2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest flip360
Also using that ROM from starkos and I find it to be stable enough - perhaps 1 reboot per day. As you say, it's very fast. I also really like the ADW launcher.

i dont have any random reboots whatsoever, or find myself in need of booting. How are things on your pulse?

Guest Jan M
i dont have any random reboots whatsoever, or find myself in need of booting. How are things on your pulse?

U8220 or U8220-6?

Guest le_lutin

Things on my Pulse are fine, I guess. I don't do anything to crazy with it - mainly just calls and texts. No background data.

I *think* the reboots (which are very seldom) may be to do with 2g/3g switching. I'm really not sure. Only connected to 2g at the mo, might be a good way to test.

Guest dodge-167

Im back to T-Mobile 2.1 r6.1, because this ROM is pretty slow, theres not FCs but opening a Market, Calendar and any other App can be frustrating... :rolleyes:

i am using the vanillaish version from starkos if i am correct and its been running for 3 days now without any reboots or fc`s. Its quite fast and has the grey bar :D

cheers

I give one more chance, I try it :(

Why it is that the first reboot is always during I probe the Market (all ROMs)?

I accept the "Term of use...", and the Market App try to load the main page, "Loading...", and always reboot.

Now, I got 3 reboots, and after these reboots, the Market work good, no problem! :rolleyes:

Guest masterpfa
My phone just died , a black screen of death , i must to switch off the battery ... Anyone experienced this issue ?

I had this too, as I wasn't at home, so pulled the battery, re-flashed update 5 and sticking with that for a while.

Guest starkos

Sounds like it's working better for u than me ha! Do u have to enter a pin when u turn your phone on, as if not it may just be rebooting without u knowing lol?

Guest MarcusHenrique

I have to say that I never had a single reboot with any 2.1 rom on my U8220-6

I just have FC's, slowdowns, freezes, timebombs :rolleyes:

Guest Jan M
Dear All ,

I am sorry for the delayed informations of Android 2.1(Eclair), within few days some new models like U8100,U8110 ,U8500&C8600 will launch in market with ROM 512M ,RAM 256M & Android 2.1 OS.

The reason for U8220& U8230 Android 2.1 coming late & late,the key difficulty is the small RAM (192M) of old U82XX,The currently Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX.

...might explain the FCs, lockups, reboots...

my uptime is now 5 hours after a few reboots in the morning (no reboots at night)...although I'm not using the phone much and only moved around in a 200 meter radius =]

EDIT: the quote is from the first post entitled "[New Information] About Android 2.1 of Huawei U8220& U8230" http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/foru...127&start=0

Edited by Jan M

Guest flip360
Sounds like it's working better for u than me ha! Do u have to enter a pin when u turn your phone on, as if not it may just be rebooting without u knowing lol?

i have to enter pin number and yes man, your rom seems to work best for me of the other two or three there are in the making :rolleyes:

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest Lentz-it

...time to sell this old "new on swedish market 3 months ago" model and buy something that is more up to date or at least can be upgraded. No more Huawei Crap for me.

Guest flip360
...time to sell this old "new on swedish market 3 months ago" model and buy something that is more up to date or at least can be upgraded. No more Huawei Crap for me.

the G1 owners were waiting much longer then we are and the model is from HTC, pulse is by far the best bang for the buck, and i am tired of all you people just complaining about this or that, fc`s, reboots, or where is my calendar? come on...after all its BETA and i wouldnt be suprised if we got froyo in the meantime :rolleyes:

Edited by flip360

Guest JingleManSweep
the G1 owners were waiting much longer then we are and the model is from HTC, pulse is by far the best bang for the buck, and i am tired of all you people just complaining about this or that, fc`s, reboots, or where is my calendar? come on...after all its BETA and i wouldnt be suprised if we got froyo in the meantime :rolleyes:

Agreed... So, if RAM is the problem (FC's/Reboots), is it possible to enable a swap partition or compcache?

Guest flip360
Agreed... So, if RAM is the problem (FC's/Reboots), is it possible to enable a swap partition or compcache?

maybe, i think that MCR 1.7 has compcache enabled by default, dunno about swap

Guest eckengucker1

Can someone please, please post a catlog after the crashes occured? It would be really helpful. With your "ahh me phone is rebooting the hole time"-crying we can't solve the problem...

BTW: 1.8beta doesn't have compcache (look for /dev/ramzswap-folders).

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest le_lutin
Can someone please, please post a catlog after the crashes occured? It would be really helpful. With your "ahh me phone is rebooting the hole time"-crying we can't solve the problem...

BTW: 1.8beta doesn't have compcache (look for /dev/ramzswap-folders).

I'm sure many users would be happy to oblige - what is the easiest way to obtain the catlog ?

Guest le_lutin
sorry, it's called logcat (make always the same mistake ^^)

http://developer.android.com/guide/develop...adb.html#logcat

With all due respect, I don't think the page you linked to explains it simply enough to make it feasible for the average user.

Does the phone have to be connected to a computer when it crashes in order to get the log output? Surely there is just a logfile on the phone which shows stack traces?

Guest eckengucker1

It's simple:

If you want help for your Android 2.1 build you've to cooperate and that includes also learning how to use the build-in logmodul...

Me, I'm still running the 1.8 beta and I just install the rom for testing. My phone runs the 2.1 at a stretch. That's why I can't use my own logcat-logs :rolleyes:

Short howto:

adb logcat *:F (shows fatal errors)

adb logcat *:F -v thread (fatal errors showed threaded)

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest JingleManSweep
Short howto:

adb logcat -F (shows fatal errors)

adb logcat F -v thread (fatal errors showed threaded)

Actually, it is:

adb logcat F

But, it doesn't return anything. Even with the "-d" (dump) flag. Is there a "build.prop" or "local.prop" modification that needs to be made?

Guest eckengucker1

windows-key+r

"cmd"

"cd /path/to/adb"

"adb logcat *:F" (shows fatal errors)

or

"adb logcat *:F -v thread" (fatal errors showed threaded)

please post it.

I hope we can discover the core-problem :rolleyes:

Edited by eckengucker1