15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sh4d0w940

I edited the r6 rom from Bobo and Paul, it has some apps like exchange removed and A2SD+ is working now without having to pull out the SD card.

Would it be helpfull if I shared this rom?

*edit* More important: Paul or Bobo, would you mind if i shared it?

Because you made the rom available and improved it.

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest ogiogi

So i formatted the SD card. Made a new EXT partition. Flashed r6 A2SD+. Did adb shell mkdir /system/sd. Now it runs better than 1.5 :)

Guest MarcusHenrique
So i formatted the SD card. Made a new EXT partition. Flashed r6 A2SD+. Did adb shell mkdir /system/sd. Now it runs better than 1.5 :)

Told ya ;)

Guest robot1000

For amateurs like me, how did you do that? (I've got a PC)

Guest Bakes
I seriously doubt that's true. Why would a T-Mobile rom meant to run better in a Non-T-Mobile phone?

I believe it's all a matter of right steps and a bit of luck.

The U8220-6 has newer hardware that could well be closer to the Pulse Mini's than the original U8220, aka T-Mobile Pulse.

This would account for why most u8220-6 users seem to be able to get everything working whilst most T-Mobile Pulse users lose the vibrate functionality.

Guest MarcusHenrique
The U8220-6 has newer hardware that could well be closer to the Pulse Mini's than the original U8220, aka T-Mobile Pulse.

This would account for why most u8220-6 users seem to be able to get everything working whilst most T-Mobile Pulse users lose the vibrate functionality.

Again, this is not a port from pulse mini's rom. This is the actual T-Mobile Pulse rom, but a BETA one. That's why none of this make sense.

Guest igor_anta
Anyone tried if louder volume hack still works?

I tried it and it installed without an problems. I also applied the V2r2 and Headset files and it seems that it works just like it should, no problems whatsoever. Again it may just be a placebo effect but at least there are no complications if you decide to try for yourself. Cheers.

Guest le_lutin
Again, this is not a port from pulse mini's rom. This is the actual T-Mobile Pulse rom, but a BETA one. That's why none of this make sense.

He know's that this is not a port, that's not what he is suggesting. He is suggesting that the u8820-6 actually has slightly different hardware compared to the Pulse and that it's hardware might be close to the hardware on the mini (for the vibrate anyway).

Guest ernadko

I`m wondering if BoBo can write one article, how he compile android source code and then flash phone with compiled image :)

Guest mtoloko
Aw, crap, i'm always forgetting /system/sd. lol! Will fix and upload a new version, hah!

P

Paul, need only create /system/sd !? Or need do more things ?

Guest starkos

Is APP2SD actually working for anyone? I understand that creating /system/sd enables the phone to boot, but is it working?

It appears not to be for me, as the directory remains empty, & the available space in /data/app goes down.

Can somebody please explain to me how to create the symlink (think that's what it's called?) between data/app and system/sd/app?

Edited by starkos

Guest eckengucker1
Aw, crap, i'm always forgetting /system/sd. lol! Will fix and upload a new version, hah!

P

Isn't the only problem to fix ;)

BTW: Can you pin the tutorial I made? It's maybe helpful 4 outsiders.

I would it really appreciate :)

Cheers

Guest Sh4d0w940

P

Could you please try to fix the vibrate problem too, I don't want to ask to much but that's the only real problem we have now.

Except that the rom is working great.

Guest ogiogi

Turning sync off maybe fixed the market problems for me. Seems to work fine now.

EDIT: Doesn't work anymore :) . Just a coincidence i guess.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest mr.a
Is APP2SD actually working for anyone? I understand that creating /system/sd enables the phone to boot, but is it working?

It appears not to be for me, as the directory remains empty, & the available space in /data/app goes down.

Can somebody please explain to me how to create the symlink (think that's what it's called?) between data/app and system/sd/app?

Yes A2SD is working. using root explorer i can see that all the apps that i have installed

are actually in that directory. also apps such as roadsync and documents to go are in there.

hope this helps :)

Guest starkos
Yes A2SD is working. using root explorer i can see that all the apps that i have installed

are actually in that directory. also apps such as roadsync and documents to go are in there.

hope this helps :)

Cheers, I must've done something stupid then lol

Guest geHuC

Did anyone fine a fix for the bootup issue ? Because i tried everything, wiped the phone/devlink/sd card ever wiped the screen with a clean cloth :) but still every time ti phone tries to boot up with the sd still in i get to android logo and it can stay there for hours.... ;(

Guest Sh4d0w940
Did anyone fine a fix for the bootup issue ? Because i tried everything, wiped the phone/devlink/sd card ever wiped the screen with a clean cloth ;) but still every time ti phone tries to boot up with the sd still in i get to android logo and it can stay there for hours.... ;(

Make the sd folder in system or wait for Paul to fix it.

You could also use this rom:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tw2geyjwyzj

It is the rom from Paul and Bobo but with sd folder, it also has some apps and ssh removed so it will be faster i hope :)

Ps. To Paul and/or Bobo: If you don't like me uploading this rom please remove it or tell me so i can remove it.

(no apps have been added, just an sd folder with placeholder and some apps have been removed)

Guest petim

Paul,

could you whrite in the new rom the contacts and the dialer to run all the time?

(In the 1.7MCR the contacts and the phone manager always stopped themselves, and need 2-5 sec to start again. That is my only problem with my pulse, waiting for seconds to open the call log and the contacts list).

Thank you in advance :-)

Guest geHuC
Make the sd folder in system or wait for Paul to fix it.

You could also use this rom:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tw2geyjwyzj

It is the rom from Paul and Bobo but with sd folder, it also has some apps and ssh removed so it will be faster i hope :(

Ps. To Paul and/or Bobo: If you don't like me uploading this rom please remove it or tell me so i can remove it.

(no apps have been added, just an sd folder with placeholder and some apps have been removed)

Thx a lot ;) no problem now :D

BTW does anyone else feel that the screen is more responsive ? now i don't have problem registering touch when i'm not touching the phone :)