How to /dump/ the ROM image ?

Guest Minishlink

Guest popo51

la rom fonctionne impec manque juste une chose un detail mais pour etre parfaite je n'ai pas le splash screen orange peut il etre rajouté à la main ou faut refaire un update entier?

Guest popo51

vu que je renvoie le tel a orange le splash c'est mieu mais si je peut le mettre moi meme si ce n'est qu'un fichier sa ne me derange pas de le faire^^

Guest moodi
la rom fonctionne impec manque juste une chose un detail mais pour etre parfaite je n'ai pas le splash screen orange peut il etre rajouté à la main ou faut refaire un update entier?

PM if you wnt to talk french :)

and yes, the new update.zip is on the way ;)

Edited by moodi

Guest Minishlink

Please talk about the dumping and building of the ROM. Not about if it's working or not.

To speak about that just create a new topic "OrangeFR Stock ROM" here or maybe it's better on a french forum (like frandroid). :rolleyes:

Cool Moodi you managed to make it, congrats ! :D

EDIT: If you have problems with this ROM, it doesn't matter because the phone goes to the SAV... (and it goes there because the phone is broken)

Edited by Minishlink

Guest svyat
Install busybox to /data/local then tar the /system directory to a file on the SD card.

P

How do you install busybox on an unrooted device? As far as I understood you need root for that :/

Guest svyat
Install busybox to /data/local then tar the /system directory to a file on the SD card.

P

Maybe someone could post a link to a detailed description of how to install busybox on a unrooted HTC Desire? I've tried copying busybox to /data/local based on this how-to, but it complains about lacking permissions. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Never mind, I've finally managed it :rolleyes:

Edited by svyat

Guest Nanux

P

I am in the same situation, I need to dump O2 Czech ROM before rooting my phone. I am quite new into android but I have few years of experience with linux. Well, frankly I have stucked in the first step, installing busybox into /data/local. Every article about that said I need rooted phone. Could you give me some hints please? And some list of points what is required and what to do will be really helpful :) (just basics, I will try to find information about that elsewhere :)

Thanks a lot

EDIT: sorry, I miss the last post (it has been sent when I was writting mine:)

Edited by Nanux

Guest Nanux

I have made the tar of /system directory, copied it to my pc and untar it. I am not sure if I should create update-zip or img file. What is the next step?

The tar exit with this error, but as I understand, it happened because of nonexisting files.

tar: error exit delayed from previous errors

Guest Minishlink

1) Install Android SDK or simply adb

2) Download busybox for Android

3) Launch Windows console (cmd) and go to the directory where busybox is with the "cd path/to/the/file" command.

4) "adb devices" <- Is your device detected ? If not, install HTC Sync // Of course, before you have to plug your device in... (Sync mode I guess)

5) "adb push busybox /data/local/busybox

6) "adb shell"

7) "cd /sdcard/"

8) "chmod 755 /data/local/busybox" (something like that)

9) "/data/local/busybox tar cvf dump.tar /system"

10) When it's finished, you will have a normal error like 'tar: error exit delayed from previous errors'.

11) Follow the part of this guide which allow you to make an update-signed.zip.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Minishlink

Guest Nanux

Thank you Minishlink.

I am already on the number 12, just to be sure: I don't need anything more from the phone at this point. I was little bit confused byt the image creation discussion in start of this topic. Building the update.zip seems quite easy, is this script enough?

show_progress 0.1 0
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
set_perm_recursive 0 0 0755 0644 SYSTEM:app
show_progress 0.1 10
[/codebox]

And last question, after building the update zip is there any way to confirm if it is working, for example emulator in android tools?

Thank you

Guest Minishlink

I guess it's enough, but I'm not sure at all. (I didn't make the update-signed.zip, just the dump)

If you want to test, you have to use it on your own device... :rolleyes: (but another time: I guess)

Don't ask me if it can brick your device, I really don't know. ^^'

Edited by Minishlink

Guest Nanux
I guess it's enough, but I'm not sure at all. (I didn't make the update-signed.zip, just the dump)

If you want to test, you have to use it on your own device... :rolleyes: (but another time: I guess)

Don't ask me if it can brick your device, I really don't know. ^^'

And after that you flashed the rom and did the root process? I am just little bit afraid of voiding the warranty, I expect for the same reason you wanted backup the ROM.

I would be delighted if someone experienced confirm that it is enought.

Guest Minishlink

After that I generic'ified my Desire.

I did the dump because of warranty reasons, yes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Minishlink

Guest taz5176
After that I generic'ified my Desire.

I did the deump because of warranty reasons, yes. :rolleyes:

so u tested this method to flash back your original desire rom without any problems?

btw, u having 0.75 or 0.80 hboot?

Guest Minishlink

No no, I just said that when I received my Desire, I dumped the system partition and then I generic'ified my device. That's all. I didn't test my dump.

Don't know which hboot I have.

Guest taz5176
No no, I just said that when I received my Desire, I dumped the system partition and then I generic'ified my device. That's all. I didn't test my dump.

Don't know which hboot I have.

icic, thx