Circle battery MOD

Guest squrl

Guest ernest33

Thank for this mod :( , but i have a small question...which icons are replaced by this mod (except bat, wifi, ...) ?

Are the icons in popup menu on Home changed too ?

Did i miss something ? :(

Guest squrl
This one stopped my headset working!!!!

Could you be more specific please? Which headset are we talking about? Bluetooth, or wired headphones? No one had complained about anything yet, so I believe something must have gone wrong while you were flashing. Which ROM do you use? Did you check, if the file you've downloaded had the correct MD5?

does this include the percentage inside the battery icon??

Yes.

Thank for this mod :( , but i have a small question...which icons are replaced by this mod (except bat, wifi, ...) ?

Are the icons in popup menu on Home changed too ?

Did i miss something ? :(

Pretty much all the notification bar icons + slide down notification area is transparent. Nothing else is changed.

Edited by squrl

Guest squrl
so, if i'm right, your zip contains the 'original' custom battery on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=679937 + alle the custom green icons except the alarm clock, which you have replaced by the stock one?

why is yours so much bigger?

Yes, you're right. The reason, why my update is bigger is simple. Lower ZIP compression ratio. Doesn't really matter anyway, since when you flash, there will be no difference, cause the files will be unpacked and exactly the same size.

And just for the record, I want to state, that I claim no credit for this mod, all credits belong to the original author.

Edited by squrl

Guest drvdijk

This does not work well if the MCR 3.1 has not been booted before. I just tried flashing that ROM (MCR 3.1, after wiping all the sh*t off the device, a completely clean new ext3 partition, etc), and directly after the circular_battery.zip. It would simply not boot :)

Guest pina
This does not work well if the MCR 3.1 has not been booted before. I just tried flashing that ROM (MCR 3.1, after wiping all the sh*t off the device, a completely clean new ext3 partition, etc), and directly after the circular_battery.zip. It would simply not boot :)

it should work, I baked MCR together with the mod. But you should not use Paul's recovery, but use the other one instead because Paul's reovery doesn't wipe well, resulting in bootloops.

Guest squrl

No problems here mate. I suspect something must have gone wrong while you were flashing, do you use the new recovery from ahgmsk? Did you check the MD5 of the file you've downloaded to see, if the file isn't corrupted? What excatly does it do when you power up the phone? Do you get bootloops, or it just stucks at the boot animation and seemingly does nothing?

If you don't get bootloops, you shall wait, it can take up to 15 minutes, as dalvik cache needs to be rebuilt after you install the mod.

Edited by squrl

Guest drvdijk
No problems here mate. I suspect something must have gone wrong while you were flashing, do you use the new recovery from ahgmsk? Did you check the MD5 of the file you've downloaded to see, if the file isn't corrupted? What excatly does it do when you power up the phone? Do you get bootloops, or it just stucks at the boot animation and seemingly does nothing?

If you don't get bootloops, you shall wait, it can take up to 15 minutes, as dalvik cache needs to be rebuilt after you install the mod.

Hi squrl, thanks for the support :) I'll try again right now.

1. First up, the md5sum of the circular_battery.zip from your first post: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3. That seems correct.
  2. Rebooting the phone in recovery (indeed) using ahgmsk's recovery
  3. wiping data/factory reset, cache, Dalvik-cache, and SD:ext partition (using A2SD+). Guess that's overkill as well, wiping cache after the data/factory reset, and wiping the Dalvik-cache while also wiping SD:ext partition.
  4. Then I flash the r3-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-siged-MD5-<hash>.zip.
  5. I directly continue flashing your circular_battery.zip
  6. Reboot system now
  7. Wait, have coffee, coffee, tea, and another coffee (15+ minutes, 30 in fact). I see the htc quietly brilliant static, not boot-looping (not vibrating every x sec/min) the first few minutes, after which it starts to load up the boot-animation continuously (black screen, almost makes it to the last few frames striking the - through the last t). It is not vibrating every x seconds however, implying it's not a 'real' boot loop.
  8. Use adb shell to see what's up, and see an average load of 3. The adb connection is stable, implying its not a boot-loop (not vibrating every x sec/min). It's continuously restarting the /system/bin/mediaserver executable (the pid increases after each loop):
      265 0		  708 R	/system/bin/sh -

1964 1013	 38356 S	/system/bin/mediaserver

1965 0		 123m S	zygote /bin/app_process -Xzygote /system/bin --zygote --start-system-server

1985 1000	  211m S	system_server

1999 1003	 40104 S <  /system/bin/bootanimation

2028 0		 1164 R	ps -w

9. No other option then to either pull the battery or issue a shutdown command from the adb shell. Then it's reflashing time again...

Guest drvdijk

I tried late last night again, without flashing the circular_battery.zip but instead extracting the services.jar from it and manually placing it in /system/framework. That seems to work, so I guess it might have something to do with the altered framework-res.apk. Didn't Pays update it in his ROM? The framework-res.apk in the circular_battery.zip having the same md5 hash as one of his previous ROMS, it might seem logical to replace the current framework-res.apk with the new one.

Guest jullejul
Hi,

the original Circle battery update changes not only the battery icon itself, but almost all other icons, not speaking about transparent slide-down notification area. And because all I wanted to change was the battery icon, I've modified the original update package to do so.

If anyone is interested, download attached zip file, save it to your SD card and flash it in recovery. For de-odexed ROMs only (MCR r1 & r3).

Notice: first boot takes longer than usual, so don't panic and let it work :) I claim no credit for this mod, all credits belong to the original author.

Original:

son38i.png

Modded:

devicea.png

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

can i take you battery mod and make it for froyo? 2.2

Guest squrl
can i take you battery mod and make it for froyo? 2.2

Unfortunatelly nope. You'll have to wait for the original author of this mod to release 2.2 compatible framework.jar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Emmepi

Hey !

Stupid question !

Could this modded statusbar work on my Nexus One too ?

Just flashed r17 Froyo MoDaCo on my Nexus, and i would apply this statusbar (to have the same as my Desire...) to have percentage...

Thx !

Guest spiritde
Hey !

Stupid question !

Could this modded statusbar work on my Nexus One too ?

Just flashed r17 Froyo MoDaCo on my Nexus, and i would apply this statusbar (to have the same as my Desire...) to have percentage...

Thx !

Unfortunatelly nope. You'll have to wait for the original author of this mod to release 2.2 compatible framework.jar.

I guess that's a no.

Guest lenik
you should not use Paul's recovery, but use the other one instead because Paul's reovery doesn't wipe well, resulting in bootloops.

where can I get "another recovery", please ?

Guest Lollylost100

No, it's because my ROM isn't deodexed so battery percentage doesnt show up.

Could somebody deodex the stock 1.21.405.2 WWE ROM for me?

Edited by Lollylost100

Guest magicpie1980
No, it's because my ROM isn't deodexed so battery percentage doesnt show up.

Could somebody deodex the stock 1.21.405.2 WWE ROM for me?

Just use r17;)

Guest Lollylost100

A little offtopic. Can I deodex my ROM by copying files from /system/framework/ from MRC r3.1 to my own ROM? Will that work?