2.2?

Guest RoskaL

Guest RoskaL

so iv seen the 2.2 benchmarks and its 450% increase over 2.1 but how soon is it ment to be sorted by htc for release? will there be a modaco rom for it?

im gunna be gettin a desire i think after my hero which i still love thanks to modaco roms =] just fancy abit of 2.2 from what iv seen its pretty impressive

anyone know what else is gained with it, all iv seen is the perfromance increase through some benchmarks dunno bout any other changes

thanks

R

Guest l1nuxfre4k

RosKaL....

As it looks now the 2.2 for Hero is no, not officialy atleast, it lacks the hardware.

the benchmarks is false as you might have guessed? it dont work on the new Android it seems.

it will proboboly decrease the preformance of an hero

Guest helikopter
so iv seen the 2.2 benchmarks and its 450% increase over 2.1 but how soon is it ment to be sorted by htc for release? will there be a modaco rom for it?

im gunna be gettin a desire i think after my hero which i still love thanks to modaco roms =] just fancy abit of 2.2 from what iv seen its pretty impressive

anyone know what else is gained with it, all iv seen is the perfromance increase through some benchmarks dunno bout any other changes

thanks

R

there are many unconfirmed rumors around news sites and blogs. here are a few:

1. complete desktop-like flash support

2. install apps to memory card (no root, no a2sd needed)

3. wifi tethering out-of-the-box

quites surely they will also rethink some of the ui elements and try to boost up performance of the whole system.

Guest 42turkeys

anyone know what else is gained with it, all iv seen is the perfromance increase through some benchmarks dunno bout any other changes.

When 2.2 comes out, if the nexus one gets it really quickly, devs will soon port it to the desire. A sense ROM will come when a new HTC phone with sense and 2.2 comes out. The official update should come in about 6/7 months, but as a Hero user I can tell you to never believe any release dates until it's actually on your device! :)

Guest RoskaL
RosKaL....

As it looks now the 2.2 for Hero is no, not officialy atleast, it lacks the hardware.

the benchmarks is false as you might have guessed? it dont work on the new Android it seems.

it will proboboly decrease the preformance of an hero

the benchmarks arent false as tested on the nexus one which is basically a desire, i know it wont be for the hero oficially but from what iv read the hardware has nothing to do with it, some sort of fragmentation hing is the main fix which should actually speed the hero up if ever ported properly

anyway im talking about for the desire, and will there be a modaco custom for it fully rooted?

Guest 42turkeys
the benchmarks arent false as tested on the nexus one which is basically a desire, i know it wont be for the hero oficially but from what iv read the hardware has nothing to do with it, some sort of fragmentation hing is the main fix which should actually speed the hero up if ever ported properly

anyway im talking about for the desire, and will there be a modaco custom for it fully rooted?

Not until an official HTC update. MoDaCo roms are always based on official ROMs