15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest starkos
the "init.qcom.sh" shell script that runs on startup seems to change runtime kernel parameters (such as CPU throttling), however, the shell script checks for "U8220", "U8226" or "U8230" in the "build.prop". As it was set to "Pulse", it means that these tweaks weren't applied, and therefore could be causing the CPU/RAM usage problems.

Ahh okay, thanx a lot for explaining that, and good find to the original poster :)

Guest JingleManSweep
Ahh okay, thanx a lot for explaining that, and good find to the original poster :)

No probs. I went back to 1.5 on Friday, so am just flashing my phone now to see if this helps.

Guest Gyurmaschine

Ive made a quick video how my pulse performs with this rom with Helix Launcher and Autokiller. Its faster than my gf's pulse, she has 1.7mcr on it. Ive deleted all languages and some other apps too..

Guest dadme
Need a bit of help.I've put this on but i'm having problems going back to 1.7.

If I go into recovery and try to use nandroid it just says "error: run 'nandroid-mobile.shrestore' via adb". And I can't use quickboot from the 2.1 beta as it just goes to the superuser permission screen and then gives me an error.

Any ideas what to do?I don't want to reflash 1.7 if possible as i'll lose some things.

*edit* got it sorted.

Anybody know why it superuser won't work?I know it's a beta but it's worked before when i've put this 2.1 on(i've put it on a few times!)?

It's look like you have problems with ext partition. Have you formated or removed this partition?

Guest xarxiusxiii
I cannot edit my "build.props" using Root Explorer as the "SU Request" screen is blank?

Do you have USB Debugging enabled?

Guest JingleManSweep
Do you have USB Debugging enabled?

Tried it with USB Debugging enabled and disabled. I've managed to change the "build.prop" file using ADB and VI.

Guest Rizzly
Tried it with USB Debugging enabled and disabled. I've managed to change the "build.prop" file using ADB and VI.

Might it be that you've restored your system via a nandroid backup? Apparently this stops root from working...

Guest JingleManSweep
Might it be that you've restored your system via a nandroid backup? Apparently this stops root from working...

Nope, a fresh flash of 2.1 R6.1 (after a full system, dalvik wipe and repartitioning of SD card)

Guest whackster

Just wiped, nandroid, wipe again, repartition and then flashed r6.1-2.1-pulse-a2sd+-signed and I still can't boot.

Paul did you change the location of the a2sd dir or is it still /system/sd because its not there...

Ok, made /system/sd and now its booting :)

Edited by whackster

Guest JingleManSweep

I'm now using 2.1 r6.1 (without Apps2SD) with the change made to "build.prop" and no reboot or force close for at least 15 minutes now. Seems to have improved stability on my Pulse. I'll keep you all informed.

Guest zerosignull
Settings in "init.qcom.sh" 2.1 are exactly the same as 1.5

"U8220" | "U8226" | "U8230")

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 76 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 60 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/down_threshold

echo 200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

;;[/codebox]

But I've found the error:

The "ro.product.device=Pulse" in "System/build.prop" is wrong. Of cause it should be "ro.product.device=[b]U8220".[/b]

That's "why init.qcom.sh" gets a wrong input (or how ever programmers call that :))

Maybe that causes the vib-probs too?

Solution:

Change the line using "root explorer" on your live-system and reboot or edit build.prop befor you flash it (extract boot.img=>unpack ram-disk (http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images))

tschüss

Have applied this in my ROM and set cpu is showing more levels of throttling. think this may solve alot of issues we are having!

Guest evrCT

Still find no vibrate.

thx to bigbear and paul. but when huawei will release the rom it'd promised.........

I'm really pissed off!

Guest JingleManSweep

My phone (with modified build.prop) has been up for about 1 hour now with zero FC's or reboots. Definitely miles more stable than previously.

Guest sopdu
My phone (with modified build.prop) has been up for about 1 hour now with zero FC's or reboots. Definitely miles more stable than previously.

me too, and no "android.process.acore" errors, hope it´s gettinger better

Guest JingleManSweep
me too, and no "android.process.acore" errors, hope it´s gettinger better

Great news. I couldn't get the 2.1 r6.1 (with Apps2SD) to boot, regardless of my partitioning and I even checked the "/system/sd" path existed via ADB. But, I'm happy enough with 2.1 (minus Apps2SD) for the next few days, until something more reliable is available.

Guest eckengucker1
can someone upload a changed build.prop included rom?

THX

search forum

BTW: I'll upload soon a t-mob launcher with a correct linked buttombuttonbar (tongue twister^^)

Guest goce.nakov

Changed device name to U8220 with root explorer but im still having force close at startup and voice search force close....

Anything else there is I should change?

Guest Lentz-it

Using the build but my microphone is not working at time..disabling "compatibilty mode" did not fix the built in filemanager for me...it crashes when trying to access the SD card so does Astro. When using data network the phone freeze often and reboots.

Did try both version but the Apps2Sd does not boot at all.

THX

Edited by Lentz-it

Guest Swiftes

Take it back, I wiped, and reinstalled, seems to work perfect now, except from Vibrate. Not a big fan of the T-Mobile music player though, seems slower than the default one. Nevertheless, I intend to experience all of these and see which I like best :)

Guest robertopero
Anybody tried successfully to do tethering with 2.1?

(With Cupcake it was seamless, now it does not seem to work)

I think it will be only work with android 2.2 but fix me if I'm wrong.