[TIP] Dont try to restart phone during flash if it looses connection, or u will have a bricked liquid! [MOD PLEASE STICKY!]

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam

Hi guys,

I've got alot of PM's lately regarding peoples devices getting bricked when flashing the flood of leaked bins that has been these few months.

And as people without alot of experience take on these bins, and dont relax, it results in a bricked device.

So when your phone reboots into flash mode and if ur connection to the phone for some reason stops during the flash:

DONT PANIC!

Simply remove the usb cable and reinsert it, the Acer Flash tool will automatically reconnect to the device the phone and continue the flashing.

So: DO NOT TURN OF THE PHONE, REMOVE BATTERY, TRY TO RESTART OR CLOSE THE FLASH TOOL

If u for some reason choose to do this even when I made this thread, ur on ur own. I will help people having bricked phones atm because of these reasons, but now that I told u this I expect no more PM's regarding this issue.

Ps. The reason for the usb disconnection during flash is due to a bad usb hub and that Acer Flash tool isnt the best.

MOD PLEASE STICKY THIS SO WE GET NO MORE BRICKS!

Edited by behnaam

Guest ChrisNZ1
and I'm one of them..my acer liquid is bricks! :) I'm in panic !!!!!!!!!!!!

Try removing the battery and the sim card and then reconnecting and trying to use the tool again. I've had the odd flash go wrong but this has managed to get me unstuck every time. Not sure why you have to remove the sim card but makes a difference!

Cheers,

Chris

Guest migueltwist
Try removing the battery and the sim card and then reconnecting and trying to use the tool again. I've had the odd flash go wrong but this has managed to get me unstuck every time. Not sure why you have to remove the sim card but makes a difference!

Cheers,

Chris

I've done that and other things but nothing...my liquid is dead.. recovery.fastboot.hard reset.nothing... :)

but thanks anyway

Guest Auxx

behnaam, will it be hardware brick or software? I mean in first case bricked phone must be sent to service center and in second one it can be restored at home.

Or it depends on where the process stopped?

Guest behnaam
behnaam, will it be hardware brick or software? I mean in first case bricked phone must be sent to service center and in second one it can be restored at home.

Or it depends on where the process stopped?

Software brick, it can be fixed with the right tools, but I'm not allowed to share those tools in the forum, but I've helped people to unbrick their devices with it before.

Guest petrosy
Software brick, it can be fixed with the right tools, but I'm not allowed to share those tools in the forum, but I've helped people to unbrick their devices with it before.

Out of interest if you are unable to provide the tools, could you atleast tell us what they are called and maybe how they work?

Guest HustlinDaily

I haven't done it yet (waiting for the next iteration of LCR), but I am wondering. If this happens, do I replug it into the same USB port or would a different one be okay? (Probably a stupid question but better safe than sorry).

Guest behnaam
Out of interest if you are unable to provide the tools, could you atleast tell us what they are called and maybe how they work?

It's a modified version of Acer Flash tools which allows continuing where the flash got stuck from recovery mode. You need to make two combos first to access that flash mode.

Guest behnaam
I haven't done it yet (waiting for the next iteration of LCR), but I am wondering. If this happens, do I replug it into the same USB port or would a different one be okay? (Probably a stupid question but better safe than sorry).

Same USB port :)

Guest HustlinDaily

Did not run into this problem but bumping it up to the top. It slipped onto the second page and it is very important.

• 6 months later...
Guest Intenso74

I guess I'm VERY lucky. I have removed the USB cable and reset the device TWO TIMES during flash (after fastboot the screen would just stay off) and it's still working like a charm even though the tool gave me an error that it couldn't reconnect.

Thanks alot for the info. I'll be more careful from now on.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ayerulez

hello i'm flashing my Liquid and i got this error.... i unplugged the phone twice and i haven't recived any error message from Acer Doownload Tool and nothing changed...

what should I do???

Guest Koki1337

For those who run Acer Tools for the first time or just reformatted their Windows (only 7 as I my own experience), let the process take itself. Might take a long time due to the drivers needed to be installed. This can be found when you reach certain stages during flash and Windows just automatically finds the driver and installs it, then the flash continues.

• 1 year later...
Guest kadaj0902

hi all, hustin too! We met again, hehehe...

anw, i got question, I know that I got problem when i upgrade my droid OS, is that meant I losing my OS?

I am imagining that my phone is like my PC desktop on my old time that need to install windows from zero. if is that true, so can I install any android version to my phone now?