2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest phucte
seems much faster...and even stable.

I think so to defo is faster the phone app just pops open :) .. however the home screen does take quite long to redraw..... :( about 10 sec :D

on update 6 , anyway to make that faster? ;)

Edited by phucte

Guest Pipe Merchant

I've been using update 6 of this for a couple hours and it's feeling very stable so far! I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in speed between this or the tmobile version, though I do get the feeling the home screen takes a little longer to draw (around 5-10 seconds).

Guest martinmax

My phone just died , a black screen of death , i must to switch off the battery ... Anyone experienced this issue ?

Guest MikeRame

Well, the menus are slower, but the applications are faster for me, i.e.: raging thunder 2 became somewhat playable and is really smooth in time trial mode.

Guest maiden30403

This is insanely fast now, one question I have is has something been changed to do with the radio since the first version of this ROM and Paul's ROM?

Reason I ask this is any time I lose 3g signal it's gone and doesn't come back unless I manually search for my network or toggle Airplane Mode, this problem was always existent for me in 1.5 but it went away after upgrading to 2.1.

Now unfortunately it seems to have come back after installing Update 6 (previously was on original vanilla).

I find this somewhat interesting because I saw mentioned somewhere that the 2.1 rebooting may be caused by a low 3g signal, I'm no longer having reboots and the problem is back. Related?

Guest igor_anta
Hey guys forget adw with JIT enabled, crashed everything.

If someone finds a really stable launcher to work with this let me know.

Yeah to bad for ADW, it's in rc1 phase now, seems really cool, but it's written on the site "If you're using JIT, you should remove JIT, flash launcher, then reinstall JIT. That's not my launcher fault, is the Jit behaviour messing dalvik-cache..." so if someone can fix this and post the ROM it would be great. Other than that nothing new, just started testing it. So far so good:)

Guest Epohax
My phone just died , a black screen of death , i must to switch off the battery ... Anyone experienced this issue ?

Yes, when I was sending a Twitter message. Phone didn't react, at anything. I had to pull the battery to reboot.

Since flashing r6 everything seems fine so far, but I assume today during the day I will experience many spontaneous reboots.

Guest Gyurci

Hi all, I've been experiencing the same bug az martinmax: cannot restore contacts or create new ones, and the unit is rebooting. Does anyone has any suggestions?

Guest goce.nakov
Hi all, I've been experiencing the same bug az martinmax: cannot restore contacts or create new ones, and the unit is rebooting. Does anyone has any suggestions?

Restore from what......I'v restored thru Titanium Backup without any problems.

Guest gusthy

Upd6 does not reboot :rolleyes:

Simply freezes :D

On the other hand, it happens a very specific way (at least for me.)

If I am in a phone call, freezing does not kill the conversation, but I cannot hang up at the end. This might mean, that in this case the radio module continues working, only the main CPU deadlocks...

Guest Gyurci

Thanks for the reply. I bought Sprite Backup and all my backups are in there so I would like to use that.

Restore from what......I'v restored thru Titanium Backup without any problems.

Guest thisweb
I've been using update 6 of this for a couple hours and it's feeling very stable so far! I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in speed between this or the tmobile version, though I do get the feeling the home screen takes a little longer to draw (around 5-10 seconds).

I do think its more stable, but the home screen and slow/jerky scrolls kinda make it worst than having the odd force closes

Guest Jan M
Reason I ask this is any time I lose 3g signal it's gone and doesn't come back unless I manually search for my network or toggle Airplane Mode, this problem was always existent for me in 1.5 but it went away after upgrading to 2.1.

If this continues after applying the december update, I would return the phone under warranty.

Guest darkdevil1

Same issue.

Tried importing contacts from SIM, selected import all, get the nice loading bar with progress but nothing actually ends up being listed. Going to try rolling back and doing a Titanium backup and restore that way

Edit: nope, doesn't seem to work either

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest Jan M
seems much faster...and even stable.

I take that back...it was stable overnight for ~10 hours but when I started to use it in the morning, the random reboots appeared.

Usually during a reboot the Voice Search FC comes up...but now a System FC came up as well =/

I'm attaching the logcat as well as the /data/anr/traces.txt...

logcat.txt

traces.txt

Guest Epohax

And we have arrived to reboot-station again. It really is something logarithmic, because it becomes worse over time gradually. Usually I flash around 9pm, and the whole night the phone survives and the alarm goes off properly. In the morning, I try to browse, twitter, anything, and it reboots. From then on, he will reboot even if I don't do a thing: reboot, enter PIN, do nothing, reboot after unknown time, repeat.

Can we estimate how long this situation will continue? I don't want to complain, this is a beta. But I actually want to use my phone, so I am weighing waiting for a working version, and going back to 1.5 against each other.

Edited by Epohax

Guest robertopero
And we have arrived to reboot-station again. It really is something logarithmic, because it becomes worse over time gradually. Usually I flash around 9pm, and the whole night the phone survives and the alarm goes off properly. In the morning, I try to browse, twitter, anything, and it reboots. From then on, he will reboot even if I don't do a thing: reboot, enter PIN, do nothing, reboot after unknown time, repeat.

Can we estimate how long this situation will continue? I don't want to complain, this is a beta. But I actually want to use my phone, so I weighing waiting for a working version, and going back to 1.5 against each other.

Yes I experienced this too. I think something isn't okay after 15-20 hours later...

Edited by robertopero

Guest ianmack
Yes I experienced this too. I think something isn't okay after 15-20 hours later...

Again, not complaining, I know this is a beta etc, but it is nearly un-usable.

Does anybody have any idea why this might keep re-booting, force closes etc (other than "its a beta - suck it up")

It is good to see how much interest this is producing, and how many people are contributing.

Here's hoping for a stable release soon.

Guest goce.nakov

I dont have any random reboots.....and im using this ROM sense r4.......maybe 2 or 3 max, I have only FC from time to time, and from R6 build the home screen need more time to redraw, but thats all.

I tried BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM, r4, r5, r6, r6.1, without A2DS and with A2SD

2.1 Vanilla based update 3, 4, 6, and the random reboot is constant for me, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 8 hours depends on actual ROM, when I was optimistic, because was not reboot 8 hours, reboot was unexpectedly during a phonecall, or during scroll, or when I'm not near the phone.

These ROMs are very great, fast enough, and I love them, and more better, then the 1.5, but I can not live with random reboots :(

Thank you very much for this hard work, do not stop it :rolleyes: :D :(

Guest flip360

i am using the vanillaish version from starkos if i am correct and its been running for 3 days now without any reboots or fc`s. Its quite fast and has the grey bar :rolleyes:

cheers

Guest le_lutin
i am using the vanillaish version from starkos if i am correct and its been running for 3 days now without any reboots or fc`s. Its quite fast and has the grey bar :rolleyes:

cheers

Also using that ROM from starkos and I find it to be stable enough - perhaps 1 reboot per day. As you say, it's very fast. I also really like the ADW launcher.