HTC to sue Apple for patent infringement

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

This just breaking...! :)

P

HTC SUES APPLE FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT

Complaint outlines five HTC patents infringed by Apple products

Seattle – May 12, 2010 – HTC Corporation today took legal action against Apple Inc., filing a complaint with the United States International Trade Commission (ITC) to halt the importation and sale of the iPhone, iPad and iPod in the United States.

“As the innovator of the original Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition in 2002 and the first Android smartphone in 2008, HTC believes the industry should be driven by healthy competition and innovation that offer consumers the best, most accessible mobile experiences possible,” said Jason Mackenzie, vice president of North America, HTC Corporation. “We are taking this action against Apple to protect our intellectual property, our industry partners, and most importantly our customers that use HTC phones.”

HTC’s commitment to innovation has continued for more than a decade as it has focused on building a portfolio of the world’s most advanced smartphones that are inspired by consumers and provide them with a variety of choices in software, design, form-factor, price and wireless carrier. Today, consumers in the United States can choose between 12 HTC smartphones with the national wireless carriers. HTC has continuously strived to bring innovative smartphone choices to consumers, like the recently unveiled HTC EVO 4G with Sprint, DROID Incredible by HTC with Verizon Wireless and the HTC HD2 with T-Mobile. For more information on HTC’s long-standing commitment to consumers innovation and choice go to: www.htc.com/quietlybrilliant

Guest Drefsab

Lots of people keep going on about apple will crush HTC on this, I really hope they bother to do their research as HTC have been making touch screen smart phones before the iphone even started development :) would be interesting to see how much prior art and existing products on market gets them along with the patents they hold.

Guest Subject Delta

This "sue and countersue" bullcrap going on between HTC, Nokia, and Apple seems to me to be a case of legal penis waving. "Hey you stole from me... Well actually you stole from me first... Well actually you both stole from me".

Personally, whilst I would love nothing more than to see HTC take Apple down a few pegs (someone certainly needs to) the only hope we ever have of obliterating this kind of crap is if there is a reform of patent law in the US.

Guest McSpoon

:) The whole patent nonsense is just getting silly.

Perhaps you should submit a MoDaCo patent for online kitchens generating customized firmware. It's the way of the future and even Apple might go that way eventually. ;)

Guest kitchencop

Yeah F**K YOU APPLE!!!! HTC for the WIN!!!!! I will never buy an Apple product . Glad to see HTC standing up to them

Guest afiorillo

HTC just said STOP to that pseudo-religion depicting Apple as The First And Only Smartphone Maker In This Universe. That is an idea existing in Steve Jobs' brain only, and the simple fact that millions of fanboys repeat it everyday does not make it more true. :)

Edited by afiorillo

Guest HustlinDaily

Perhaps you should submit a MoDaCo patent for online kitchens generating customized firmware. It's the way of the future and even Apple might go that way eventually. ;)

Yeah Paul you gotta make that patent before Steve Jobs does.

Guest Helder Campos

Perhaps you should submit a MoDaCo patent for online kitchens generating customized firmware. It's the way of the future and even Apple might go that way eventually. :D

Yes! i've allready seen some other dev's doing the Kitchen's ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.