2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Csöpi
Does it happen every time, as it hasn't happened to me (yet)? I've only tested it with about 3 calls tho

Edit: Also were you on 2g or 3g? As people seem to suggest that the leak may have problems/restarting when switching between

I had 3 calls and one restart. I will test it out more later. I was on 3G

Guest masterpfa
I've just tested this rom that I'm attaching and it worked fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will for u so it's your choice!

Basically it's the r6.1 rom with A2SD and some vanilla features/apps included, as well as the launcher being replaced with the ADW launcher (not sure if that's allowed but credit/source below?) I haven't done much so all credit goes to the guys below:

Hi Starko, great work and thanks to all DEVS here Paul, BoBo, Sh4d0w940 and yourself along with the input from many others

Just one thing please don't take offence but as Sh4d0w940 had started this particular Vanilla thread perhaps you should have asked if it was OK to post your link here or place a link to a new thread, just out of courtesy.

Now that's out of the way, let's have a look to see what your ROM brings to the table. We are all lucky to have so many different versions to play with

:)

Guest starkos
I had 3 calls and one restart. I will test it out more later. I was on 3G

Cool, I'm on 2g at the moment but I will be able to test 3g later. Maybe just get all your apps & settings sorted, reboot the phone, then see how long it lasts as a phone ha

Guest starkos
Hi Starko, great work and thanks to all DEVS here Paul, BoBo, Sh4d0w940 and yourself along with the input from many others

Just one thing please don't take offence but as Sh4d0w940 had started this particular Vanilla thread perhaps you should have asked if it was OK to post your link here or place a link to a new thread, just out of courtesy.

Now that's out of the way, let's have a look to see what your ROM brings to the table. We are all lucky to have so many different versions to play with

;)

Yea I almost did but as it was pretty much exactly the same thing I didn't bother but I guess I should have. Sorry if caused offence Sh4d0w940 :)

Guest masterpfa
Yea I almost did but as it was pretty much exactly the same thing I didn't bother but I guess I should have. Sorry if caused offence Sh4d0w940 ;)

:D In the Android community, the more cooks, the better the broth (your efforts are appreciated don't get me wrong!) :(

P.S. Thanks to ogiogi for helping me with my little problem (hope my secret is safe with you :))

Edited by masterpfa

Guest dodge-167

Im just gonna say that with 2.1 and LauncherPro Beta and Live wallpapers phone works perfectly, try it, its really smooth and fast! I love it!

Guest le_lutin
Im just gonna say that with 2.1 and LauncherPro Beta and Live wallpapers phone works perfectly, try it, its really smooth and fast! I love it!

Which 2.1 do you have? And do you have FCs/reboots?

Edited by le_lutin

Guest whackster

Any chance of someone that knows how to do it to compile a short tutorial on how to sign apps so that they can be used with BigBear an Paul's 2.1 r6.1 ROM??

I have to replace the awful T-Mobile contacts app, and for some strange reason Contacts Evolved doesn't work with 2.1...

Guest gusthy

with this vanillaish awdish r6 plus autokiler it seems to be stable ok with phonecalls both 2g and 3g. i did not install framework addons if it counts.

ps i made a lot of phonecalls, no problem.

wow:)

bernacle works too.

next step is that i will try jit:)

Guest gusthy
mine rebooted in my pocket again so i was going back to mcr1.7 again. I need it today for work so it cant be instable

tomorrow add autokiller, it helps:)

btw, dd you wipe before flashing?

i get used to do flashing on a daily basis too:)

Guest Csöpi
tomorrow add autokiller, it helps:)

btw, dd you wipe before flashing?

i get used to do flashing on a daily basis too:)

of course i did. Im reinstalling my phone twice a day since the last week:D

Guest Sh4d0w940
Yea I almost did but as it was pretty much exactly the same thing I didn't bother but I guess I should have. Sorry if caused offence Sh4d0w940 :)

It didn't cause any offence, it's nice to see more people helping the community like masterpfa said. ;)

Guest le_lutin
I really hope the mic issue could be sorted, as this is the most stable beta out there

My understanding is that there is NO mic issue with Stakos' ROM. Is that not correct?

Guest Csöpi
My understanding is that there is NO mic issue with Stakos' ROM. Is that not correct?

correct but it rebooted for me twice.i

Guest gusthy
of course i did. Im reinstalling my phone twice a day since the last week:D

yup, morning reinstall for work and afternoon reinstall for peasure:)

cant imagine why it rebooted for you, are you in Budapest and tmobile H?

(for me it is perfect for 3 hours)

btw, my sequence was to install from vanilla mcr and full wipe before install. dd you add any framewok?)

Guest Csöpi

Thisone video is made with Sh4d0w940 firs rom. I used it for 50 minutes or something like that and had no restarts at all. As u can see its amazing fast.

Sorry for the poor qualty

Guest Csöpi
Were they both call related out of curiosity?

No the second one it was in my pocket. Dont know what happend i just felt it that it was rebooting.

yup, morning reinstall for work and afternoon reinstall for peasure:)

cant imagine why it rebooted for you, are you in Budapest and tmobile H?

(for me it is perfect for 3 hours)

btw, my sequence was to install from vanilla mcr and full wipe before install. dd you add any framewok?)

I always go from MCR Vanilla 1.7 to the new ones. Do a full wipe before. (i cant wipe dalvic cach dont know why. Gives me an error.)

(Budapest T-mobile)

BTW Has anybody a soulution for the popupmessage when its loosing wifi that press continu if u want to use data transfare? Because when im leaving home the phone goes offline that way and its really annoying.

Guest Rem1x

Hey, I know there are bigger problems (the ROM is fine for me, much quicker then 1.5, but there you go)

But we need some overclocking :)

Guest gusthy
No the second one it was in my pocket. Dont know what happend i just felt it that it was rebooting.

I always go from MCR Vanilla 1.7 to the new ones. Do a full wipe before. (i cant wipe dalvic cach dont know why. Gives me an error.)

(Budapest T-mobile)

BTW Has anybody a soulution for the popupmessage when its loosing wifi that press continu if u want to use data transfare? Because when im leaving home the phone goes offline that way and its really annoying.

Ooops, if you cannot wipe dalvik cache, maybe you dont have ext2 partition?

Then try to clean dallvik with adb shell, or reformat SD.

No idea for wifi problem

Guest Csöpi
Ooops, if you cannot wipe dalvik cache, maybe you dont have ext2 partition?

Then try to clean dallvik with adb shell, or reformat SD.

No idea for wifi problem

i dont use APPS2SD.