[SOLUTION] Running TomTom

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest Ignition

cool.. nice one.. what method does this use to make Tomtom work ??

I ended up installing gpsmod driver and that works nice and simple with tomtom......

Guest ErnstJanF
cool.. nice one.. what method does this use to make Tomtom work ??

I ended up installing gpsmod driver and that works nice and simple with tomtom......

This is gpsmod :)

Guest Thunder141

Tom Tom 7, Garmin Mobile XT and Navigon MN7 are running on my b7610 with just some registry changes and changing the gps port from 7 to 4. No extra software needed

With Hyper GPS i managed to get tmc with the ukw radio from te b7610

This is gpsmod :)
Edited by Thunder141

Guest ErnstJanF
Tom Tom 7, Garmin Mobile XT and Navigon MN7 are running on my b7610 with just some registry changes and changing the gps port from 7 to 4. No extra software needed

With Hyper GPS i managed to get tmc with the ukw radio from te b7610

Believe it or not, many users DO NOT WANT TO change the registry :)

Guest gkirev
Believe it or not, many users DO NOT WANT TO change the registry ;)

But are ready to spam their phones with useless software... Not bad... :)

Guest subzero85
But are ready to spam their phones with useless software... Not bad... :)

An alternative to this software what are the registry keys to change or other modify?

I have not tested anyone of two solutions but i'll do it very soon!!

Thanks in advance.. ;)

Guest Machiel
An alternative to this software what are the registry keys to change or other modify?

I have not tested anyone of two solutions but i'll do it very soon!!

Thanks in advance.. :D

I will try this little peace of equipment, but I'm also very anxious to know what the registry changes are :rolleyes:

Guest Thunder141

i've done it with those one

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: change from 100 to 0 (I skipped this and it works better)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: change from 16384 to 1024

In Samsung Settings GPS I changed Com Port from 7 to 4, leave Hardware Port on 9 and Changed Speed to 57600.

As I mentioned: Garmin, TomTom and Navigon MN7 work with this settings.

I will try this little peace of equipment, but I'm also very anxious to know what the registry changes are :rolleyes:

Guest Machiel
i've done it with those one

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: change from 100 to 0 (I skipped this and it works better)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: change from 16384 to 1024

In Samsung Settings GPS I changed Com Port from 7 to 4, leave Hardware Port on 9 and Changed Speed to 57600.

As I mentioned: Garmin, TomTom and Navigon MN7 work with this settings.

Thnq! Will try this weekend :rolleyes:

Guest RainerRabe2
Thnq! Will try this weekend :rolleyes:

do NOT do this one:

if you do it, then contacts will not work while navigating, and also phone will crash if you navigate and do phonecalls in background!

also the others are NOT NEEDED, but can improve Tomtom- changing the COM port makes the GPS work as "internal GPS" in tomtom and others, that is the only one REALLY REQUIRED as per my experience.

Guest Machiel

Allright.. well I installed the little .cab from above and that one seems to work just fine :rolleyes: (At least with Sygic MM2009 on WM6.5.5). So my weekend is already great and it aint even friday jet :D Thnx Ernst Jan!

Edit: for all you people who will start telling me that Sygic always works, that is correct. But not with SPB Mobile Shell and now that also does. :(

Edited by Machiel

• 2 months later...
Guest unicyclist
Allright.. well I installed the little .cab from above and that one seems to work just fine :D (At least with Sygic MM2009 on WM6.5.5). So my weekend is already great and it aint even friday jet ;) Thnx Ernst Jan!

Edit: for all you people who will start telling me that Sygic always works, that is correct. But not with SPB Mobile Shell and now that also does. :D

the link to the .cab doesn't work anymore. Can somebody repost or pm?

When I manually try to change the values in the register (using Mobile Registry Editor) I get an error message: ERROR SETTING VALUE / ACCESS DENIED

pls help; this issue is getting me and :D

michie