Trackball Wake for Desire N1 ROM?

Guest rICHIEa1226

Guest rICHIEa1226

Hello,

I am trying to see if anyone has been able to or had the oppurtunity to import the trackball wake to the desire rom on the nexus one?? I figured since we on alpha 22 maybe someone has found the trick on how to do so.. Thanks

Guest deanesn

I've been trying to but I haven't got any response from the developer or any one else. If i knew what the code is and which .smali in the services.jar contains the code I can try to port it for us but until then it is not as easy as pushing services.jar from cyanogen to r22. :D

Well here is the source code for the trackball wake and trackball skip from metalhead who created this mod. If any one has the skills to compile into the desire feel free. I am sure a lot of us will be happy. :rolleyes:

http://github.com/metalhead8816

Edited by deanesn

Guest desull

I've been wondering/waiting/dreaming for the same thing! Its the only thing missing from the desire port IMO...

Is anyone else having power button issues? i've came to the conclusion that the power button "long press time" is entirely too short..when i turn the screen off from the homescreen, it'll flicker and go to the lock screen..then when i try to wake it up from screen off, i have to press and release the power button as quick as i can or it doesnt turn on...same issue when i try to shut it down by long pressing the power button and selecting shut down..it takes multiple attempts for it not to turn the screen off before i can hit shut down..very very very annoying when i cant wake up/shut down my phone :rolleyes:

Guest deanesn
I've been wondering/waiting/dreaming for the same thing! Its the only thing missing from the desire port IMO...

Is anyone else having power button issues? i've came to the conclusion that the power button "long press time" is entirely too short..when i turn the screen off from the homescreen, it'll flicker and go to the lock screen..then when i try to wake it up from screen off, i have to press and release the power button as quick as i can or it doesnt turn on...same issue when i try to shut it down by long pressing the power button and selecting shut down..it takes multiple attempts for it not to turn the screen off before i can hit shut down..very very very annoying when i cant wake up/shut down my phone :rolleyes:

it sounds like you might have bad power button? none of those issues you described happen to me although my brother's nexus one did have the similar symptoms when we compared the phones, on one side of the power button was really hard to press and it will not go down all the way and on the other side it was just fine. it seemed like it was not assembled properly so he called htc and got replacement. Note his is not rooted.

Guest desull
it sounds like you might have bad power button? none of those issues you described happen to me although my brother's nexus one did have the similar symptoms when we compared the phones, on one side of the power button was really hard to press and it will not go down all the way and on the other side it was just fine. it seemed like it was not assembled properly so he called htc and got replacement. Note his is not rooted.

hmm...its not like my power button is hard to push, but a standard push will act like multiple push's of the button..but if i press it as quick as i can it'll act fine. I guess it could have something to do with the assembly...obviously i'm rooted so i guess i cant send it back, i wonder how hard it would be to open it up for a look...This is a newer issue that started happening tho. On the stock rom it worked fine but Ive only been on the desire port since Ive rooted it and i just assumed it was an alpha release issue :rolleyes:

On the main topic, on twitter (prior to r22) Paul said he does plan on incorporating the track ball wakeup in a future build..

Guest techlogik

The source it over at xde for the track ball wake etc..

Somebody is going to need to try and port it over to the Desire rom though, currently it is in cyogen rom I believe, but the source is there also.

Would be nice for sure.

Guest gimp1045
Hello,

I am trying to see if anyone has been able to or had the oppurtunity to import the trackball wake to the desire rom on the nexus one?? I figured since we on alpha 22 maybe someone has found the trick on how to do so.. Thanks

i downloaded No Lock by BoD from the market (using alpha22 also) and it wakes with the trackball once locking is disabled.

Once you install it, add the No Lock widget to your screen. The icon is green when locking is enabled, and orange when locking is disabled.

Guest deanesn
i downloaded No Lock by BoD from the market (using alpha22 also) and it wakes with the trackball once locking is disabled.

Once you install it, add the No Lock widget to your screen. The icon is green when locking is enabled, and orange when locking is disabled.

I'm going to try not to sound mean or mad here. Thanks for the advice gimp most of here know about these apps and the idea is to have this code as part of your phone without wasting space for apps. Plus we want to wake the phone by pressing the trackball not by pressing the power button. The code is out there but its unfortunate that none of us have the knowledge to implement it for the desire rom.

Guest gimp1045
Plus we want to wake the phone by pressing the trackball not by pressing the power button.

i never mentioned anything about waking the phone with the power button.

---

i realize my answer is not EXACTLY what everyone is looking for but since nobody had offered anything else, i figured i'd chime in.

i also don't even know if its a bug or not, that with alpha 22 and No Lock installed it wakes with the trackball, i just thought i would share.

Guest Docmjldds
Your app is a battery eater?

Curious...if your referring to that no lock app, what are you using to determine rate that app is using power. Been using that app since day 1 regarding lack of porting trackball wake to the desire.

Guest illmatic416
I am working on merging in trackball wake.

P

:rolleyes: Sweet! Thanks Paul. Will it now be implemented in the next build?

Guest Paul

The next build JUST went live.

I'm still working on the port (together with a million other things!), but I also have to factor in that the next MCR will probably be Froyo... :rolleyes:

P

Guest kiay
I am working on merging in trackball wake.

P

Thx Paul, so you mean the trackball wake will be available in the next Desire N1 rom update?

Guest deanesn
i never mentioned anything about waking the phone with the power button.

---

i realize my answer is not EXACTLY what everyone is looking for but since nobody had offered anything else, i figured i'd chime in.

i also don't even know if its a bug or not, that with alpha 22 and No Lock installed it wakes with the trackball, i just thought i would share.

Thanks, the app is actually works great compared to others, but one thing I find with these apps is that they keep your device awake at all times and won't allow your device to go to sleep so this drains battery faster. I'm not sure why google isn't implementing this as a feature.

Well good thing Paul will work on this mod. We all know he is busy with hundred more things so it would have been nice if I could help him and the community in the process but I can't. :D

Thanks Paul. We appreciate everything you do for us. I know the list for requests keeps growing and growing but we will take what we can get so keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Edited by deanesn