15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MrJoshua

Thanks for all the hard work on this, but after an hour of many random reboots I had to restore my 1.5 image.

The vanilla 2.1 build did the same thing too.

I can't wait for the final release though... 2.1 sure looks nice!

Guest MrTofu

Just flashed my U8220-6, everything works fine. A lot of acore hang ups though. But it certainly is much slower than 1.5

Does anyone know about the technicalitys involving froyo's speed bump? Meaning, is it a speed bump possible in our humble 8220?

Greetings, keep up the good work.

Guest makmondeja

First, Thanks to Paul and BigBear for all the effort. Now, I've installed the update, witouth A2SD and I'm getting some process kills and reboots. Until now I can live with that, and in 1.5 I had the process kills also.

Mine it's a Huawei U8220-6 and the only real issues that I'm having it's that vibration don't work (someone said that it worked in 8220-6, in mine isn't) and that in the homescreen, if I tap the Contacts button it goes to the Android Menu, if I tap the menu and Messages button, it goes to the Contacts and if I tap the screens bird view button it goes to the Messages.

Anyone else it's having these issues with the fixed menu buttons in T-Mobile software version?? It's there a fix??

Guest makmondeja

First, Thanks to Paul and BigBear for all the effort. Now, I've installed the update, witouth A2SD and I'm getting some process kills and reboots. Until now I can live with that, and in 1.5 I had the process kills also.

Mine it's a Huawei U8220-6 and the only real issues that I'm having it's that vibration don't work (someone said that it worked in 8220-6, in mine isn't) and that in the homescreen, if I tap the Contacts button it goes to the Android Menu, if I tap the menu and Messages button, it goes to the Contacts and if I tap the screens bird view button it goes to the Messages.

Anyone else it's having these issues with the fixed menu buttons in T-Mobile software version?? It's there a fix??

Guest Trebor Rude
App2SD wont work with r6.1, cant install ROM with it.

Without App2SD works fine.

In settings information shows BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r5

Is this correct?

There was 2 update after r5 (r6, r6.1) and nobody was changed this information, or there is a wrong ROM called r6.1?

Was looked in .zip and there is no /system/sd folder in r6.1 ROM, in build.prop the ro.build.display variable shows r5, so i think that wrong ROM was linked as r6.1 :rolleyes: its an r5 ROM :D

I had the same experience: downloaded what I thought was 6.1, see r5 in ro.build.display, didn't have a /system/sd in the update.zip file. However, my Contacts application seems to work fine (r6 claims to have "fixed" the Contacts app). So, I'm not quite sure what I've got.

Guest igor_anta

So Paul, what about the new version we're all eagerly waiting for? :rolleyes: You know the rebuilt, stable one with JIT enabled and OpenGL drivers... you know the one, right? So after all the hoopla settles over the hope for 2.2 (we might never even get 2.1 officially the way things are going) the focus will shift back to 2.1, and we need newer version of the ROM. The vanillaish ROM that has been posted on the 2.1 vanilla thread seems to be the most stable one so far, and the speed is satisfactory.

Help us Paul O'Brien.. you're our only hope:)))

Edited by igor_anta

Guest thisweb
So Paul, what about the new version we're all eagerly waiting for? :rolleyes: You know the rebuilt, stable one with JIT enabled and OpenGL drivers... you know the one, right? So after all the hoopla settles over the hope for 2.2 (we might never even get 2.1 officially the way things are going) the focus will shift back to 2.1, and we need newer version of the ROM. The vanillaish ROM that has been posted on the 2.1 vanilla thread seems to be the most stable one so far, and the speed is satisfactory.

Help us Paul O'Brien.. you're our only hope:)))

It would be very nice indeed if you could improve things in this rom paul/bobo. Or is it impossible to improve/stabilise it now given the memory issue?

Guest ogiogi

Back to 1.5 for few days now. I really miss the "Eclair" :D. Any updates in the near future? Paul? :rolleyes: :(

Edited by ogiogi

Guest ZOWIEP

Hi I was wondering whether you'd be able to help me, I want to put this update on my T mobile pulse but have no clue as to how to do it or where to start. I've just downloaded the A2SD version. Please help! Thanks

Guest bandita81
Hi I was wondering whether you'd be able to help me, I want to put this update on my T mobile pulse but have no clue as to how to do it or where to start. I've just downloaded the A2SD version. Please help! Thanks

I used this thread as help , and was totally useable :

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-with-pictures/

U have to have Superboot, AmonRa recovery, and nandroid, but all are here (swhere) within the T-mobile pulse thread.

GL.

Edited by bandita81

Guest not so humble german

I went back to 1.7 16h ago. The phone started to act up, constantly rebooting. Became completely unusable. Too bad. 2.1 really looked and felt good.

Guest Simon O
I went back to 1.7 16h ago. The phone started to act up, constantly rebooting. Became completely unusable. Too bad. 2.1 really looked and felt good.

Same issue here. As the battery got low, the phone just got more and more unstable.

Guest ZOWIEP

Got the 2.1 on my device after about 2 hours of trying (but then again I am rubbish at computing for the mostpart) - excellent, some pop ups that cancel action but can put up with this considering that T mobile and HUwaeii or whatever are awful at actually releasing a decent platform on time - thanks to the creator you have made me happy!

One thing though, my keyboard doesn't vibrate when I text - it didn't using cupcake either - is this norm on the Pulse? and if it is, is there anyway I can make it vibrate, as I prefer that function on my other touch screen phone. thanks!

Guest gusthy
Ok got SetCPU installed. Anybody got any suggestions on settings for this which will prevent the instability with battery?

I ibstalled, set pulse preset, changed min speed to 245 mhz (max 528, ondemand governor, no profiles), and i have 3 hours uptime now. before doing that it rebooted every 20 mins.

it would be nice to incorporate the things it sets un kernel to a new rom.

Guest Simon O
I ibstalled, set pulse preset, changed min speed to 245 mhz (max 528, ondemand governor, no profiles), and i have 3 hours uptime now. before doing that it rebooted every 20 mins.

it would be nice to incorporate the things it sets un kernel to a new rom.

Did that, was running fine for a while on charge then whilst installing apps from the market the phone rebooted and now it android.process.acore crashes constantly on boot.

It's annoying. I get an almost stable phone going then something just randomly happens and I'm back to unstable :rolleyes:

Guest goce.nakov
Did that, was running fine for a while on charge then whilst installing apps from the market the phone rebooted and now it android.process.acore crashes constantly on boot.

It's annoying. I get an almost stable phone going then something just randomly happens and I'm back to unstable :rolleyes:

Install Starkos Vanilla signed ROM its most stable 2.1 out here.

Guest gusthy

btw it seems that after a random reboot occurs it is worth to do a power off (not a quickboot reboot). but maybe it is placebo

edit: did you upgrade Market download provider?

Edited by gusthy

Guest Simon O
btw it seems that after a random reboot occurs it is worth to do a power off (not a quickboot reboot). but maybe it is placebo

edit: did you upgrade Market download provider?

I'm using the vanilla 2.1 r7 with jit disabled. No other changes made.

Guest gusthy
I'm using the vanilla 2.1 r7 with jit disabled. No other changes made.

it contains market update.

my current "best of" is

- starkos vanilla rom

- DownloadProvider updated from G1

- SetCPU configired as above

starkos rom is way more stable than anything else

Guest Dr Who
it contains market update.

my current "best of" is

- starkos vanilla rom

- DownloadProvider updated from G1

- SetCPU configired as above

starkos rom is way more stable than anything else

Care to create a new thread with guide on how to install this particular configuration from MCR ROM? Are you using the ADW launcher? Any modified framework.res?