[HELP] Can't boot into recovery after flashing rootedupdate.zip and another issue!

Guest localman

Guest localman

Hey Paul / guys, I need your help.

First, I successfully rooted my HTC Desire. After two weeks of testing I tried to cook a ROM.

I took Pauls "rootedupdate.zip" and put it into the kitchen. I removed and added several apps and flashed it on my device.

The flash has finished and I thought everything was working. After 10 minutes, I wanted to flash another ROM. So I had to go in the Recovery Mode. I typed this command (which always worked) in the terminal: "./recovery-linux.sh" I typed it again and again. But it didn't work.

"Device not found"

If I normal boot the desire, the pc AND the desire don't see the SD card. I have no idea what I can do. I tried a lot of things but nothing worked. For example: I tried to flash the stock ROM, to root the device again... but the result is always the same: "Device not found" If i try to root my device again, the step1 works perfectly but the step2 makes the known problem.

What can I do? I hope you understand my problem. Please help me.

P.S. Sorry for the bad English, I'm Swiss.

Edited by localman

Guest geek78
Hey Paul / guys, I need your help.

First, I successfully rooted my HTC Desire. After two weeks of testing I tried to cook a ROM.

I took Pauls "rootedupdate.zip" and put it into the kitchen. I removed and added several apps and flashed it on my device.

The flash has finished and I thought everything was working. After 10 minutes, I wanted to flash another ROM. So I had to go in the Recovery Mode. I typed this command (which always worked) in the terminal: "./recovery-linux.sh" I typed it again and again. But it didn't work.

"Device not found"

If I normal boot the desire, the pc AND the desire don't see the SD card. I have no idea what I can do. I tried a lot of things but nothing worked. For example: I tried to flash the stock ROM, to root the device again... but the result is always the same: "Device not found" If i try to root my device again, the step1 works perfectly but the step2 makes the known problem.

What can I do? I hope you understand my problem. Please help me.

P.S. Sorry for the bad English, I'm Swiss.

Sorry ....

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...-and-root-a2sd/

Guest xhemp
But I didn't install A2SD.

Did you by any chance used the "USB Mount" by mistake on the green recovery screen?

It's the second option just below Reboot device.

Guest xhemp
i've used that option in the past and had no problems :)

Well, myself and maybe 20 more had a problem after using that option so maybe's something there ;)

Guest localman
Did you by any chance used the "USB Mount" by mistake on the green recovery screen?

It's the second option just below Reboot device.

Yes I did :S

About 4 times.

Is there already a solution to fix this? :)

Edited by localman

Guest craigcrawford1988

I installed A2SD+ and partitioned my SD card with fat32, ext2, and linux-swap. I haven't moved the apps over yet, what should I be worried about?

What do I need to avoid doing in other words?

Edited by craigcrawford1988

Guest xhemp
Oh man.

That means I can't do anything? :)

Just wait?

Well, you can return your device and get a new one, if you managed to do that but there's still no fix for this unfortunately.

I installed A2SD+ and partitioned my SD card with fat32, ext2, and linux-swap. I haven't moved the apps over yet, what should I be worried about?

What do I need to avoid doing in other words?

This happened for most of us (some people claim that they didn't touch it) when we activated the USB Mount option (2nd option) on the Recovery menu.

So, avoid doing that at least.

Edited by xhemp

Guest craigcrawford1988
Well, you can return your device and get a new one, if you managed to do that but there's still no fix for this unfortunately.

This happened for most of us (some people claim that they didn't touch it) when we activated the USB Mount option (2nd option) on the Recovery menu.

So, avoid doing that at least.

I can still get to recovery so I guess I'm ok as long as I don't press that menu option lol.

Guest xhemp
I can still get to recovery so I guess I'm ok as long as I don't press that menu option lol.

Yep, like I said, there are people that used that and didn't have any problems but the vast majority didn't have a good outcome so it's better be safe than sorry :)

Guest Too51oll
Yep, like I said, there are people that used that and didn't have any problems but the vast majority didn't have a good outcome so it's better be safe than sorry :)

I'm one of those that using this option almost everytime I flash my phone. First there was a theory that apps2sd caausing this problem now it's mount USB in recovery. Hmm... I better not to use it again, just in case.

Guest localman

I don't bring my phone to the store because they problably won't give me a new one ;)

So I try it myself. If anyone has a good idea, please tell me :)

I will inform you if I get it.