2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest gusthy
i dont use APPS2SD.

I see, but this rom tries to put dalvik cache to the ext2 partition. Maybe you simply run out of space?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Thisone video is made with Sh4d0w940 firs rom. I used it for 50 minutes or something like that and had no restarts at all. As u can see its amazing fast.

Sorry for the poor qualty

Hi

Where did you get the HTC style dock thing that was at the bottom of the screen on this video?

Thanx

Aaron

Guest masterpfa
It didn't cause any offence, it's nice to see more people helping the community like masterpfa said. :)

Hi Sh4d0w940, great ROM is the progress with the microphone issue and the clock?

So far bugs to report

1. FC's These have happened after phone calls or random phone being idle

2. Unable to lock onto Wi-Fi (I did initially but cannot any longer)

3. No 3G or H reception again I did initially.

I have done a wipe and used a freshly formatted card (oh wait a minute! The SD card if I remember did have an issue or two when trying to transfer data!)

OK back in a while with my issues but any idea of an ETA on the intial issues mic etc.?

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi Sh4d0w940, great ROM is the progress with the microphone issue and the clock?

So far bugs to report

1. FC's These have happened after phone calls or random phone being idle

2. Unable to lock onto Wi-Fi (I did initially but cannot any longer)

3. No 3G or H reception again I did initially.

I have done a wipe and used a freshly formatted card (oh wait a minute! The SD card if I remember did have an issue or two when trying to transfer data!)

OK back in a while with my issues but any idea of an ETA on the intial issues mic etc.?

Yes, if found some more info about phone.apk and I think the problem was that TelephonyProvider.apk was very important for phone.apk and I didn't replace that with stock version.

So the phone.apk (from stock) used data TelephonyProvider.apk (from T-Mobile) send it.

I'm going to test a rom with both apps from T-Mobile now, and if that is still buggy I will upload the rom with both stock apps.

ETA: I think 30 mins max :)

Guest robot1000
tomorrow add autokiller, it helps:)

btw, dd you wipe before flashing?

i get used to do flashing on a daily basis too:)

Which is the best 'Present' to choose?

Guest starkos
Yes, if found some more info about phone.apk and I think the problem was that TelephonyProvider.apk was very important for phone.apk and I didn't replace that with stock version.

So the phone.apk (from stock) used data TelephonyProvider.apk (from T-Mobile) send it.

I'm going to test a rom with both apps from T-Mobile now, and if that is still buggy I will upload the rom with both stock apps.

ETA: I think 30 mins max :)

Sounds good, let us know if it works so I can do my own (I won't bother uploading it though as your back now)

Guest gusthy
thats weird

Well, if two events follow each other, it doesnt mean casuality, but this is what happeened, I just reported it :)

Guest Sh4d0w940

Ok, something I didn't expect here:

I've redid all changes to the rom from the begin and made 2 roms, one with phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk from T-Mobile and one with the apk's from android sdk image.

I tested the t-mobile version while expecting the same problems mentioned earlier (no connection, very buggy) but it runs fine now :S.

I've uploaded the version with stock apps so I could post link here when i confirmed problems with t-mob version but now that isn't buggy I will upload that too.

Here's the url with the stock apps:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fy3f4joj5zy

Expect url for tmob version shortly.

The choise is yours for now :)

Ps. I'm going to flash the stock apps version now to see if it gives problems but since i don't expect them you can try the rom yourself with above url ;)

Guest starkos

I've redid all changes to the rom from the begin and made 2 roms, one with phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk from T-Mobile and one with the apk's from android sdk image.

I tested the t-mobile version while expecting the same problems mentioned earlier (no connection, very buggy) but it runs fine now :S.

I've uploaded the version with stock apps so I could post link here when i confirmed problems with t-mob version but now that isn't buggy I will upload that too.

Ps. I'm going to flash the stock apps version now to see if it gives problems but since i don't expect them you can try the rom yourself with above url ;)

Yea the t-mob ones are what's inside my release and they seem okay, interested to hear if u get stock ones working though

Guest masterpfa

Thanks for the quick response. I'm off out at the moment, so will check back and try tomorrow, when I have more time :D

Guest MRond

I want to flash the rom.

But one question.

I flashed more roms before but not with a2sd.

Can i wipe just my sytem and flash this rom. or must i do antying more about my sd card ?? its now ntfs.

Greateingz

Guest Sh4d0w940
I want to flash the rom.

But one question.

I flashed more roms before but not with a2sd.

Can i wipe just my sytem and flash this rom. or must i do antying more about my sd card ?? its now ntfs.

Greateingz

Hmm, maybe you should format it to fat32 but I am not sure if that's necessary.

If it worked with other roms wiping and flashing will do.

Guest Sh4d0w940
The hyperlinks in the OP for Update 2 of the Vanilla and T-Mobile Roms are the same

Thanks for mentioning, fixed it :)

*edit* I flashed the stock version now, and it doesn't have connection problems either. (haven't tested mic while calling but sound recorder is working fine)

I will upload update3 shortly and it will be more vanillaish.

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest starkos
i tried the stock one and the problem is the same. Mic dose not work:s

Yea I really wouldn't bother swapping phone.apk, pretty sure there's nothing t-mob about it anyway.

Just reflashed my vanillaish with stock launcher, which seems more reliable/quicker, and markets working again so i wonder what broke it since yesterday!

Edited by starkos

Guest Sh4d0w940
i tried the stock one and the problem is the same. Mic dose not work:s

Completely not or just while calling? Because with sound recorder it works fine here.

Before trying the T-Mobile version i advise to wait till update3, I will upload it shortly.

Guest Sh4d0w940
voice search works fine. So its only at the calls again:S Im alread downloading the t-mobile one. Will test it anyways:)

Yeah about voice search, does someone use it or shall i remove it?

Because at start it gives a FC and if it's not used anyway you'd be better off without it.