2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest TehStiggles

Hmmm not sure whats going on here but since installing this rom phone wont charge. Shows as though its charging but power is going down instead of up lol

EDIT:- did a nandroid restore back to 1.5 then back to this an fine now.

Very odd :S

Edited by TehStiggles

Guest Theme Ishere

Sorry for that, but I have a complete noob question: If you use this custom rom, will you have to download all apps again or can you keep the installed ones?

Thanks

Guest Celeb
Sorry for that, but I have a complete noob question: If you use this custom rom, will you have to download all apps again or can you keep the installed ones?

Thanks

you can backup all your apps using application MyBackup. At least that's what i did before upgrading to december update :)

Guest starkos
Yeah, I bought bettercut, installed fine.

I only changed the drawable files.

+1

Dan

Cheers again, I'm guessing it must be because I've also been swapping the statusbar xml file as well!

@zerosignull, if you read this do you think if u can remember u could tell me if you swapped any xml files when making your custom framework-res.apk (which I've been using) ?

Edit: I just thought u probably modded the stock one so u wouldn't have had to change any xml files and Ive been wasting my time lol?

Edited by starkos

Guest Daniel Williamson
Hmmm not sure whats going on here but since installing this rom phone wont charge. Shows as though its charging but power is going down instead of up lol

EDIT:- did a nandroid restore back to 1.5 then back to this an fine now.

Very odd :S

Mines charging fine when connected to my laptop ??

Dan

Guest screwface

Anyone got the gallery app from the t mobile rom working on this? It's much better as you can swipe left or right to change to the next photo, i've been working on it but everything i do it doesn't work :)

Guest biron_w

I flashed r4 last night and it's definitely the best beta rom i've put on so far.I got one random reboot at first but after that no problems. I've not had a single reboot or force close at all so far.

Guest robertopero
I flashed r4 last night and it's definitely the best beta rom i've put on so far.I got one random reboot at first but after that no problems. I've not had a single reboot or force close at all so far.

Nice! And what's up with the mic? It is works?

Guest biron_w
Nice! And what's up with the mic? It is works?

I haven't actually tried the mic yet.I'll try it later and post the result.

Guest robertopero
Mic works - mine does :)

Thanks. I'll give it a try later today.

And if I copy the hungarian language pack to this ROM, it will be work?

Edited by robertopero

Guest zerosignull
Cheers again, I'm guessing it must be because I've also been swapping the statusbar xml file as well!

@zerosignull, if you read this do you think if u can remember u could tell me if you swapped any xml files when making your custom framework-res.apk (which I've been using) ?

Edit: I just thought u probably modded the stock one so u wouldn't have had to change any xml files and Ive been wasting my time lol?

I moded the HW res pack.

Has any one else tried a ROM based on the MINI ROM? I would be very interested if someone can get the telephony working on it (got the wifi working last night but thats about it). Its really worth a punt!

Guest robertopero
On first call after finished I have reboot :)

Not a good start. Does anybody has the same problem with this ROM?

Guest robot1000
btw, how I can check if apps are installed on SD card?

Just check the remaining memory left on the phone. If it's still high, then a2sd is working

Guest goce.nakov
Just check the remaining memory left on the phone. If it's still high, then a2sd is working

It's not working :), still apps are installing in Phone (I downloaded the Weather widget from the market) any settings I'm missing to do?

Guest gusthy

I made an experiment and it is strange.

I flashed upd4, and while setup it made an acore, while configuring gmail box.

Then reflashed it and skipped gmail config, no acore. Then went to gmail app and started configuring it ->acore.

Guest andreass4

Since yesterday mine works quite fine... Also gmail is working! I didnt change anything only flashed it on my u8230.

Guest cgoran

After I flashed upd4, I have copied old apps that were in apps folder on ext2 partition and after reboot phone is boot loop.

Is there another way how to get old apps?

Guest screwface

Anyone managed to get voice search and keyboard voice working again? I've chucked voicesearchwithkeyboard.apk pikotts.apk and the other apk but no joy.

Guest gusthy
After I flashed upd4, I have copied old apps that were in apps folder on ext2 partition and after reboot phone is boot loop.

Is there another way how to get old apps?

yes.

Create a directory on /sdcard, say "backup", copy /data/app/_your_apps_want_to_save_apks there, and retrieve from that directory