[MOD] Enable capacitive buttons for Nexus - Desire Roms

Guest Kenny N

Guest Kenny N

Just like many others, my Nexus buttons won't lit up after I flashed to custom desire roms. To enable it, we need to have a script running in the background. That's where GScript application comes to rescue. You can download the lite version from Market Place. After you have it installed, please follow the following instructions

1. Download and extract the attached file to your [sDCARD]://gscript/

2. Start GScript lite application

3. Menu > Add script > Load file >LED_ON.sh

4. Make sure you check "Needs SU?"

5. Press "Save"

After completed the given steps, you will see the "LED_ON" from the list. You would need to execute (run) it by a single tap on "LED_ON".

It will prompt for root permission, please make sure you allow the script to run as root

** You should ONLY run this ONCE each time you reboot ( restart ) your phone

This is only a temporary workaround until someone makes changes to the kernel driver.

Features:

1. Lit up the capacitive buttons when your screen is on

2. Turn off capacitive buttons when your screen is off

Regards,

Kenny N

LED_ON.zip

Edited by Kenny N

Guest Kenny N
only works for about 10 seconds then the lights go off !

Did you kick off the script ? Make sure you run the script as root

Regards,

Kenny N

Guest marra2
Did you kick off the script ? Make sure you run the script as root

Regards,

Kenny N

yes its ticked they now stay on until I lock the screen. its a start so thanks any way !

Guest Kenny N
yes its ticked they now stay on until I lock the screen. its a start so thanks any way !

That's strange. it works fine for me and a couple of others.

Regards,

Kenny N

Guest NXUS

I got until the step where it tells me to load file from sdcard and when i press it i get a screen saying "Select a file (.sh from sdcard)" and cancel button at the bottom but nothing else, i have made sure LED_ON.sh is in the root of my sdcard and my phone is unplugged. Whats the problem?

EDIT: I Found the fix, should have read the instructions better, should have extracted to GScrpt folder

Edited by NXUS

Guest Kenny N
I got until the step where it tells me to load file from sdcard and when i press it i get a screen saying "Select a file (.sh from sdcard)" and cancel button at the bottom but nothing else, i have made sure LED_ON.sh is in the root of my sdcard and my phone is unplugged. Whats the problem?

make sure you create a folder called "gscript" in your root sdcard and place the LED_ON.sh file in there. Then, just load up GScript Lite and continue with the rest of the step

Regards,

Kenny N

Edited by Kenny N

Guest NXUS
mkdir sure you create a folder called "gscript" in your root sdcard and place the LED_ON.sh file into there. Then, just load up GScript Lite and continue with the rest of the step

Regards,

Kenny N

yes thank you, i read instructions correctly a few minutes after i installed but thank you

Guest animas

Thanks dude thats great really needed it. Do you think it may be posible to write a script that uses the light sensor to switch on off the led as required?

Guest Hasibul

I have a really good mod for this now. What you can do is take the file and rename it to 10ledon and then put it in /system/etc/init.d

with that it works perfectly and you don't need to do it every time!

i suggest using adb to do this but whatever you can use

It's pretty good. Just like Gscript, except this way you don;t need to start it every boot. It works just as well, but sometimes it's weird. Other than that its perfect. Thanks Kenny!

Edited by Hasibul

Guest tiran

hey,

i don't really understand why i need this script.

I use the r22 build and it just works fine even with the light sensor. If its dark, light goes on. If its bright light goes off... whats the point of this script?

Guest techlogik
I have a really good mod for this now. What you can do is take the file and rename it to 10ledon and then put it in /system/etc/init.d

with that it works perfectly and you don't need to do it every time!

i suggest using adb to do this but whatever you can use

It's pretty good. Just like Gscript, except this way you don;t need to start it every boot. It works just as well, but sometimes it's weird. Other than that its perfect. Thanks Kenny!

Edit. figured it out...now the device won't boot...bad idea.

Stuck at the logo screen, and the light are lits, but that is all she wrote. That script I should have looked over before I followed these instructions.

Hmmm...anyway from the bootloader/recovery to get a shell, mount the system in RW mode and delete the file I copied that is causing the problem?

Edited by techlogik

Guest androiduser1
hey,

i don't really understand why i need this script.

I use the r22 build and it just works fine even with the light sensor. If its dark, light goes on. If its bright light goes off... whats the point of this script?

You don't need it. Some Nexus One devices are having issues with not displaying/turning the lights on or off in any condition. So, if yours is working, you're one of the lucky ones. Be fortunate.

• 2 months later...
Guest adamiester
You don't need it. Some Nexus One devices are having issues with not displaying/turning the lights on or off in any condition. So, if yours is working, you're one of the lucky ones. Be fortunate.

i wonder if its a T-Mobile / AT&T issue, just curious but mine dont work and i have the att version, whats yours everyone else?