Trouble Flashing Amon RA 1.7.0 Using Terminal App

Guest flintpez

Guest flintpez

I'm trying to flash Amon RA 1.7.0 to replace 1.6.2 on my Nexus One. I'm trying to do it using the Terminal Emulator app and entering exactly what RA's instructions say:

Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img to the root of your sdcard

start the terminal app

su(press enter)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img(press enter)

reboot recovery(press enter)

(Found on- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829)

The img is on the root of my SD. Not in any folder. I have triple verified that the image I have is indeed recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img. I have tried several times, and I keep getting "flash_image: not found"

Any ideas? Thanks.

snap20100514133314.png

Guest AndiTails

To be honest, I'm surprised anyone still uses Amon's RA - the Clockwork Recovery image is so much easier.

Just download the "ROM Manager" from the Market, it will flash the recovery image, keep it up to date, and allow you select a ROM, backup, wipe, flash, reboot, all in one click...

Far less fiddly. And the free version is just fine if you download your own ROMs (you only need to pay to make it do that for you too).

And yes, you can still do all the usual options (partitioning, wiping battery stats, etc etc etc)

P.S. "flash_image: not found" means it can't find the command "flash_image" - not the actual image...

Edited by AndiTails

Guest Formel-LMS

Er, where can you wipe dalvik cache with Clockwork recovery?

Yesterday I've wanted to flash a rom wit clockwork but it can't.

So I've go back to Amon_Ra....

Guest Tat2ed999
I'm trying to flash Amon RA 1.7.0 to replace 1.6.2 on my Nexus One. I'm trying to do it using the Terminal Emulator app and entering exactly what RA's instructions say:

Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img to the root of your sdcard

start the terminal app

su(press enter)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img(press enter)

reboot recovery(press enter)

(Found on- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829)

The img is on the root of my SD. Not in any folder. I have triple verified that the image I have is indeed recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img. I have tried several times, and I keep getting "flash_image: not found"

Any ideas? Thanks.

snap20100514133314.png

I had the same problem and I switched over to the terminal app provided in Cyanogen 5.0.6. If I remember correctly after the SU I didn't hit enter and just kept typing out the command then it flashed it. Hope this helps.

Guest stevenz

Just use fastboot instead, the ROM/busybox you're using obviously doesn't have a "flash_image" command in it.

Cyanogen ROMs do have this command available. I'd still recommend using fastboot to do it.

Guest yankyjz

Modaco's desire rom is missing the command "flash_image" in its busybox. If you want it you can copy it out of cyan's rom and push it into

"/system/bin". I just copy and pasted it using root explorer. It works fine for me, good luck!