Guest Richie M

:shock: not only is it the slimest Smartphone and has a built in camera :shock:

It also has an internal USB port :shock:

Check out the pic from Smartphony.org :lol:

11.jpg

I can't wait for this to come out ;)

Guest TSCRYPTO

From Smartphony...

Our good old man SPV of which nobody knows exactly at which speed its processor is given rhythm (TI OMAP 720, instructions ARM 7) has concern to be done, indeed with the MDC2003, Microsoft brought smartphones having design INTEL, therefore with a processor Xscale, more precisely the PXA262. This last is an example of integration, indeed it integrates a processor PXA250 (known PocketPC world) and two banks of memory flash! PocketPC2002 and Smartphone2002 are not optimized for Xscale, but at least, one is on it is with 200Mhz thus already that will go more quickly no matter what it arrives;o))

Also note the absence of joystick, hope that this lapse of memory will be corrected in the version which will be available to the OEM!

I liked the comment comparing it to a 1968 paving stone...

All we have to do is transplant this phone's brain into the SPV's body...sorted!

Guest midnight

the Asus one looks nasty (even uglier than the intel in my opinion, but then, i dont like clamshell phones, altho, you may like it paul, cos the front looks like an audi badge heheh), but is pretty darn powerfull

didnt know the intel phone had a builty in camera? oh, and as for joystick, its got these mad rollers that apparently work real well, as paul can probably fill you in on :wink:

asus phone:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/448.html

Guest Richie M

I must be the only one who likes the Intel (ok it could do with big a bit more rounded).

Paul - do you know if it's going to be commercially available (it's it only says it's a reference model :lol:)

Guest Paul [MVP]

I love the Intel, it's awesome!

Commercial reliability relies upon a manufacturer picking up the reference design (named 'Electra'). I would be very suprised if it wasn't available!

I've played with it in a variety of colours, so there is a fair few in existence.

The roller is a bit odd, think I prefer the Tanager joystick, but it's so small, light and fast!

The integrated camera is cool, and would probably work v well for video capture with something like IA Album!

P

Guest hunkymouse

That looks like the one they showed/previewed at CeBIT - that right? MSmobiles says it has Bluetooth, which is a surprise.

And what, exactly is Ozone? "(Microsoft Smartphone Ozone OS)"

the Asus one looks nasty (even uglier than the intel in my opinion, but then, i dont like clamshell phones, altho, you may like it paul, cos the front looks like an audi badge heheh), but is pretty darn powerfull

didnt know the intel phone had a builty in camera? oh, and as for joystick, its got these mad rollers that apparently work real well, as paul can probably fill you in on :wink:

asus phone:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/448.html

Guest GreXS

I like the Intel Wistron Smartphone.

Does anyone now when it will reach the market? Price? Where to order?

And....

Where can i order the SPVx - Tanager.

And please an English site..

Thanx,

GreXS