[Guide] Nexus one power saving, undervolting, kernel replacement

Guest acantril

Guest acantril

Hey All, I was asked to post a guide of mine over at XDA for any 'novice' nexus one owners. I understand there are other guides out there, but for some odd reason I've had some good comments on my guide. Anyway, here is is http://www.adriancantrill.me/blog/2010/04/...-the-nexus-one/ i've updated the thread with some additions today based on comments and added the flash ZIP from SDCARD method of updating. I hope this helps you guys save some battery life... assuming you dont know better (which many of you will ).

Let me know if its of use, and if you have any suggestions or comments that would be nice too, on this thread primarily or blog comments and @woolnoir

Shameless Plug If this article is useful to you please keep in mind my sponsored ads - if they are advertising something useful please pay them a visit.

Edited by acantril

Guest charronegro1971
Hey All, I was asked to post a guide of mine over at XDA for any 'novice' nexus one owners. I understand there are other guides out there, but for some odd reason I've had some good comments on my guide. Anyway, here is is http://www.adriancantrill.me/blog/2010/04/...-the-nexus-one/ i've updated the thread with some additions today based on comments and added the flash ZIP from SDCARD method of updating. I hope this helps you guys save some battery life... assuming you dont know better (which many of you will ).

Let me know if its of use, and if you have any suggestions or comments that would be nice too, on this thread primarily or blog comments and @woolnoir

Shameless Plug If it is useful to you please click some of my ads - i'm not asking or guilting you into clicking, but since i've started blogging my bandwith has gone up i'd appreciate some sponsor payments

Thank you for posting this!

Guest acantril

As some feedback to this, a lot has changed since i wrote the article specifically Intersect raven has started to focus on the 800MV and 900MV variants of his kernel - anyone whos tried this, feedback would be appreciated as to how they find the battery life. I'll be updating my post at some stage with a recommendation based on feedback here, and on the thread in the development forum on XDA.

Guest acantril
As some feedback to this, a lot has changed since i wrote the article specifically Intersect raven has started to focus on the 800MV and 900MV variants of his kernel - anyone whos tried this, feedback would be appreciated as to how they find the battery life. I'll be updating my post at some stage with a recommendation based on feedback here, and on the thread in the development forum on XDA.

People should be sure to give the 900 a go, even if the 800 one works. I seem to be experiencing more battery life and less 2G to 3G network switching with the 900 one.

Guest acantril
People should be sure to give the 900 a go, even if the 800 one works. I seem to be experiencing more battery life and less 2G to 3G network switching with the 900 one.

Anyone stuck with a battery recharge issues with this release ? My 2800MAH battery is stuck at 91% charge after a reboot and a battery stats clear... I wanted to check for anyone else with similar before i regress.