybe Paul can easily do it :)

Dan