R3 boot loop help. **SOLVED**

Guest crisdo98

Guest crisdo98

Hi guys, i'm getting continuous boot loops after flashing the latest R3 cooked with A2SD+. R2 was working perfect for me and a2sd was also working a treat. I've tried reflashing 4 times, firstly doing full wipes of the system and both caches.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong and can't seem to find how others fixed it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by crisdo98

Guest irishandrew

Glad you got it working. I got stuck in a boot loop too, though an inplace upgrade without wiping caused no problems.

R2 & A2SD+ => R3 & A2SD+ NO WIPE = Worked fine, no boot issues.

R2 & A2SD+ => Wipe, R3&A2SD+ flash => boot loop with SD card in place (phone boots if you take the card out).

Solution: Format ext3 partition in gparted and then wipe and flash R3 - works fine and preserves the data on the FAT32 partition of the SD card.

If you don't have access to a linux distro then you can use the format sd card option in the recovery image, but you will lose everything on the card - so be sure to backup your files in Windows first.

-Andrew.

Guest craigcrawford1988
Glad you got it working. I got stuck in a boot loop too, though an inplace upgrade without wiping caused no problems.

R2 & A2SD+ => R3 & A2SD+ NO WIPE = Worked fine, no boot issues.

R2 & A2SD+ => Wipe, R3&A2SD+ flash => boot loop with SD card in place (phone boots if you take the card out).

Solution: Format ext3 partition in gparted and then wipe and flash R3 - works fine and preserves the data on the FAT32 partition of the SD card.

If you don't have access to a linux distro then you can use the format sd card option in the recovery image, but you will lose everything on the card - so be sure to backup your files in Windows first.

-Andrew.

I had a boot loop when I went to R3 from R2. I removed A2SD+ from my kitchen ROM and forgot to wipe, as soon as I wiped then re-ran the .zip it was booting again.

Guest irishandrew
I had a boot loop when I went to R3 from R2. I removed A2SD+ from my kitchen ROM and forgot to wipe, as soon as I wiped then re-ran the .zip it was booting again.

Yeah the issue seems to be around the A2SD+ ext3 partition. Seeing as I have it all backed up I just format it in Linux now to avoid any issues. At least when wiping. No wipe inplace updates seem to work fine.