15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hungary
wiped OK

flash Ok

boot: not ok - freez android logo

what's the problem?

Go back to r5. Before flash do a wipe, dalvik wipe, sd card format with windows. For me this working.

Guest sopdu

ok i hope this is the answer for all with booting problem

after installing, and before you press to reboot, take out the sd-card. And then booting, an now its working fine at my Pulse

Guest marcox1987

Ohhh holly sh..t! that's it working!:)

thx the tipp!

but five force close message on screen.....

turn off and take the micro SD card out.

then turn back on. it should now go past the android logo.

put your micro SD card back in after the android logo has disappeared.

this worked for me ;)

I have no problem installing the r6 rom, but after I get all acore process force close's & reboots every 30minutes or so. This is before installing any apps...tried clearing whole desktop but still have these issues.

Guest jayasimha

Guys, everything is fine... but v r missing 3g video call feature.. paul, could you please work on videocalling option

Guest marcox1987

my phone is not starting. freezing android logo

Well, vibration is working, but I can not move my partition, it says "No space left on device". Somethings is weird though...

Guest screwface
Guys, everything is fine... but v r missing 3g video call feature.. paul, could you please work on videocalling option

video calling isn't built into android..

Guest Azurren

OMG only one force close at the start and now it is working perfectly! No freezes no slow Downs just pure android goodness!

Rev6 really has improved this rom I may just keep this on my phone!

I love you Paul and bobo!

(LOL write bobo on the stock 2.1 keyboard and it corrects to "nobody" :))

Guest Stevos
ok i hope this is the answer for all with booting problem

after installing, and before you press to reboot, take out the sd-card. And then booting, an now its working fine at my Pulse

After a dozen wipes, repartitions, installs and NAND restores, I can confirm that this seems to be the only way to get r6 to boot. I've tried flashing back to 1.7 MCR then reinstalling, repartitioning, wiping and everything that worked with previous versions, with it always hanging at the android boot logo.

Removing the SD card allows the device to boot correctly using the a2sd+ r6 rom. Possibly as a result of this ( ie. the ext2 partition not being available during boot), it's missing quickboot, and possibly other things ( ? )

Does anyone see this with the apps2sd+ r6? Different result with the non apps2sd+ version?

Guest Alex III

Thanks for rapid updates and problem solving!

As I know, in Android Eclair there is enabled function to use phone modem via bluetooth to let browse Internet from PC. Whether someone tested this feature?

Edited by Alex III

Guest robertopero

If I use Zeam I have got about 35 MB free memory, with the default home I've got 47 MB. It is very intresting... But I think someting isn't okay with Zeam, because stop many times with force close.

Guest Stevos
After a dozen wipes, repartitions, installs and NAND restores, I can confirm that this seems to be the only way to get r6 to boot. I've tried flashing back to 1.7 MCR then reinstalling, repartitioning, wiping and everything that worked with previous versions, with it always hanging at the android boot logo.

Removing the SD card allows the device to boot correctly using the a2sd+ r6 rom. Possibly as a result of this ( ie. the ext2 partition not being available during boot), it's missing quickboot, and possibly other things ( ? )

Does anyone see this with the apps2sd+ r6? Different result with the non apps2sd+ version?

Okay, well with the non apps2sd+ version it installs and boots fine. I wonder if everyone with this problem is using the apps2sd+...

Guest RavemasterX

Right, well I'm going to try and restore my old MCR 1.7 install for now- I got R6 working, but not very well (unstable, couldn't get it to boot with an EXT partition, so no Apps2SD). However, have gone ad-free in anticipation of a sorted ROM+Kitchen appearing some time. Cheers! :)

Guest screwface

I bet you've all done something wrong.

I'm gona install R6 A2SD now without pulling out my SD card.

Will report back if it's worked or not.

Guest mtoloko

i've installed r6 without pullout my sdcard and don't boot, everytime in Android Screen. Pullout sdcard and reboot and it's OK! About A2SD, what i need to use this, to move my apps to sd !?

Guest dodge-167

r6 Bugs..

1. android.process.acore Force close close on the begining.

2. Vibration doesnt working.

3. Market is pretty slow.

4. Another android.process Force close.

5. If you need to restart your phone, you need again to move SD card, and all apps will disapeare, and Market, and all widgets on homescreen (really, really bad...)

6. When im trying to download from Market it just says "downloading".

And thats all for now, ill update later if i have some new bugs.

Edited by dodge-167

Guest mr.a
R6 is the best version so far, with zeam and autokiller it's even faster than 1.5 stock!

How did you get it to work.

what were the steps that you took for flashing this.

i have reflashed r6 many times but just keeps hanging

at the android logo

Guest Stevos

at the android logo

Pulling out the SD card worked for me (to allow it to boot), but it's not a real solution, and messes up the apps.

Maybe try the non apps2sd+ version - that worked fine for me when I had those symptoms.

Guest dodge-167

at the android logo

Move out the Micro SD card, and when is android screen over just put it back....

Guest kxysieg
OMG only one force close at the start and now it is working perfectly! No freezes no slow Downs just pure android goodness!

Rev6 really has improved this rom I may just keep this on my phone!

I love you Paul and bobo!

(LOL write bobo on the stock 2.1 keyboard and it corrects to "nobody" :))

Witch R6 you use?

Guest MarcusHenrique

at the android logo

First time: r4 -> wipe -> r6 = freeze boot

Second: nandroid r4 -> wipe -> nandroid 1.5 -> wipe -> flash r6 -> remove sd = success

Hope it helps