Mame emulator for Pocket PC source code can anyone port ????

Guest watek

Guest schriss

Getting it to work on a 300MHz Mio8390 would be interesting... :D

But I can't make that imame work, says it's not for my device :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamma14

By the way people spacemonkey's last post on this was over a year ago and he hasn't updated any of his other emulators lately so I wouldn't hold up much hope...

Guest schriss

Yes, that's why I downloaded eMbedded C++ and iMAME source and tried to compile, but no luck, too much warnings and errors and I'm not a developer so couldn't do much about that. Maybe someone else with more knowledge try to compile this?

Guest rahduke

i dont know how but at least i dont pretend like i do announce some "progress" then never post again even though im on the board all the time

Guest StevanL

Hey watek, what's the current state of affairs with this ? When you said you got it to work with no controls, what did you do exactly ?

Did you compile it for smartphone, or just install the pocket pc version ?

I can't believe no-one has ported this yet ? Has anyone got a technical overview of what the problem is ? May have a crack at this after I come back from holiday :P I'm not familiar with the mame source code but have been a win32 Developer for a good 10 years now so it can't be that hard :roll:

Who wants to steer me in the right direction / help me out ?

(will be using Embedded VC++ 3)

Guest midnight
its obvious spacemonkey simply doesnt have the talent to make this work its just another case of all talk no action

you obviously dont know spacemonkey at all if you dont think he has the talent to make this work. Respect your fellow members, especially those who are waaaay more talented than you.

Guest schriss

StevanL:

all here: http://www.mameworld.net/imame/

Readme says:

Sources:

Unpack the "MameXXsrc.zip" file into your "imamesrc" directory.

Unpack the "MameXXceXXXsrc.zip" file into your "imamesrc" directory.

In your "imamesrc" directory, unpack the zlib sources (zlib113.zip) into a

directory "zlib", i.e. "imamesrc/zlib".

The .dsw .dsp files build Mame for the desktop if you have Visual C++ 6.0.

The .vcp and .vcw files build iMame using eMbedded Visual C++ from Microsoft.

Be sure to install the GAPI package with your tools....the eVC++ installer

does not do this for you!

There are instructions with the GAPI development files on how to install them.

Please excuse the mess in the sources...it is a work in progress.

So I tried to compile, and I failed :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest agent.m
its obvious spacemonkey simply doesnt have the talent to make this work its just another case of all talk no action

I dont think he's gonna come out of retirement with comments like that :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StevanL

Sorry, just got back from holiday on saturday :roll: Had a quick crack at compiling it and you guessed it - it doesn't compile out of the tin :P

Initial problems seem to centre around ANSI/UNICODE string handling.

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea why the symbol "_MAC" is defined for the two projects ?

I'll post back when I get a chance to have a proper look at this

• 1 month later...

Any news...........It looks like this Mame Project is dead, on the SPV.

It would have been good, looks like all mame fans will have to hang up SPVs and dig out a nokia, to play mame.

Retro..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PrettyUgly

im looking for an arcade emulator to be able to emulate games up to the late 80's early 90's. asteroids, centipede, etc have various clones that are available already. the golden age of arcade gaming to me was games like double dragon, outrun, afterburner, ninja gaiden, final fight, etc... i dont know how hard it is to emulate that hardware. i succumbed and got an mpx 220 against by better judgement, and this thing rocks BIG TIME. i know its powerful enough to run a game of the original streetfighter

• 7 months later...
Guest lilkraz3nik

So ive been reading around some say mame isnt possible some say it is. It should be possible since there is one for symbian (emame) and it seems to have decent compatibility (1231 games). Anyone make progress yet for smartphone?

Edited by lilkraz3nik

Guest djfuego

Well I can't see why it's not possible to emulate some Mame games but really simple ones. I should think that the old Raine emulator could run at full speed as I remember running it on my P90 without any problems years ago. I'm not really interested in vector games, the better the visuals the more likely it is to Pee off your m8 boasting that his phones better etc..

That's all this is down too.. Status.

Guest Mehka

I hope someone will start working on one. I dont think the community wants to see more poker or arkanoid type of games, I hope the programmers will see that too.