new "BING " app

Guest Shemmy
I am going to try and uninstall it again and reinstall it. Are there any log files or anything that I should delete after uninstall?

I always use SK tools to clear out the registry and the like whenever I install/uninstall software.

Guest jpenman

Mine says beta under bing as well...hmm....another reason it may suck is because the omnia sucks at gps....horrible dont know why it cant be like the htc phones or iphone where it pics up gps instantly instead it takes so long to find your location i mean if you get lost and really quickly need to find out where you are going then you cant count on this phone lol oh well

Guest Omega Ra

Got it working. I uninstalled it and deleted all the folders then reinstalled it. Still says beta under bing, but the navigation works. Before after I set my destination and such it always said directions and VZNavigator, now it just say navigate instead of VZ navigator and it works fine :)

Guest kdkinc
Mine says beta under bing as well...hmm....another reason it may suck is because the omnia sucks at gps....horrible dont know why it cant be like the htc phones or iphone where it pics up gps instantly instead it takes so long to find your location i mean if you get lost and really quickly need to find out where you are going then you cant count on this phone lol oh well

Hey I just got this cab from m.bing.com doesn't have the beta marking version still the same. Menu seem different .located me in 20 seconds

Bing.cab

:) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Omega Ra
Hey I just got this cab from m.bing.com doesn't have the beta marking version still the same. Menu seem different .located me in 20 seconds

Bing.cab

on first load up the beta isn't there for me, just the subsequent ones

Guest kdkinc
on first load up the beta isn't there for me, just the subsequent ones

I started it twice did not see beta again. Doing a flash now will see in morning what it does..

Guest Omega Ra

the only issue I see with the navigation is the random crash of bing...it runs okay for a couple minutes then closes.

Guest Snow02
the only issue I see with the navigation is the random crash of bing...it runs okay for a couple minutes then closes.

Check your available memory after choosing a route.

Guest Omega Ra

that could be the problem, running throttle launcher with the WP7 theme and only have like 38% free RAM

Guest amdzero

I have version 5.1.2010.5040 installed in my latest rom. The crash was a concern so I restarted and tried again with 73MB available ram before running Bing. Crashed occured within 5 minutes. Maybe that is why it still puts "beta" under bing?

Guest Snow02

I would still bet there's a conflict. Ram is more than likely you're issue Omega. I loaded a route, checked memory before, after, then after closing. Bing was tying up 20 MB. And you know how cranky WM gets under 15-20 MBs. You do have Chainfire's autoclose patch I assume?

Guest Omega Ra
I would still bet there's a conflict. Ram is more than likely you're issue Omega. I loaded a route, checked memory before, after, then after closing. Bing was tying up 20 MB. And you know how cranky WM gets under 15-20 MBs. You do have Chainfire's autoclose patch I assume?

don't know about the auto close, I am using yardi's ROM. if he puts it in then I have it, but I make sure everything is closed and run clean ram a couple times a day usually.

• 2 weeks later...