2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
What? Its a new ROM, we need it, like a junkie needs his fix of heroine, or the clouds must empty. Or me hosting a love party. It must happen, so it happens. We need these things for the world to turn. :D

Oh yeah, 403 again :/

403 will stay until upload is finished.

ps. ETA 4min says filezilla :rolleyes:

Sh4d0w940

Guest DanWilson
So update 8 simply disables JIT?

That means that we will lose some speed in order to improve the stability?

Did you have any reboots so far?

JIT didn't really improve the speed at all. Apparently, never got it with update 6, I think... I never noticed, but on reboot of using ADW, it'd acore force close, then reboot...

Jonathon, where do you find the file size?

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Sh4d0w940
So update 8 simply disables JIT?

That means that we will lose some speed in order to improve the stability?

Did you have any reboots so far?

Yes, it's disabling JIT.

Stability definitly improved, no reboots and no FC's so far. (not even the known one at first boot)

However I must say I used the vibrate fix wich also seems to improve stability.

Sh4d0w940

Guest jonathonf
You can see it if you view the file index. I don't want to say more in case someone goes silly and set something up that polls the server silly for new releases.

Question is, do I try update8 or the starkos ROM? Decisions...

Edited by jonathonf

Guest Sh4d0w940
JIT didn't really improve the speed at all. Apparently, never got it with update 6, I think... I never noticed, but on reboot of using ADW, it'd acore force close, then reboot...

It did, just look at linpack scores. Also ADW problems are probably solved now.

And as jonathonf said you can see the file size at last link, "dedicated server index".

Question is, do I try update8 or the starkos ROM? Decisions...

This one ofcourse! :rolleyes:

Note: Upload is finished now :D

Sh4d0w940

Guest Richard_Arkless

Downloading now :rolleyes:

Edit which one is better and more stable the starkos one which I keep hearing about or the one by shadow

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest goce.nakov

Edit which one is better and more stable the starkos one which I keep hearing about or the one by shadow

Depends...on my phone the Starkos ROM is more unstable got like 5 reboots from 2pm till now...so Im going back to Shadow's ROM

Guest MrLowHoe

I want to try out this starkos rom, I cannot locate it. I want to try out differnt 2.1 roms. Can anyone point me to it please?

Guest Richard_Arkless
I want to try out this starkos rom, I cannot locate it. I want to try out differnt 2.1 roms. Can anyone point me to it please?

I think this might be it, I went through his posts and this is the latest one that he posted

http://www.mediafire.com/?ziymlmee2i0

EDIT: the boot screen in this update of the shadow rom is wicked when I saw the coded boot process for a sec I thought oh noooo that cant be good then I saw the android :rolleyes:

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest igor_anta
Thread, discussion and starkos' upload: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/308...on-r6/page/80/# (post 90)

Uploaded by flip360: http://www.mediafire.com/?ziymlmee2i0

Also you can download the newer version of ADW, the one included in the starkos rom is a beta version. Just download and flash:

http://jbthemes.com/anderweb/category/adwlauncher/

I'm also using rem1x's framework with this. Cheers.

Guest MrLowHoe
I think this might be it, I went through his posts and this is the latest one that he posted

http://www.mediafire.com/?ziymlmee2i0

EDIT: the boot screen in this update is wicked when I saw the coded boot process for a sec I thought oh noooo that cant be good then I saw the android :D

Thanks Richard and Jonothan. From looking at the screenshots it looks appealing. I went rfom MCR 1.7 to 2.1 via the chinese rom and encountered painfull FC's and reboots so I went back to MCR 1.7. Hopefully this 2.1 rom will be stable and if it is I will defo stay with it :rolleyes:

Guest rx78nt1

Running r7 rom for a few days.

Much bit better than non-vanilla one and the Pulse vibrates now when ringing, but it still reboots but just not frequent as before.

Guest Richard_Arkless
This forum is legendary for its help :rolleyes:

havent you heard theres a competition to who answers a question the fastest lol :D

Guest Sh4d0w940
But doesnt change the status window also so you can't read mesages because the letters are all black on black backgraund?

Yes, you have to choose between clock and messages.

I'm still trying to fix this problem.

Sh4d0w940

Guest DanWilson
havent you heard theres a competition to who answers a question the fastest lol :D

Meh. I challenge myself to say really random and funny things, so funny, the screen turns yellow, or another colour (It has a "u", yes? Damn Mac!) depending on your diet :rolleyes:

lol. Just installed the Huawei update to fix vibrate, 1 - I think it failed... 2 - They've got a biig ego, first two screens being their own name, when the real 2.1 is released, every screen will have "Huawei" on it. All 3 boot screens, the notification bar, the power off screen (Screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"), and every noise will be "HUAWEI!".

We shall change it however, to "DAN"!!! ALL OF IT!!! FOR WE MUST!!! *Takes medication* Yeah, change it...

Edited by DanWilson