Home button broken, accounts gone, home screens reverted.....???

Guest kbs24

Guest kbs24

I am running r14 on Nexus one for a couple of weeks without problems. I had all my accounts synced, speed dial folders set up, home screens arranged to perfection, and then today, POUF!! I started getting messages telling me that Android market stopped working and had to close, and some other apps as well, so I shut down entirely and rebooted, only to find that my contacts were gone, accounts were gone, home screens had reverted back to some other arrangement, and my home button (capacitive) does not work any more!!! Fortunately it appears that all my apps are still installed. But not only do I want to cry because of all the work I have to do over again, I am scared because I have no idea what happened. Anyone have any ideas how to fix the home button? Any idea what may have happened to my home screens? Any help here would be appreciated. I like to be in control so this has me freaked out!! Thanks....

Guest RTX101
I am running r14 on Nexus one for a couple of weeks without problems. I had all my accounts synced, speed dial folders set up, home screens arranged to perfection, and then today, POUF!! I started getting messages telling me that Android market stopped working and had to close, and some other apps as well, so I shut down entirely and rebooted, only to find that my contacts were gone, accounts were gone, home screens had reverted back to some other arrangement, and my home button (capacitive) does not work any more!!! Fortunately it appears that all my apps are still installed. But not only do I want to cry because of all the work I have to do over again, I am scared because I have no idea what happened. Anyone have any ideas how to fix the home button? Any idea what may have happened to my home screens? Any help here would be appreciated. I like to be in control so this has me freaked out!! Thanks....

I heard somewhere theres a rumor about your phone can be hacked or even virus affected. As for my opinion - rooted means more risks to be hacked. Correct me if im wrong?

Guest war eagle

Wipe/erase and re-flash the rom. Backup everything with my backup pro as it can backup apps + app data.