2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest JingleManSweep

Been using my own ROM based on Update 4 & 5, and I've been tweaking a few things to try and sort out the reboot issues. To start with, I've increased the Dalvik VM Heap Size up to 32MB (was 22MB).

Not sure what I'm doing to be honest, but I'll keep playing around!

Guest le_lutin

Anyone with the added opengl es driver notice any difference?

Would the driver make any difference to the 2.1 gallery app (the way it goes all screwy when you change orientation).

Guest Lentz-it

Update 4: MIC is dead but the rest works like a dream

Update 5: the MIC is working but now i get FC´s and phone freezes and reboots

Guest JingleManSweep

If you haven't flashed recently, and you are getting frequent reboots, can any of you perform the following...

$ adb shell

$ cd /data/anr

$ ls -l

... and tell me the size of your "traces.txt". After a fresh install, mine is 66532 bytes. This is where the current ROM is logging its stack traces (based on "dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file" in "build.prop"). My theory is that as the phone keeps crashing, this file is getting bigger, and eventually (and more frequently) hits the size limit of the "data" partition.

Only a theory... as I said, I'm just playing around!

I'm going to remove the "build.prop" parameter in question from my latest build to see if it makes any difference.

Guest goce.nakov
Update 4: MIC is dead but the rest works like a dream

Update 5: the MIC is working but now i get FC´s and phone freezes and reboots

Update 5: NO calendar app ( I see calendar.apk in system folder but im not seeing it in the phone programs)

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest HunteronX
Anyone with the added opengl es driver notice any difference?

Would the driver make any difference to the 2.1 gallery app (the way it goes all screwy when you change orientation).

The opengl problem still occurs - at least with cubed media player, from the market.

Guest Xudonax

I really like the new bootscreen!

Only problem that I get is that I can't seem to find the calendar...

I'll try a complete wipe and see if that fixes it.

A missing calendar is a HUGE problem for me, 'cause that is the only reason I got a smartphone in the first place :)

Guest goce.nakov

A missing calendar is a HUGE problem for me, 'cause that is the only reason I got a smartphone in the first place :)

I did a full wipe (except formating SD card) but there is no callendar....tho I see thry rootexplorer there is calendar.apk in system folder

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Daniel Williamson

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...boot-animation/

Oh yeah ;) my first contribution to this foum, oh and the creaky back cover fix :D

Dan

Guest Xudonax
I did a full wipe (except formating SD card) but there is no callendar....tho I see thry rootexplorer there is calendar.apk in system folder

I did exactly the same, and I also see the Calendar in /system/app...

What's going wrong here?

Guest masterpfa
I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

2) No reboots for about 10-15 hours

3) Random reboot

4) Next reboot after about 5 hours

5) Next reboot after about 2 hours

6) Next reboot after about 1 hour

7) Next reboot after about 30 minutes

8) Next reboot after about 10 minutes

I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to get progressively worse after the initial 10-15 hour period, and I've even hard-powered-off sometimes, so whatever is causing the logarithmic delay between reboots must be persisted to physical state/media.

This is beginning to sound like a Beta shutdown, similar to the one MS used with the Win 7 Beta, how else do you explain why everyone who had an initial problem free ROM and are now experiencing the same thing (oops there's goes another Reboot, yep 10 minutes after the last!) :)

;) :D

Guest robertopero

I use update 4. Everything worked fine. I installed 2-3 apps from Market, but after this I can't install anymore. Does somebody has the same problem?

And what's up with JIT? It is enabled in update5? It is faster?

Edited by robertopero

Guest JingleManSweep
Does A2SD work with your ext3 partition?

Because I think it is just disabled like it would without an ext partition, and that's why it's more stable. (A2SD+ is not completely stable)

It does work, but it is mounted as an EXT2 partition. I just found this in the kernel logs of my phone:

[ 4.212689] EXT2-fs warning (device mmcblk0p2): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
[ 4.212739] EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended
[/codebox]

So, you probably won't be enjoying the benefits of a journalled file system (e.g. ext3)

Guest Barny_Ger

Everything works fine but - No reboots or something :)

But somtimes the clock stops working / To fix it i have to turn on and off the Airplane mode

Any ideas here to fix this ?

Guest goce.nakov

Found another bug....

When I receive a call for the first time the phone is ringing, but if a reject the call after that on second call the phone ringing is muted.

Anyone experiencing similar problem?

And ofc...still missing the calendar :)

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest eckengucker1
If you haven't flashed recently, and you are getting frequent reboots, can any of you perform the following...

$ adb shell

$ cd /data/anr

$ ls -l

... and tell me the size of your "traces.txt". After a fresh install, mine is 66532 bytes. This is where the current ROM is logging its stack traces (based on "dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file" in "build.prop"). My theory is that as the phone keeps crashing, this file is getting bigger, and eventually (and more frequently) hits the size limit of the "data" partition.

Only a theory... as I said, I'm just playing around!

I'm going to remove the "build.prop" parameter in question from my latest build to see if it makes any difference.

Under Cupcake with MCR 1.8b the size is 58629 bytes. Seems to me that where is a problem. Me 1.5 ROM is already running since 8 days.

We could try to delete the line "dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file" which will initate Android to write the log entrys into the android-logfile.

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest JingleManSweep
Under Cupcake with MCR 1.8b the size is 58629 bytes. Seems to me that where is a problem. Me 1.5 ROM is already running since 8 days.

We could try to delete the line "dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file" which will initate Android to write the log entrys into the android-logfile.

I tried that in my ROM, but it refuses to boot up. However, I added an "rm -f /data/amr/traces.txt" to my /etc/init.d/s40a2sd script, to remove it on every startup.

Guest JingleManSweep

Don't think it is a problem...

The "traces.txt" file is approximately 40-80KB, but my "/data" partition has approximately 60MB free. It will take a lot of crashes to fill up that space.

Guest JingleManSweep
Whats about the cache files? Did you try to clear the cache with e.g. Cachecleaner?

What cache are you talking about?

There is the "dalvik-cache" that currently is located on SD card (/system/sd/dalvik-cache)?

Or the "cache" partition which is 20MB but has 17MB remaining, so don't think it is that?

# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 52.7M 12.0K 52.7M 0% /dev
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals
/dev/block/mtdblock1 85.0M 75.6M 9.4M 89% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock2 105.3M 41.2M 64.0M 39% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock3 20.0M 2.8M 17.2M 14% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 457.2M 38.5M 394.3M 9% /system/sd
/dev/block//vold/179:1
14.3G 616.4M 13.7G 4% /sdcard
[/codebox]

Edited by JingleManSweep