Daskalos Giorgio Armani ROM for B7610

Guest daskalos

Guest tammy89
I have a little problem with camera. When i try to On it, there is a info- "Please update camera firmware", after pressed OK, camera switch off. Any idea?

Chk post #15..

Guest puga74

Bro Daskalos, tried this rom and been playing with it last night. Its faster than my original rom that came with my phone. Things that I have observed though are (only flashed PDA part)

1. Stream Player doesn't work for me. It opens that closes suddenly.

2. Microsoft Sharepoint Mobile doesn't work at all

3. The locksreen control on the system settings is from winmo 6.1?

Do you also have this issues?

Guest daskalos
Bro Daskalos, tried this rom and been playing with it last night. Its faster than my original rom that came with my phone. Things that I have observed though are (only flashed PDA part)

1. Stream Player doesn't work for me. It opens that closes suddenly.

2. Microsoft Sharepoint Mobile doesn't work at all

3. The locksreen control on the system settings is from winmo 6.1?

Do you also have this issues?

1. Just install the Stream Player cab from the 23549 collection

2. Yep. I think it's compatible with 6.5.x only. I got the Office Apps from 6.5.5

3. Yep and it's there ever since even in the original 6.5 ROM, and it does not work. Don't know why Samsung kept it for 6.5, aware that it does not work on 6.5 :)

Guest puga74

2. Yep. I think it's compatible with 6.5.x only. I got the Office Apps from 6.5.5

3. Yep and it's there ever since even in the original 6.5 ROM, and it does not work. Don't know why Samsung kept it for 6.5, aware that it does not work on 6.5 :)

Thanks Bro Daskalos. I got the stream player cab. By the way, I also observed that you can't change the shortcuts on the work menu. Are you also experiencing the same?

Guest daskalos
Thanks Bro Daskalos. I got the stream player cab. By the way, I also observed that you can't change the shortcuts on the work menu. Are you also experiencing the same?

Oh... it just needed B7610's shortcut picker :) I'll upload it later

Ok it's here

http://www.4shared.com/file/0vwJzmcc/ShortcutPicker.html

Just place it in\Windows and overwrite the same file...you may need a file explorer that can overwrite ROM files (like resco explorer or total cammander)

Edited by daskalos

Guest puga74
Oh... it just needed B7610's shortcut picker :) I'll upload it later

Ok it's here

http://www.4shared.com/file/0vwJzmcc/ShortcutPicker.html

Just place it in\Windows and overwrite the same file...you may need a file explorer that can overwrite ROM files (like resco explorer or total cammander)

Thanks! I'll try it tonight. Were you able to look if you still have the original rom files for PH?

Guest Alek_J

I have tried a solution posted elsewhere but it did not work.

Is there a way to keep the samsung sms application without this annoying "message sent" popup after an sms has been sent? And the system "freeze" when sending, allowing only to gaze at the golden stripe?

Another thing - there is a character count at the top of the screen when typing an sms but it is only visible when the screen is vertical. When we use hardware keyboard, like we do with B7610, and the screen goes horizontal, the bar with the count is "too high up" and invisible. Can something be done about that?

Guest daskalos
I have tried a solution posted elsewhere but it did not work.

Is there a way to keep the samsung sms application without this annoying "message sent" popup after an sms has been sent? And the system "freeze" when sending, allowing only to gaze at the golden stripe?

Another thing - there is a character count at the top of the screen when typing an sms but it is only visible when the screen is vertical. When we use hardware keyboard, like we do with B7610, and the screen goes horizontal, the bar with the count is "too high up" and invisible. Can something be done about that?

As long as you use Samsung MMS SMS, you would have to bear with that Message Sent popup

I haven't experience that system freeze yet, so I can't offer a solution...yet

For your last query, I'll check what I can do bout that

Guest Alek_J
I haven't experience that system freeze yet, so I can't offer a solution...yet
What I meant is that when you observe the golden bar indicating that a message is being sent you cannot really do anything but wait until it is done and the popup comes on. Otherwise the sending is interrupted and fails. I do not mean that the system is not responsive.

The rom is really nice. I have a feeling that memory does not leak as bad as in the Megalite 6.5.5 23547 I have had so far.

Great job.

Guest daskalos
What I meant is that when you observe the golden bar indicating that a message is being sent you cannot really do anything but wait until it is done and the popup comes on. Otherwise the sending is interrupted and fails. I do not mean that the system is not responsive.

The rom is really nice. I have a feeling that memory does not leak as bad as in the Megalite 6.5.5 23547 I have had so far.

Great job.

You should try the Samsung Lock, you'll get better memory management

Guest puga74

3. Yep and it's there ever since even in the original 6.5 ROM, and it does not work. Don't know why Samsung kept it for 6.5, aware that it does not work on 6.5 :rolleyes:

Hi Bro Daskalos, tried the office 2010 on the stock JC2 rom but it ran without issues so I think its not related to compatibility with win 6.5.x only. You might want to take a look at this if you have time.

Guest Ignition

i want to install this ROM but before i do, i would like to know if there are any newer updates to the Georgio Armani software than the build in this ROM ??

just in case i install this and then a newer rom is released... :rolleyes:

Guest Alek_J

There is a problem with screen orientation. After a few days without soft reset the screen seizes to change to horizontal when sliding out the keyboard. It concerns the whole system = every application and even the today screen.

Guest daskalos
There is a problem with screen orientation. After a few days without soft reset the screen seizes to change to horizontal when sliding out the keyboard. It concerns the whole system = every application and even the today screen.

What 3rd party applications are installed in your device

Guest Alek_J
What 3rd party applications are installed in your device

Found the guilty one - MagiCall. But I like this application. Can we somehow go round this problem?

Edited by Alek_J

Guest Laserek
After installing the addon cab, open Icon settings, then select the first icon set :rolleyes:

Means first I have to choose Theme?

Samsung Settings > Basic Settings > Display .... > Theme ?

When I click Start on top left I see all items one on one on top left and can only use My Menu.

Edited by Laserek

Guest daskalos

When I click Start on top left I see all items one on one on top left and can only use My Menu.

Nope. Install add-ons. The you will find Icon Settings shortcut in programs (scroll at the bottom). Tap it and choose the first icon set

Guest daskalos

Nope. Install add-ons. The you will find Icon Settings shortcut in programs (scroll at the bottom). Tap it and choose the first icon set

Guest Laserek

I found Settings. After I clicked I see 2 tabs Basic settings and Advanced settings.

Is it correct? I dont see any icon set.

Where to find it using explorer?

Ok. Found it. It's not a settings its a Menu Icons.

Edited by Laserek

Guest holrayt

I'll try this ROM. Can I install the new phonebook app from 6.5.5 over the one that comes with this ROM? Searching for contacts is quicker in the newer app, it eliminates having to press the search button (magnifying glass icon) a second time, you just have to start typing and it will start searching. Very convenient time saver.

Edited by holrayt