2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest thisweb

My phone won't flash the uddate6 version (using recovery menu). Says:

'Can't open /sdcard/upd6-r6-etc.zip (bad)'

I tried redownloading and replacing on sdcard. No change. I've wiped, and wiped ext.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

OK- fixed it now- problem with usb not dismounting drive properly on Ubuntu.

Edited by thisweb

Guest Jan M
My r5 behaved like most people's: first 12 hours are fantastic. After that, many reboots and even lockups.

if we discount the time bomb theory...

I think the next most probable reason for the reboots is a log file getting filled up, and as the file becomes larger it could be more difficult (and memory-intensive) for the system to read/write from/on it.

Guest MarcusHenrique
if we discount the time bomb theory...

I think the next most probable reason for the reboots is a log file getting filled up, and as the file becomes larger it could be more difficult (and memory-intensive) for the system to read/write from/on it.

That's what I've said some posts ago. Not just the log-file but maybe even the cache starts to get filled up with erros.

Guest ogiogi

Just booted vanilla :) ;) :D. All I'll say is WOW.

THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX

Guest dodge-167

Really cool Nexus Boot screen, like it a lot!!! :)

EDIT: But what about the white clock?

Edited by dodge-167

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey guys forget adw with JIT enabled, crashed everything.

If someone finds a really stable launcher to work with this let me know.

Guest eckengucker1

Ok, I've failed fixing the clock-bug. Donno what Huawei've changed but its simply not possible to change the clockcolor. They must have re-sorted the files.

strange :)

Guest Xudonax

Hmm, update 6 doesn't boot properly on my Pulse. It doesn't boot with a SD card inserted, and without a SD card it crashes on the initial wizard ;)

This is besides the problem where it can't find libc.so on a fresh (wiped) install. This has happened everytime since upd3 (where I started using these ROMs), but is always fixed by reinstalling the ROM :)

Guest thisweb

Does anybody know what keyboard is in the screenshots for this vanilla rom. It doesn't look like mine. I like touchpals slidedown 'number swipe' but it doesn't have the voice search button. This image seems to have both?

Guest Mohit Singhal

ok just updated my Pulse with version 6, everything seems to be working fine. No FC or reboots, but there is a small problem I am unable to download any app from the market, it keeps saying starting download but never actually does.

Initially I thought it was happening due to UID mismatches, but even after repair not working.

Dunno whts wrong.

Cheers

Matrix

Guest mr.a
How to apply a htc keyboard?

go to this :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

and download v25 low-res for android 1.6 and up (don't know if high-res works)

Instructions:

Download and unzip (not flashable update.zip!)

Install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a file manager or adb install -r). Sense users shouldn't (and needn't) install Clicker.

There is no need to push anything to /system

Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Activate "HTC_IME mod"

To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu.

See note below if you have earlier versions than v22 installed already!

Guest xarxiusxiii
How to apply a htc keyboard?

Download it from here, copy HTC_IME.apk (from the zip) to your phone / SD card, then install it through the file manager.

EDIT: Ok, mr.a beat me, and his instructions are more detailed... I wasn't fast enough :)

Edited by xarxiusxiii

Guest ogiogi
Downloaded this, it looks great but quite slow returning to home screen from any app except app menu. Also do you know how I get the screen previews animation up (so I can preview all my screens). I cant find a way

:). Yeah it does that. Long press the return (arrow) key to get screen previews.

Guest thisweb
Speed is noticeable :) thanks

Really, do you find this faster than pauls r6 2.1 rom? It seems slower than the tmobile one to me. Wallpapers definitely more jerky here.

Guest dodge-167
Really, do you find this faster than pauls r6 2.1 rom? It seems slower than the tmobile one to me. Wallpapers definitely more jerky here.

+1 definetly

Guest JingleManSweep

Agreed, I think this is the slowest ROM yet. Menus/scrolling is quite laggy, and the phone takes about 5-10 seconds to draw the home menu screen (both on startup and after closing some applications).

Guest Xudonax

Unfortunatly I completly crashed my phone using this ROM ;) After a lot of resetting I managed to get back to a 1.5 ROM, I probably did something wrong. For the time being I'm going to stay with 1.5 until there is a (semi) stable version of 2.1.

The ROM looked very good and was very fast on my phone, I just managed to trash it :)

Guest Jan M

seems much faster...and even stable.

Guest Zizi Bolygó

Dear people this rom is just for playing with 2.1. Anybody thing one or too developer can build something stable... Paul / Bear and the others are genius, but project like this need more and more people(more eyes, different thinking..) + testing alfa beta etc before it can release something "stable". Pauls roms based on a stable 1.5 rom for u8220. Now we dont have official working 2.1 rom. So there is a differnt that you make the stable rom or you modify a stable rom..:)